MGS: Peace Walker Collector's Edition - $49.99 at GS

[quote name='postulio']i dont think the 40pg softcover artbook is worth the extra 10$, unless youre totally OCD when it comes to metal gear.

the psp big boss bundle was indeed a sweet set. i like the matte finish of the psp, im tired of all the piano finish psp 2s and 3s. they are just skin oil magnets.

also its a bump to a 4gb card instead of the normal 2gb. the carry case, i have to say is super sweet. its light and soft with a velvet/suede type material on the inside to protect the psp.[/QUOTE]

I'll pay $10 to anyone that wants to sell me the art book :D

Thanks for the impressions on the bundle, I'm glad to hear it's awesome. Can you confirm that the game doesn't include the retail case? 4 more hours before I can go get mine...

[quote name='GohanX']I'll pay $10 to anyone that wants to sell me the art book :D

Thanks for the impressions on the bundle, I'm glad to hear it's awesome. Can you confirm that the game doesn't include the retail case? 4 more hours before I can go get mine...[/QUOTE]

There are pics online of the opened Big Boss bundle, the game just comes in a cardboard sleeve with a copy of the instruction book included. If you want the PSP case you can either print the cover out once it shows up online or buy it from videgameinstructionbooklets.com or ebay once they have them.

I called the 2 GS stores in my area and they sold out of their CE and the Big Boss bundle.

I know the standard bundle is $200. How much is the Big Boss bundle?

Gamestop is giving $26 for the game today... (including the 50% bonus)... My gamestop has an extra CE, so I may go pick that up with my Big Boss pack!

[quote name='eau']I called the 2 GS stores in my area and they sold out of their CE and the Big Boss bundle.

I know the standard bundle is $200. How much is the Big Boss bundle?[/QUOTE]

BIG BOSS bundle is $200 also.
Sweet deal. Im loving mine.
If it would have had the game case it be perfect.

I walked in today and he had 2 1 big boss and 1 limited. It through me off because bother were limited both were 199.99 but the big boss had 4gig card the other only a 2 gig memcard. Is that the only difference? I picked up the big boss. WooHOO He had no bandanas though.

The regular bundle doesn't come with the case you got in the Boss bundle. There's no reason to get the regular unless you really like the green PSP.

[quote name='GohanX']The regular bundle doesn't come with the case you got in the Boss bundle. There's no reason to get the regular unless you really like the green PSP.[/QUOTE]

Or if you cant get to gamestop because that was the only retailer selling it.

Lucky! I went to the Gamestop by my work and this very nice guy there was able to hook me up with the bandanna I didn't get earlier.

For those of us who bought the Big Boss Bundle and the CE and want to unload your cardboard sleeved game from the bundle, the Gamestop TIV is 18, so 28.80 with the 50 percent promo and Edge

Not too bad if you used 25deal on the CE.

Not a terrible art book based on the video, looks better than the one from the MGS4 LE (that I got for like 6 dollars shipped on ebay)

dude, use the edit button on the lower right to edit posts, you could have consolidated all those 3 into one.
but thanks for TIV update. Could also goozex it for 700 points

[quote name='Arakias']Or if you cant get to gamestop because that was the only retailer selling it.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's that. I forget that some places don't have Gamestops on every other corner, like churches and liquor stores.

I didn't get a bandana was it the usual swag for new releases. He said they didn't get any. Is it strickly a preorder thing or might I get one if I call around? Or is it better to just show up and ask. Is there a smooth way of asking? Alot of local stores got rid of the managers and the new crew seems a little stiff. TIA

It's supposed to be for preorder only, but Gamestop stores are terrible about giving out preorder swag. Head to some other stores and you might get lucky.

[quote name='ducksoda7']Glad I pre-ordered. They're going for $80 on eBay.[/QUOTE]

so you're making 25 profit after fees from ebay and paypal. doesnt seem worth it

[quote name='themidnighter23']so you're making 25 profit after fees from ebay and paypal. doesnt seem worth it[/QUOTE]
Who said I wanted to sell it? I'm just saying that I'm happy to have gotten mine because they're sold out.

[quote name='gepet0']I didn't get a bandana was it the usual swag for new releases. He said they didn't get any. Is it strickly a preorder thing or might I get one if I call around? Or is it better to just show up and ask. Is there a smooth way of asking? Alot of local stores got rid of the managers and the new crew seems a little stiff. TIA[/QUOTE]

I completely forgot about the bandanna, so I called and asked, and was told they weren't in yet. I was called back a few minutes ago and was told that they eventually got them in, so I'll try to pick one up later. I believe bandanna's were for pre-orders only.

Never hated GS before, but now I'm really starting to. I asked if they got any Big Boss bundles and the employee looked at me like I was an idiot and said that it was only in Japan.

[quote name='themidnighter23']so you're making 25 profit after fees from ebay and paypal. doesnt seem worth it[/QUOTE]

$25 isn't worth it AFTER ebay and paypal fees? What? I'd understand $10 or less, but a $20+ profit is worth it IMO.

I plan to keep mine though.

The funny thing is on the side of the big boss box it says manufacter date 7-29-09 B I am like what gives that is almost a year old LOL But it is a 3000.LOL

Got a spare CE and bandana at a local GS.

They were about to ship it to another store!
I lucked out.

B&N hasn't shipped, and likely won't.
Target shipped but it has to be a mistake, going to return it when it comes in.

Walked into Gamestop today right at opening without a preorder and grabbed (I think) the only Big Boss Bundle left. They have two more but those are for preorders. I also asked for the Collector's Edition and he said they don't have any left for those didn't preorder.

As a backup plan that I did anticipating the release of this game, I preordered through Barnes & Noble website few days ago after Gamestop website took off the Big Boss Bundle and Collector's Edition. And today it says it shipped. If it indeed get shipped to me, I will keep it and see if it raise in value. If not, I still have my lovely BBB from Gamestop.
Surprisingly they are still on B&N website now for purchase. So a head up to anyone who is interested.

[quote name='ducksoda7']Who said I wanted to sell it? I'm just saying that I'm happy to have gotten mine because they're sold out.[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying the whole idea of spending that much money and going through the hassle of putting it up on ebay and then mailing it just doesn't seem worth the trouble for $20. You gotta factor in all the variables of gasoline to get the game, the work you put into getting it or ebay or glyde. it's just not $20 work

So whipped, I just placed an order on BN for the PSP and Collectors Edition. Wallet is undergoing major kinds of hurt right now.

Still holding my breath that I will have these shipped out considering it says that the orders are fulfilled by Gamestop and I've called three Gamestops in my area and all of them don't have any stock of the CE game or the Big Boss PSP.

[quote name='themidnighter23']I'm just saying the whole idea of spending that much money and going through the hassle of putting it up on ebay and then mailing it just doesn't seem worth the trouble for $20. You gotta factor in all the variables of gasoline to get the game, the work you put into getting it or ebay or glyde. it's just not $20 work[/QUOTE]
I never said what you said wasn't true. When you said "so you're making 25 profit after fees from ebay and paypal. doesnt seem worth it", I thought you were addressing me because that's what it looked like.

The Big Boss Camo PSP from the link looks pretty nice.. Seems like it has a matte texture -can someone confirm this?

And I'm surprised that stores have more copies of BB rather than the CE, though, neither were particularly to find in stores.

[quote name='Vader582']Big Boss Pack Unboxing:
I reserved the BBP but made a few calls and was able to score what seems to be, the only unreserved CE in the Richmond Area. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yep that definitely seems like matte textured. Gah, I'm now torn between upgrading from my PSP2000 or wait for E3..

When I went to pick up my CE today there was a Big Boss Pack just sitting there. The guy told me it was the only one the store got in and no one had reserved it so of course I picked it up.

If someone wants the CE I suggest heading over today as they seem very scarce. I picked up mine today and it seems that is the only one they received.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']When I went to pick up my CE today there was a Big Boss Pack just sitting there. The guy told me it was the only one the store got in and no one had reserved it so of course I picked it up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='saiyajinsc']managed to snag me a copy of the CE at my gs, they had an extra one.[/QUOTE]

same here!
I also asked for the artbook CE but then she started to assemble it together. She took the MGS case from the shelf on display, took out the UMD from an envelope she got under the counter, and then she got the collectors game case with the artbook behind her. Walked out with the last big boss bundle.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']same here!
I also asked for the artbook CE but then she started to assemble it together. She took the MGS case from the shelf on display, took out the UMD from an envelope she got under the counter, and then she got the collectors game case with the artbook behind her. Walked out with the last big boss bundle.[/QUOTE]

So they dismantled the game already on the day of release? And a Collector's Edition at that too.
I bet those employees were curious so they just ripped open the games they received, and sold it back to people after they fulfilled their curiosity.

[quote name='ducksoda7']I never said what you said wasn't true. When you said "so you're making 25 profit after fees from ebay and paypal. doesnt seem worth it", I thought you were addressing me because that's what it looked like.[/QUOTE]

no no, never meant that at all. regardless, I relented and about the last and only limite edition at my gamestop.

Purchased a Big Boss PSP Bundle as a walk in today. Took me quite a while to find a GS that had one that wasn't pre-ordered but it was well worth it.

I'm contemplating trading in the Peace Walker game that came with the bundle for the CE. I don't think I can let Kojima sign the awesome matte camouflage PSP but the art book seems like a better idea.

Very late to the party...
thanks to this thread, I tracked down a Big Boss PSP (I stupidly thought it only came in emerald green...:wall:)

Well worth the phone calls and 50 minute drive.

Thank you for the "matte" finish confirmation.

Trading in a 3001 tomorrow for the $105 promo ...

I do wish the game had the case but I'll pick one up in the future ...

I went by my local store and the gal who usually helps me was there with the manager. I traded in a few psp games and picked up my big boss bundle. As I was chatting away with the gal the manager walked up to her and tossed a bandana in the bag she put my bundle in. I let out a massive, "sweet!" and they both laughed. He said he hadn't forgotten I asked for one well over a month in advance.

The beat part is that a soon as I walked out of the store and I got a confirmation email stating my MGS PW CE order had shipped and I also got a bandana through there :cool:

I finally had a chance to unbox the BBP. Man, how much these things have changed since the 1001! So much lighter! I'm really digging this matte finish as well.

Now I just need to pick a screen protector...Suggestions?
I hope everyone is enjoying their MGS stuff today! I know I am. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='themidnighter23']no no, never meant that at all. regardless, I relented and about the last and only limite edition at my gamestop.[/QUOTE]
Cool, sorry about the misunderstanding.

[quote name='Vader582']I finally had a chance to unbox the BBP. Man, how much these things have changed since the 1001! So much lighter! I'm really digging this matte finish as well.

Now I just need to pick a screen protector...Suggestions?
I hope everyone is enjoying their MSG stuff today! I know I am. :D[/QUOTE]
Zagg makes amazing screen protectors. They're well worth the price. I've got one for my PSP Go and I never have to worry about keeping the system in my pocket or just accidentally dropping it. They're not as cheap as some others but the coverage is well worth it. If you want a 50% off code I think I got one in my email. Just PM me if you want it.

Just getting back to this thread after a night at work...I can't believe all the reports of having to track down Big Boss Pack's! I went to 5 GS' today, and literally every single one had an extra sitting behind the register...or maybe they got no pre-orders for it and got shipped one anyway.

bread's done
Back