MGS3 Subsistence PS2

ZildjianKX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Finally broke down and bought a PS2 after all these years... wanted to check out this game but was wondering if any place sells it for less than $29.99.

[quote name='Riyonuk']Does subsistence have any thing that goes with it, like a reserve item you get?[/quote]

Disc one contains the Snake Eater game. Disc two contains online play, MG 1 and 2 (that was originally for the NES but never hit the states) and more mini games.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Finally broke down and bought a PS2 after all these years... wanted to check out this game but was wondering if any place sells it for less than $29.99.[/QUOTE]If your Best Buy has copies, you can use the GGC to knock it down to $24.99.

No no, I mean when this game was just coming out, was there anything you got when you reserved it such as an artbook? Thats why I hate buying used games, now I gotta hunt down its lost treasure...there needs to be a list of special items you get, as today I just found out Xenosaga I came with an artbook :(

[quote name='Riyonuk']No no, I mean when this game was just coming out, was there anything you got when you reserved it such as an artbook? Thats why I hate buying used games, now I gotta hunt down its lost treasure...there needs to be a list of special items you get, as today I just found out Xenosaga I came with an artbook :([/quote]
Just the Limited Edition. It goes for a ton on ebay. It comes in a red/black box, and a disc with all the in-game videos.

EDIT: Oh..And the Metal Gear Saga DVD. It's short, but a very cool extra. I don't know of any art book though.

This game is well worth 29.99. If you use a GGC at best buy and get it for $25, that's the best deal I've seen retail. You can play with the new camera angle, or the Snake eater camera. Metal Gear 1 + 2 on the second disc are the Japanese versions and have improved graphics and text, and kick the NES MG's ass. You must get this game (one of the best current-gen games period).

[quote name='Riyonuk']:( I want LE and Saga, and what about Snake Eater, did that come with anything?[/quote]

Some stores sell snake eater with an extra dvd. I don't know what's on it though.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Finally broke down and bought a PS2 after all these years... wanted to check out this game but was wondering if any place sells it for less than $29.99.[/quote]

Broke down and bought a PS2? At $130, is it really that much of a "break down." :D

I would also like to know where to find this game for cheap. It had so much hype around it I wonder if it's cooled to where you can find it for around $20.

Check out EB or Gamestop stores. I've seen them used for $24.99 - 10% Edge card if you have one. or wait for their next B2G1F deal.

[quote name='RudyPants']Broke down and bought a PS2? At $130, is it really that much of a "break down." :D[/quote]

Well, I got the system shipped with no tax from Overstock.com for $132.33 with a 8 MB memory card.

I had to spend another $39 shipped to get a fliptop lid and swap magic 3 so I could play the Japanese version of Final Fantasy X International. Then another $19.99 for the Component cables from Amazon.com.

But I guess $191.22 is worth it for the system, even though it is 6 years old.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']I never said it wasn't a slim... it is.[/quote] whoooa, must got yer post mixed up with another. thought yers said that the system was 6 yrs old...my bad

Why get a slim? The old kinds have system-link play and a hard drive port.

:( I want LE and Saga, and what about Snake Eater, did that come with anything?

The Snake Eater LE Strategy Guide came with an art book.

[quote name='espy605']Why get a slim? The old kinds have system-link play and a hard drive port.[/quote]

Smaller, quieter, built in IR and ethernet port, takes less of a power, and easier to install a fliptop lid to play import games.

bread's done
Back