Metroid Prime Trilogy - Out of Print (Thanks, Nintendo!)

[quote name='willardhaven']Well you said my opinion was the most wrong thing ever. If that's so, would I not be correct by inferring that you considered it a big deal? Hyperbole is fine but it can sometimes makes you seem like one of those maniac "hardcore" gamers. [/QUOTE]
1: I never actually said that. You're mixing me up with someone who is somewhat less worthy.
2: So fuckin' what? It's harmless hyperbole. You new to the internet?
3: I heard that Metroid is really a girl. Is this true?

So yeah, I got my Wii back and this game is now able to be played! I haven't touched the story modes on any of the game, but I played the Multiplayer on MP2. It seems pretty cool.

I'll have to start MP1 soon, and give that a shot.

They were Limited Editions, and Nintendo didn't want to keep it in print, like most of their games since it was a reprint, just like the Play Control titles that have dropped to clearance everywhere--they are not meant for long tail sales like the Mario titles.

I still see these in Walmarts and Targets, so there are still a few floating out there. Funny all the panic initially when they announced the end of the print run.

I plan on playing Metroid Prime 1 today and see how I do. Never had a chance to play it before and I hope to have an excellent experience on the game. Hopefully the sun won't affect the gameplay that much.

I went to 3 walmarts, 2 targets, and 7 gamestops, looking for this game until I finally found a used copy for $40. I would have bought it when it came out, but I didn't have a wii at the time. The copy I got the disk is perfect without a scratch, the metal box has a slight dent, and the plastic cover has a bent corner and a squished side. I used to have Prime 1 and 2 for gamecube, but I prefer the wii controls over the gamecube's.

Incase anyone from Anaheim, California is looking for this game, Best Buy near the Block at Orange has three copies left as of today. Not on sale though.

I saw a good many copies down in Martinsburg, WV last night down at Best Buy for those in the area interested.

Unfortunately, my local Targets have been pretty barren of Metroid Prime games for a while. I did find a used copy at GameStop for $40, tho.

In preparation for Other M coming out, I've been trying to play through Trilogy (even though I've played through the original GC & Wii versions at least twice), unlocking all the bonus content I can. That said, I've found I am a credit or two shy of all the green credits/vouchers I need for all the Corruption bonuses. Is anybody in the same boat and want to trade vouchers or anyone who has extra vouchers feel like sending me a few? Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

I found it at a Kmart 2 days ago of all places. Last copy they had. Psyched because for whatever reason I've never gone all the way through any of them. Determined to fix that, though not necessarily before Other M hits seeing as that's in just 11 days.

There was only 1 copy near me, and it was Gamestop selling it for $55, used.

Then I checked Kmart for kicks, and they had a whole row of new ones for the normal price. :)

Man, I've been looking for one of these in the Austin area for months now. I think the well might have dried up in central Texas. :(

And Other M is just not doing it for me.

I really wish Nintendo would re print this for all of those who didn't get a chance to purchase it the first time around.

After playing with Metroid Other M for an hour, I put it aside and decided to continue working on this set of games. I still have Metroid Prime 2 and 3 to complete, and if they are anything like Metroid Prime 1, I'll find them a bit easier to control than Other M.

Hopefully finishing the Prime games will inspire me to give Other M another shot. Some people are getting quite a bit of enjoyment out of it...

Back to the topic on hand. I'm not sure if the Trilogy sold poorly. I can't think of any reason for why Nintendo wouldn't want to continue making money, so there must be something to this business decision that isn't obvious at first approach.

Sakamoto hates Metroid Prime because it's better than Fusion and Zero Mission, he probably begged Nintendo to cease production on it because it would cannibalize Other M.

I don't like the fact that people are trying to buy Trilogy A YEAR after it released. It's like they only now realized 'hey, 3 great games for one price is awesome'. Especially when it was known it'd be a limited release.

Personally, I never got into the Prime games. I've been waiting for a new 2d Metroid for years. Other M hasn't satisfied that need as of yet. I am more interested in it than the Prime games, though.

I've been waiting for a 2D Metroid game on DS too. Other M isn't one, and was never advertised as one. But I still like it quite a bit.

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't like the fact that people are trying to buy Trilogy A YEAR after it released. It's like they only now realized 'hey, 3 great games for one price is awesome'. Especially when it was known it'd be a limited release.[/QUOTE]

I only bought my Wii a few months ago, so I was a little late to the party ;)

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']I only bought my Wii a few months ago, so I was a little late to the party ;)[/QUOTE]

I was mainly focusing my displeasure towards people who already had a Wii.

I didn't buy Trilogy because of limited funds and the usual backlog, which seems endless. Of course now I wish I had, but oh well. I keep hoping the multiple copies at the kmart across the street from where I work (which is the happy ending?) will go on clearance, but maybe they never will. At least I know there's a source for them at retail and not more.

I bought it day one because it was an amazing deal, I'm a Metroid fan, and knowing Nintendo it wasn't dropping in price anytime soon. I sold MP1, 2, and 3 later.

[quote name='KingBroly']What? They said from the beginning it'd be a very limited release, mainly due to the packaging.[/QUOTE]
Well, a Collector's Edition tends not to be the only edition, you know? :cry:

I was thankful to get the last two copies of my at my local TRU for $40 each just a week ago.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I bought it day one because it was an amazing deal, I'm a Metroid fan, and knowing Nintendo it wasn't dropping in price anytime soon. I sold MP1, 2, and 3 later.[/QUOTE]

>_> The glorious sequence breaks you could be having right now in MP1 or MP2 (with the recently discovered 'skip losing all your stuff' trick)

[quote name='Dominick331']Several Kmart in my area still have them in stock (southern NJ) but still priced at $49.99.[/QUOTE]

really? Damn. I'm on the hunt to find it at a decent price.

Last month when Other M came out, Kmart was offering $20 off the Trilogy when getting Other M. I got both for $85 after taxes.

bread's done
Back