MGS HD Collection (360) $39.99 + $5 MGS: Rising Credit at Amazon

[quote name='lionheart4life']If you have Amazon Prime it probably does. Might be able to get a free trial if you're a student and haven't tried it before.[/QUOTE]Nope, it doesn't have RDD :(

[quote name='plutoknight']:cool:

Just as a note, the PS3 version does NOT have RDD at all. In fact, even with '2 Day Shipping', Amazon says I'll be getting my MGS HD collection a week after release.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, mine says the same, which sucks because UMvC3 and AC:R will be taking up all my time that week.

[quote name='monkey cheez']Does it come with free delivery day shipping? If so, then I'm sold.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, and YMMV, but anytime I order blu-rays with the 2-day shipping option from Prime, I get them on the Monday before release as they ship them out Friday or Saturday through 2 day USPS. I'm really hoping they do that with MGS too, but you never know. All of the other new games that I get from them offer RDD and they always come on Tuesday.

[quote name='The Punisher']why they didnt add metal gear 1? [/QUOTE]

Quite technically, MG1 is included (as is MG2 in their original forms). You're probably referring to MGS1, which is a valid question. Unfortunately Konami hasn't given anyone a real answer so we can only speculate. The likely suspect is that Konami for some reason doesn't fully own the rights to MGS: Twin Snakes (released on Gamecube and developed by the now defunct Silicon Knights) and is too cheap to pay up for it.

Honestly they least they could've done was give us a touched up version of the PS1 version (I think the japanese get a free PSN MGS1 download code or something).

Now that I think about it, maybe Kojima-san is secretly working on a remake? That would make a little sense I guess.

Is there any chance the LE's price will be adjusted as well? Currently I have the LE pre-ordered at Amazon, but paying $30 more ($40 if the PS3 version gets the 360's price) for a 250 page book is looking less and less appealing.

[quote name='htown01']I cancelled my order of 2 of these L.E. HD collections (1 for :360:, 1 for :ps3:). For some odd reason, I thought the L.E. came in a steelbook, but it doesn't. I placed an order for 1 of the regular HD collection for the :360:.

I'll buy the :ps3: version later.[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. thats strange, i was under the impression the LE did come with a steelbook.. it doesn't? Is all you really get an artbook then? If so that seems like a way overriced LE, especially considering the regular is only 50 bucks not 60

Im thinking the LE may be one of those worth skipping and picking up for cheap later.. hopefully there will be more down the line. I do want the artbook, but not for the huge price difference im seeing here.. seriously, 30 dollars for that book alone? wtf? 40 when you count this sale thing

[quote name='Kenshindono']

Im thinking the LE may be one of those worth skipping and picking up for cheap later.. hopefully there will be more down the line. I do want the artbook, but not for the huge price difference im seeing here.. seriously, 30 dollars for that book alone? wtf? 40 when you count this sale thing[/QUOTE]

you know, i thought that too, but looking back at the last few MGS LE's ( Subsistence, MGS4, and PW), those were really scarce. scarce enough that if you didnt preorder or you didnt buy right around launch, you had no chance of finding it. so as much as id rather save money, i have to have it. dammit

Dammit, now I have to pre-order the thing. Thanks a lot CAG, I swore I wouldn't pre-order anything until December, but damn if I don't have a nerd-boner for Kojima and the MGS series.

Also, is MGS Rising actually going to come out? I kind of thought it had achieved "vaporware" status.

Yup I just came here to post this deal but you beat me to it

I checked my cart and saw the price drop notification

I'll cancel my TRU pre-order and switch to Amazon, since Amazon won't charge tax. Besides, I hate TRU anyway.

$40 is a great price since it's 3 games in this collection, not the usual 2

Also Peace Walker has never been on a console before so I'm really excited about playing that one

This is really tempting but I HAVE to hold off... I know if I get it I won't even play it until next year... backlog... so... huge.

I have to cut it down before I buy more games. AH!

[quote name='thegame956']Ps3 version comes with MSG from the ps1 era. But I'm still going to 360 version .[/QUOTE]

Only in Europe and Japan

Yeah, but at least $6 I think it is you can buy the first game on PSN. Xbox Live unfortunately won't have that, but I do think they should make a better remake next instead of trying to continue the story after 4.

Good price, but I can't help but get the Limited Edition. Metal Gear is one of the few franchises that can get top dollar out of me.

They need to remake metal gear 1 and 2.
The MSX games. Lots of story there that would benefit a new generation being able to play.

Have they confirmed "transfarring" feature with PSP Peacewalker and the version on this collection for PS3?? (Please provide link/source of info)

[quote name='Jawmuncher']They need to remake metal gear 1 and 2.
The MSX games. Lots of story there that would benefit a new generation being able to play.[/QUOTE]Aren't the MSX games included in this collection?

[quote name='Lordd_G']Have they confirmed "transfarring" feature with PSP Peacewalker and the version on this collection for PS3?? (Please provide link/source of info)[/QUOTE]

Looks like it.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Hmm.. thats strange, i was under the impression the LE did come with a steelbook.. it doesn't? Is all you really get an artbook then? If so that seems like a way overriced LE, especially considering the regular is only 50 bucks not 60

Im thinking the LE may be one of those worth skipping and picking up for cheap later.. hopefully there will be more down the line. I do want the artbook, but not for the huge price difference im seeing here.. seriously, 30 dollars for that book alone? wtf? 40 when you count this sale thing[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm glad this thread came up. Here is a link to a Joystiq article where they describe this release. As you can see here, and on Amazon's product page, no steelbook :whistle2:(

I hope we will have the luck in finding these l.e.'s for cheaper in the future too. I don't want to pay that much more for a small art book.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']They need to remake metal gear 1 and 2.
The MSX games. Lots of story there that would benefit a new generation being able to play.[/QUOTE]

yeah the games are in mgs3

now for those who are turned off by it being priced at 50USD as opposed to 40: peace walker has multiplayer. i dont think any ps2 HD games have done that yet (except for medal of honor HD i guess). BUT there has been HD collections with 3 games that still sold at 40USD (splinter cell and DMC, but DMC sucked so it doesnt count lol)

now for those who dont want to pay 30 USD for the artbook (and superior game case): the artbook is 450 pages long. no, that was not a typo:

http://andriasang.com/comyr4/

fear it.

The US artbook is only 250 pages. Still not a small art book you been used to getting from Atlus or XSeed.

[quote name='fearlubu']yeah the games are in mgs3

now for those who are turned off by it being priced at 50USD as opposed to 40: peace walker has multiplayer. i dont think any ps2 HD games have done that yet (except for medal of honor HD i guess). BUT there has been HD collections with 3 games that still sold at 40USD (splinter cell and DMC, but DMC sucked so it doesnt count lol)

now for those who dont want to pay 30 USD for the artbook (and superior game case): the artbook is 450 pages long. no, that was not a typo:

fear it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's just the Japanese one, there's been stock pictures of the LE already that confirms the different cover art, and the Japanese one was already said to come with an art book.

[quote name='fearlubu']yeah the games are in mgs3

fear it.[/QUOTE]

*ahem*

dmc did not suck, good sir. the first and third ones are fantastic. 2 was pretty meh though, and 4 was good, it just had a lot of useless backtracking and character switching.

Huge MGS fan here, definitely getting the collection on PS3, but I still cannot decide if I want the limited edition or not. $30 extra for just an artbook (albeit a big one, but still) seems like a bit much...

[quote name='mr_bungle']*ahem*

dmc did not suck, good sir. the first and third ones are fantastic. 2 was pretty meh though, and 4 was good, it just had a lot of useless backtracking and character switching.[/QUOTE]

lol my bad i meant DMC2. 1 and 3 were swell

bread's done
Back