MGS: Essentials rare already?

Yes it's rare right now due to the release of MGS4. It will most likely get a reprint if it becomes uber rare.:lol:

[quote name='suko_32']Konami doesn't really seem to do reprints unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

ZOE2? Suikoden V? Castlevania DoS?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I see this thing everywhere. I guess I should be making some dollars right now.[/quote]

Me too.

theres only 1 at the walmart near my house. I'm debating whether I should just go there and buy it. Are there any real major differences between the regular edition and the subsistence editions?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']wait, seriously?

I see this thing everywhere. I guess I should be making some dollars right now.[/quote]

You might make about $5 or $6...it's another case of someone freaking out because it sells a few bucks above retail right now.

Of course, you could get a couple for the future if Konami doesn't reprint it. Amazon is usually good about offering pre-orders when an out of stock game is due in for another shipment and they don't have anything up for MGS:EC right now.

[quote name='ninja dog']You might make about $5 or $6...it's another case of someone freaking out because it sells a few bucks above retail right now.

Of course, you could get a couple for the future if Konami doesn't reprint it. Amazon is usually good about offering pre-orders when an out of stock game is due in for another shipment and they don't have anything up for MGS:EC right now.[/QUOTE]
Make about $5 or $6 bucks. Yeah right. I saw an opened copy finish at $70

JESUS CHRIST! I saw like 3 copies at a local GS and the online locator shows stock in every GS in the area! Are some people really that stupid?

[quote name='Vinny']JESUS CHRIST! I saw like 3 copies at a local GS and the online locator shows stock in every GS in the area! Are some people really that stupid?[/quote]

I really don't want answer that one, but there are nearly 10 in stock at the wal-mart I work for in Macomb, Michigan. I imagine a few dopey dopes are chasing this collection, but only a few.

The thing to understand about Ebay is things always go over retail...

when the Redwings won, people were buying hats on there for 50 dollars plus..

When NHL.com still had them for 29.99 shipped after coupon

[quote name='FoxAlive']the hype, reminds me of when Silent the movie came out![/quote]

This is true, except the Silent Hill movie SUCKED ASS in my opinion, but the games were ALWAYS good(except for 4, which wasn't even originally supposed to be a SH game).

I mean, honestly, the ending was like a 'wtf', the lead character was a weak little soccer mom(I screamed 'dummy' when she dropped the knife while bunny hopping from building to building) and the plot was so twisted and stupid. I mean, excuse me, but the effects were about the ONLY really GOOD parts of the movie, everything else was just phoned in.

its not rare since its still in print. they want to profit off of MGS4's popularity as much as they can. it may be hard to find in some places.

Say...here's a question that's been buggin' me.

Is the MGS disc basically just a reprint? Regular two CDs and all? I ask because now I'm curious if the game even works with the old Bleemcast disc made to play MGS on a Dreamcast.

is the second disc of MGS3 the one with Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake ( i know its not included in the essentials) included in MGS3: Snake Eater, or is it only included in the subsistence packaging?

[quote name='Gumby the Green']is the second disc of MGS3 ( i know its not included in the essentials) included in MGS3: Snake Eater, or is it only included in the subsistence packaging?[/quote]
This I do know. It's not included with the collection. So the only way to get the second disc is through Subsistence.

[quote name='Tsukento']Say...here's a question that's been buggin' me.

Is the MGS disc basically just a reprint? Regular two CDs and all? I ask because now I'm curious if the game even works with the old Bleemcast disc made to play MGS on a Dreamcast.[/quote]
yeah from the boxart (for MGS1) you can see that it says PS not PS2

mgs_se_slipcase_fob.jpg

Interesting, I gues that makes sense, but you can't stick a PS2 game in a PS1 and expect it to play now can you? lol?

bread's done
Back