MGS3: Subsistence $24 shipped at Outpost

Intersting price. I'm tempted to buy it yet at the same time I'm intersted in catching a special edition version... which unfortunatly would cost about 15 bucks more... maybe I will go for this seeing as the only store I've seen it at is selling it for 30 bucks.

[quote name='Alpha2']I'm intersted in catching a special edition version... which unfortunatly would cost about 15 bucks more... .[/QUOTE]

If you can find one. My friend sold one on ebay for $93 bucks.

Sorry don't flame me for this but how is outpost? I just never bothered with ordering anything from them. Are they screwy with their orders?

I'm considering ordering this since Gamestop screwed me over with the LE.

Take this with a grain of salt ...

I called Outpost this morning to see if they had this game in stock.

According to the incredibly pleasant salesman, Outpost has sold out of its first shipment.

Any orders placed after this post (and probably several more before it) will be on the second shipment.

So, not a bad price, but a GGC at BB will all but match the price.

[quote name='989boi']Sorry don't flame me for this but how is outpost? I just never bothered with ordering anything from them. Are they screwy with their orders?

I'm considering ordering this since Gamestop screwed me over with the LE.[/QUOTE]
Outpost is usually pretty excellent, but they have very slow (about DDD quality) shipping.

can someone inform me which stores actually got the Limited Edition? i put in a $5 preorder at Gamestop so i could get the bonus disc, but they had no record of an LE in the system. is it online only? i really wanted the LE.

The limited edition has a extra disc. The disc contains all the cut scenes set up as a movie with a narrator. I have heard it is not that great.

yeah, but what stores carry it?

and i know about the LE bonus disc, i was talking about the preorder bonus disc, comes in a clear white case, with interviews and information on all the games in the series. it looks cool as hell.

That was a Gamestop/EB pre-order bonus. They had some on the website the other day but they are gone now.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Outpost is usually pretty excellent, but they have very slow (about DDD quality) shipping.[/QUOTE]

Well damn at least I hope I will get the game before the end of the upcoming week.

Its $23.99 not $24. You are misleading people with your topic title. I DEMAND you change it this moment, I bet there are people saying "if only it was $23.99 I would get it..."

I'm assuming Gamestop/EB/Gamecrazy (or gamerush? I forget)...at least thats what the email from Konami that someone posted said...

[quote name='pimp tyranny']come on, someone must know what stores got shipments of the LE.[/quote]

Gamecrazy, EbGames/Gamestop...

I think that is all...

[quote name='0192837465']Gamecrazy, EbGames/Gamestop...

I think that is all...[/QUOTE]

well I've heard that some best buys have recieved copies of the LE edition.

Will this game ever drop to $19.99? I'm building a backlog right now and plan to buy a slim PS2 some time in the distant future (need to finish GCN backlog). In other words, will this game be hard to find a year from now?

[quote name='evergoo']Will this game ever drop to $19.99? I'm building a backlog right now and plan to buy a slim PS2 some time in the distant future (need to finish GCN backlog). In other words, will this game be hard to find a year from now?[/QUOTE]

It could be everywhere with only the LE being difficult/nigh impossible to ifnd, or they could pull a Substance and just stop selling it making it hard to find(ie expensive) with the LE being even harer to find (Ie way too expensive). since there's an online portion to the game, I think it will be availiable for a while, but it depends on if you want to risk it.

Damn! I had an opportunity to pre-order the LE mere days before its realease and I passed because it didn't interest me. An extra $10 could have bought me a game 4 times as valuable. Good thing I still got Saga, which it going for $25-$30 on its own. For some people, it seems, money really does grow on trees.

*places a PS3 pre-order*

i was really lucky and picked up an LE version at a local GameStop. The people were very nice and while they couldn't pre-order it for me, said they'd hold one for me on release day if they got an extra. Well, I was happy to hear they held one :) I just watched the 3 1/2 hour movie disc and was very impressed. A little cliche at times, but ultimately, a beautiful game from Kojima. Will def. play through it -- even though I've seen the cut scenes (couldn't help myself). My only quip is that the extra movie disc isn't playable on a DVD player, which I feel it should be. Anyways, the reviews are right, Kojima and crew deliver the gold standard for double-dips; the LE version's extra disc is a nice add-on on top of the DVD Saga disc.

Then again, I'm a Kojima fan so this might not be as enticing to someone who isn't, and it is DEFINITELY not worth the ridiculous dollars ppl are paying on eBay.

The LE version will be rare, though. For whatever reason, it was distributed to boutique game shops only (GS, EB, and GC). I'm pretty sure BB and CC didn't get this game. And to top it off, each store apparently got 3-5 LEs tops, and it is not being printed again.

Pretty insane. Didn't realize it was that rare -- glad I snagged one :)

bread's done
Back