MGS Essential Collection...for free. Whaaaaaaaat?!

TahoeMax

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
So the girl I'm dating and I got on the waitlist for brunch at a snazzy French restaurant in Berkeley and wandered down the street since it was supposed to be a 30-minute wait. She spots an EBGames. "Ohhhhh, can we go into the game store?" she asks. What a great girl, right? So we go in and she's looking through some strategy guides looking at the artwork (she does graphic design), and I see some guy at the counter trying to trade in the MGS Essential Collection. EB doesn't accept PSOne games, so they won't take the package...only MGS2/3. I go up and just mention offhand that if he's not happy with their offer I'd be happy to buy the set from him. They know that I spend shit tons of money there, so they didn't really care. They quoted him $1 for MGS2 and $3 for MGS3. He said no thanks, finished buying the games he wanted, walked over and handed me the set. "Hey, my name's Andy. Might as well give it a good home if I'm only gonna get $4 for it. Enjoy!" I tried to give him something for it but he didn't want anything. He left and that was it.

Sooooo free MGS Essentials for me. w00t! :applause:

And I believe in karma. I'll be running some sorta contest soon to re-gift it to someone. Keep an eye out.

Thats cool, funny though how gamestop doesn't make exceptions for this since they probably had a brand new copy on them behind the shelf for $30. But yeah, lets keep paying it forward and give the next guy a chance!

and EB sells the MGS2/3 Substance Ed's for $25-$30 apiece? maybe mine just has them marked wrong.

[quote name='Sinnbox']and EB sells the MGS2/3 Substance Ed's for $25-$30 apiece? maybe mine just has them marked wrong.[/quote]

Nope that's EBstop for you...

i been trying to find a cheap copy but cant find one great job u should offer some coffe or dinner

[quote name='TahoeMax']So the girl I'm dating and I got on the waitlist for brunch at a snazzy French restaurant in Berkeley and wandered down the street since it was supposed to be a 30-minute wait. She spots an EBGames. "Ohhhhh, can we go into the game store?" she asks. What a great girl, right? So we go in and she's looking through some strategy guides looking at the artwork (she does graphic design), and I see some guy at the counter trying to trade in the MGS Essential Collection. EB doesn't accept PSOne games, so they won't take the package...only MGS2/3. I go up and just mention offhand that if he's not happy with their offer I'd be happy to buy the set from him. They know that I spend shit tons of money there, so they didn't really care. They quoted him $1 for MGS2 and $3 for MGS3. He said no thanks, finished buying the games he wanted, walked over and handed me the set. "Hey, my name's Andy. Might as well give it a good home if I'm only gonna get $4 for it. Enjoy!" I tried to give him something for it but he didn't want anything. He left and that was it.

Sooooo free MGS Essentials for me. w00t! :applause:

And I believe in karma. I'll be running some sorta contest soon to re-gift it to someone. Keep an eye out.[/quote]
Good god, where to start?

For starters, you're dating a girl who does graphic designs AND wanted to go to a game store. Then you got MGS EC for free. You fucking hit the jackpot, dude.

As for GS, they were clearly trying to rip the guy off. For starters, MGS is listed on GameStop's site as a PS2 game, even though it isn't one. So it's not like the game couldn't be scanned into the computers. If it exists on the site, then it surely exists in the system.

Second, MGS2 and MGS3 are treated as the Substance and Subsistence versions when sold as used. Giving only $1 and $3 for the two was most likely the clerk trying to screw the guy over by giving him the likely trade-in values for MGS2 and Snake Eater instead.

[quote name='Tsukento']Good god, where to start?

For starters, you're dating a girl who does graphic designs AND wanted to go to a game store. Then you got MGS EC for free. You fucking hit the jackpot, dude.

As for GS, they were clearly trying to rip the guy off. For starters, MGS is listed on GameStop's site as a PS2 game, even though it isn't one. So it's not like the game couldn't be scanned into the computers. If it exists on the site, then it surely exists in the system.

Second, MGS2 and MGS3 are treated as the Substance and Subsistence versions when sold as used. Giving only $1 and $3 for the two was most likely the clerk trying to screw the guy over by giving him the likely trade-in values for MGS2 and Snake Eater instead.[/quote]

Yea, a girl that wanted to go into a game store is awesome. My lady likes video games and doesn't even like going into game stores. ("you take too long....you look at the same shelf over and over...")

But I have a nice free game story

One time I rode my bike to this ghetto-ass gas station at like midnight to get some beer, and as I was leaving I almost ran over some dvd case.

So I get off my and check it out....its Mega Man X Collection for PS2 (this was a while ago and this game had just come out literally weeks earlier).
It looked as though it had just been opened (the case was still had that awesome smooth shininess to it) and was complete.

bread's done
Back