MGS3 Reviewed at IGN

i didn't really believe this game to be very good either, but then i got sucked into the hype and after i replayed mgs 1, i'm obsessed with this now

Wow, I'm shocked. I thought it was gonna suck because of the whole "camo index" but since its getting good reviews all around I might just give it a try.

I was pretty psyched for this game to come out since i enjoyed the demo in OPM quite a bit. And since it got a 9.6 that's even better

[quote name='help1']no online play? no thanks, I mean c'mon, SC:pT has it... why not this?[/quote]

maybe cuz...its not SC? MGS always was a single player kinda game anyway...

[quote name='help1']no online play? no thanks, I mean c'mon, SC:pT has it... why not this?[/quote]

I don't understand how you'd incorporate online play in to MGS as it currently stands. It wouldn't be very engaging, imo.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']20-25 hours long

parts similar to ROTJ and the third Indy, me likey more and more!!![/quote]

That probably means 10 hours x-p.

Pretty much every other fps I can think of has bots, why not Halo 2?

if you haven't been following the series along, the focus of the game is the story

[quote name='Bann'][quote name='help1']no online play? no thanks, I mean c'mon, SC:pT has it... why not this?[/quote]
Pretty much every other fps I can think of has bots, why not Halo 2?[/quote]

That's a good question. I am sure it has nothing to do with selling Xbox Live subscriptions...

And on topic....I will probably be picking up MGS3 pretty soon then. Half Life 2 will get my attention for a while, but then MGS3 will probably be next on my list. After that, I guess it will be Metroid Prime 2 time

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='help1']no online play? no thanks, I mean c'mon, SC:pT has it... why not this?[/quote]

maybe cuz...its not SC? MGS always was a single player kinda game anyway...[/quote]

I know, but it would attract many buyers if it did...

excellent. Not that I needed to know that before. I'm playing it regardless. This series rocks! Hideo is a genius.

Everyone should play, or at least read summaries, of the previous MGS's before playing this. I doubt it would make sense otherwise.

[quote name='Rodego'][quote name='Bann'][quote name='help1']no online play? no thanks, I mean c'mon, SC:pT has it... why not this?[/quote]
Pretty much every other fps I can think of has bots, why not Halo 2?[/quote]

That's a good question. I am sure it has nothing to do with selling Xbox Live subscriptions...[/quote]
That's probably the case, I was trying to make a point that just because a game doesn't have one feature that another game does, it doesn't mean that the game sucks. He seems to be pleased with Halo 2, even though that has some very obvious features missing, like online co-op.

On topic, I have yet to play any MGS game, which is really a shame. I plan on picking up Twin Snakes for my GCN and eventually getting 2 and 3 on PS2. I really like the jungle environment in 3.

yeah that last part was pretty confusing. I liked the story and everything and even like raiden. I hate that backstep in the story and wished for a continuation but who cares. MGS IS THE SHIT.

excellent. Not that I needed to know that before. I'm playing it regardless. This series rocks! Hideo is a genius.

Everyone should play, or at least read summaries, of the previous MGS's before playing this. I doubt it would make sense otherwise.

Just because you "can" put a game online, dosent mean you "should." not every game needs an online multiplayer mode.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='dpatel']excellent. Not that I needed to know that before. I'm playing it regardless. This series rocks! Hideo is a genius.

Everyone should play, or at least read summaries, of the previous MGS's before playing this. I doubt it would make sense otherwise.[/quote]

After playing through MGS2 many times it's still hard to make sense of what the hell is going on in the last hour or two. :)[/quote]

I think I have a pretty good grasp of what happens if you have specific questions

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='help1']no online play? no thanks, I mean c'mon, SC:pT has it... why not this?[/quote]

I don't understand how you'd incorporate online play in to MGS as it currently stands. It wouldn't be very engaging, imo.[/quote]

I agree. Not every game needs or is meant to have online play. Some games are made for single player.....

[quote name='Chris Dillon']yeah that last part was pretty confusing. I liked the story and everything and even like raiden. I hate that backstep in the story and wished for a continuation but who cares. MGS IS THE SHIT.[/quote]

According to Hideo Kojima, even though it is a prequel, it will still wrap up the series and answer the questions left from the ending of MGS2.

8.7 from Gamespot.

If you are unsure about this game, you may want to read or listen to Greg's review as it is drastically different from the IGN one.

theres a random game flyer magazine thing at best buy which has a $5 off coupon for Metal Gear Solid 3 or Rumble Roses. I know theres always the GGC but siec this is specific and easily obtainable, maybe its preferable.

Picked it up today with Metroid Prime 2. Going to be playing it next week while on vacation from work. I always enjoyed the series and really enjoyed the demo version from OPSM.

[quote name='PAS/CAL']0 places around me have it and i am insanely pissed off, does blockbuster sell new video games?[/quote]

only gamerush. Regular BB's sell only value (read: 19.99) games.

[quote name='zewone']I tried to rent it yesterday. Not there. I'll try again today.[/quote]

BB got theirs in today near me.

and make sure the first thing you do is download the camo. They look really cool

this game is extremely hard right now. I am still in the beginning (level demo based on) and these guards are smart

and make sure you fuck up Ocelot. it is hilarious

[quote name='dpatel'][quote name='Chris Dillon']yeah that last part was pretty confusing. I liked the story and everything and even like raiden. I hate that backstep in the story and wished for a continuation but who cares. MGS IS THE SHIT.[/quote]

According to Hideo Kojima, even though it is a prequel, it will still wrap up the series and answer the questions left from the ending of MGS2.[/quote]

Actually, They are making anther one. Why stop a cash cow. But hideos involvement is in question so you never know.

"This arc is completed" (paraphasing) which means the next MGS will probably featur something new altogether, introduce some new story elements and new charactrers. (Heh, Probably feature Raiden again as maybe less of a pretty boy I'd bet).

yea. I heard recently that a new metal gear was announced. But I have heard many times that it may be a Metal Gear game but not of the metal gear SOLID series.

I think it's better this way. They can continue to make these great games without milking it too much. I would hate to have the same characters time after time.

bread's done
Back