MGS: Peace Walker Collector's Edition - $49.99 at GS

I ordered a CE last night from Barnes & Noble's website, after it was taken down from the Gamestop website. I haven't been charged yet (charges when it ships), but I have received a confirmation email, and a second email saying it's "prepared to ship" tomorrow.

Here's hoping!

If it doesn't work out, I still have the Big Boss bundle reserved at my local GS... I'll make do ;p

[quote name='sonicemerald']my order from gamestop.com was cancelled... any ideas why? Maybe I should run to the store...? (I had it for $37 online...)[/QUOTE]

Did you get it during the first instance of the 25deal code? That's when I did mine and it is still intact.

It says that for all of the bonus items in my experience - the Dante's Inferno figure, SSFIV Thumb Fighters etc.

[quote name='diddy310']Did you get it during the first instance of the 25deal code? That's when I did mine and it is still intact.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I pre-ordered it back in April...

I sent them an email saying that the peace walker collector's edition is
not on the site anymore, so I can not re-order it, making it so I can't
get the bandana... and they replied with...

[quote name='Gamestop Replyl']Unfortunately we are unable to reinstate this order at this time. We
should have more of the bundles in stock after the release date. We
apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.[/QUOTE]

(um..Duh)

I ordered this a while ago, but checking my order I see it only calls it:
METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER - PSP 1 0 $37.49

PREMIUM, METAL GEAR BANDANA IN 1 0 $0.00

The price is correct since I ordered it with 25OFF ($50 - 25% = $37.50) but usually they name it something else.

I ordered it a while back so I'll be quite pissed if I don't get it...

[quote name='Miro']I wasn't planning on preordering this but with Kojima set to make a stop in NYC this coming Friday, I couldn't help but resist to pick up the CE for him to sign. It was still on the website in the morning but come noon time it was gone and I basically ran to B&M to preorder it. With Gamestop exclusivity, this one might actually be one of the few RARE CE's out there (hopefully).[/QUOTE]

it's available at target...

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...2BS47TE&CPNG=video games&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

[quote name='dallow']It's 39.99. Has to be a typo and just the standard one.

Hmm, may order it anyway, I can return to any store.[/QUOTE]

yea you might be right

[quote name='backseatdog']does anyone know if gamestop is selling the collector's edition in store?[/QUOTE]

I preodered mine in the store

[quote name='evophile']I preodered mine in the store[/QUOTE]

dammit..i was just there saturday, won't be able to make a trip there until next weekend. Most likely be OOS by then. It was probably OOS weeks ago anyway lol.

[quote name='backseatdog']does anyone know if gamestop is selling the collector's edition in store?[/QUOTE]
I think it's pre-order only.

So unless someone doesn't want it anymore, they won't be sold in store normally.

[quote name='Miro']I wasn't planning on preordering this but with Kojima set to make a stop in NYC this coming Friday, I couldn't help but resist to pick up the CE for him to sign. It was still on the website in the morning but come noon time it was gone and I basically ran to B&M to preorder it. With Gamestop exclusivity, this one might actually be one of the few RARE CE's out there (hopefully).[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking the same thing.

I got my MGS4 signed when it launched in Times Square. Yumi signed as well.

I tried calling a couple of Gamestops in my area and they ended their reservations on Friday. Asked if they might get extras, they said no.

For those that preordered the game while the bandana was still going on, how does your order look like online now?

[quote name='aces888']I tried calling a couple of Gamestops in my area and they ended their reservations on Friday. Asked if they might get extras, they said no.[/QUOTE]

One I called said No, another one asked me to call back first thing the morning of release to ask for it.

[quote name='miriamleo']One I called said No, another one asked me to call back first thing the morning of release to ask for it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is a chance to pick one up if you show up first thing in the morning. I got a copy of MGS Subsistence LE that way and they cut off reservations for that game about a month before release.

[quote name='eau']For those that preordered the game while the bandana was still going on, how does your order look like online now?[/QUOTE]

The game says ships 6/8 and the bandanna says backordered.

[quote name='prateeko']I ordered this a while ago, but checking my order I see it only calls it:
METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER - PSP 1 0 $37.49

PREMIUM, METAL GEAR BANDANA IN 1 0 $0.00

The price is correct since I ordered it with 25OFF ($50 - 25% = $37.50) but usually they name it something else.

I ordered it a while back so I'll be quite pissed if I don't get it...[/QUOTE]

My order says the same thing...

[quote name='phantomer']for the signing event, he will only sign the peace walker correct? not mgs1-4? i figure not since that'll hold the line.[/QUOTE]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-York-NY/Best-Buy-Union-Square-14th-Street/133340696017

Metal Gear Solid Fans: This Friday 6/11 - Best Buy at Union Square will host an autographing session with the LEGENDARY creator HIDEO KOJIMA from 6pm to 8pm! The new Sony PSP Game Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker goes on sale Tuesday 6/08 at MIDNIGHT. You can bring your copy of the game to Friday's signing! Time and space... are limited; one autograph per customer; not everyone may get signatures; Mr. Kojima will only be signing the new game. -Syrone

Kojima will also be at the Uniqlo store in Soho because they are selling the official Peacewalker T shirts there. He will sign peacewalker games and shirts from 12-2pm.

[quote name='FactionG']My order says the same thing...[/QUOTE]

Same here, I got the CE with the 25% off deal. I was a bit concerned that there's no mention in the order history of it being the CE, but it probably won't be a problem, but boy will I be unhappy if it DOES get screwed up. At least I'll still have my Big Boss PSP to fall back on.

Man, I really would have liked to get my game signed by Kojima... why couldn't he show up in western maryland sometime, maybe do an appearance at the local Golden Corral or rodeo?

I ordered mine a while back when the 25% started. In my order history (with the list of orders before you go into an individual order) it states that it is "premium". But it doesn't say it within the actual order.

[quote name='eastshore4']Man, I really would have liked to get my game signed by Kojima... why couldn't he show up in western maryland sometime, maybe do an appearance at the local Golden Corral or rodeo?[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

I was thinking about going to the signing, but it seems like one of those things where as soon as 2PM comes around Kojima is leaving, and I tend to be the guy immediately behind the guy who gets the "I am the last one in line" tag.

Also, the signing at the London Uniqlo store gets Yoji Shinkawa as well.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Kojima will also be at the Uniqlo store in Soho because they are selling the official Peacewalker T shirts there. He will sign peacewalker games and shirts from 12-2pm.[/QUOTE]

What day will this happen on?

Damn my pre-order invoice for the Big Boss pack doesn't mention anything about the bandana. Does anyone know if this will be included anyway? I ordered this so long ago I don't remember if it was part of the GS pre-order notes and now it's gone from their site. Ugh....

I dont believe the Big Boss pack includes the bandana preorder (unless its packed in), just the game, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='ItzTitoYo']Damn my pre-order invoice for the Big Boss pack doesn't mention anything about the bandana. Does anyone know if this will be included anyway? I ordered this so long ago I don't remember if it was part of the GS pre-order notes and now it's gone from their site. Ugh....[/QUOTE]

When I originally pre ordered mine no bandana was listed but when they were listed I emailed customer service and they told me it would be included.

Not getting the CE. NOT interested in Art book!

But do you guys think the Free bandana at Gamestop is worth $10?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-psp-3000-m...d=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games&hash=item1e5c5c257e

Damnit! Just as is standard for all the bundles and now for the Green Standard Bundle... Game in a fucking cardboard sleeve! :bomb: I had hope it would come in a plastic PSP case (all the images on every site previewing it showed it that way)....

Wonder if the Big Boss Bundle is the same... I get to choose between the two tomorrow... still cannot make up my mind though. I do have the CE pre-ordered though :)

EDIT: choose the second image on that ebay listing. It shows everything inside... :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-psp-3000-m...d=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games&hash=item1e5c5c257e

Damnit! Just as is standard for all the bundles and now for the Green Standard Bundle... Game in a fucking cardboard sleeve! :bomb: I had hope it would come in a plastic PSP case (all the images on every site previewing it showed it that way)....

Wonder if the Big Boss Bundle is the same... I get to choose between the two tomorrow... still cannot make up my mind though. I do have the CE pre-ordered though :)

EDIT: choose the second image on that ebay listing. It shows everything inside... :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]
That stinks. :cry:
The sad part is it looks like they made a space for the real game case on the plastic tray. If you look closely, the case looks like it could fit over the MMS and power supply.
Here's to hoping the Big Boss Pack comes with a real case or at the very least we can find a decent res. scan of the artwork.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Damnit! Just as is standard for all the bundles and now for the Green Standard Bundle... Game in a fucking cardboard sleeve! :bomb: I had hope it would come in a plastic PSP case (all the images on every site previewing it showed it that way)....
[/QUOTE]

That totally sucks how they keep doing that! Same thing happened when I bought my Ratchet & Clank PSP 3000 bundle. I ended up spending $3 buying the case for it from videogameinstructionbooklets.com

[quote name='ninja dog']anybody put in a Barnes and Noble order for the CE and have it ship yet?

my shipping estimate is for today.[/QUOTE]
Damn, forgot B&N still had it listed.... placed an order just now... :crosses fingers:

[quote name='dallow']Damn, forgot B&N still had it listed.... placed an order just now... :crosses fingers:[/QUOTE]

Barnes and noble doesnt sell the games, they sell them for gamestop and gamestops website no longer lists it. But hope you get lucky anyway.

[quote name='diddy310']Mine just shipped.[/QUOTE]

Same, both my Collector's Edition and bandana just shipped. :bouncy:

[quote name='diddy310']Mine just shipped.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Mine just did too along with the bandanna. It says the game package is 2.20 lbs. so I guess they are at least sending out the correct CE orders even though the website didn't specify other than my initial order confirmation email.

I didn't want to commit so I have one waiting in store. If it's one hell of an artbook I'll bite but with Amazon's 10 dollar credit this is really a $20 difference.

Hopefully some youtube vids or pictures will pop up soon.

I wonder what the TIV is going to be for the game since I'm getting the Big Boss bundle as well and don't need 2 Peace Walkers, I'm guessing 20 at the very most, either way should combine with the 50 percent to make up for most of the cost of the CE.

[quote name='gargus']Barnes and noble doesnt sell the games, they sell them for gamestop and gamestops website no longer lists it. But hope you get lucky anyway.[/QUOTE]

I think it is still part of Gamestop's responsibility to ship those items out as this makes them affiliate with B&N. It would piss a lot of people off if they don't ship it just because they purchased it through B&N. I don't think people who purchased through B&N would have 'lower priority' than the ones purchased in Gamestop. It's just a different outlet selling things for the same headquarter.

bread's done
Back