MGS4 80GB PS3 Bundle for $450 (non-members)/ $405 (members)+tax&ship @ FYE.com

Amos333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Fye.com currently has a 10% coupon for memorial day that works on games and game systems.

This knocks the 80gb bundle down to $450 + tax and shipping. But if you have a membership card for FYE or sister store Sam Goody you save an additional 10% of the discounted price making the bundle $405 + tax and shipping.

The surprising thing about the membership cards though is that you don't have to be a current member. If you have an old membership that you haven't renewed you will still get the 10% discount. I had an old sam goody membership card that I haven't renewed it at least 2 years and fye.com still accepted it and applied the extra 10% discount.

Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB PS3 Bundle Pre-Order: http://www.fye.com/PS3-80gb-System-...VproductId43163518VVcatId538023VVviewprod.htm

Coupon Code: memday2008

Standard (3-7 day) shipping is only $5.

After placing my order with tax and two day shipping my total came up to $442.

Great deal. The Backstage Pass Membership is a must! My total was $484 without being a member. The membership sign up is in-store only. Can someone tell me how much it costs? If the price is right, I'm going to my store first thing in the morning.

Edit: Membership is $25 for a year. So we'll send $25 to save $50 (thus really saving $25).

im waiting for amazon... i don't really trust these other companies (circuit city, best buy, etc) honoring "pre-orders".

amazon has yet to fail me!

It's been a few years since I signed up for my old membership, but when I bought it at Sam Goody I'm pretty sure it was somewhere around $8-10. That's been at least 3 yrs though and the prices could have went up since then. If it's still at that same price though it would definitely be worth it to go sign up for one before pre-ordering.

nice. I'm going down to fry's tomorrow, get my membership and order online. i was debating between Circuit City and Frys. well, with this additional discount, Fry's it is.

[quote name='Amos333']It's been a few years since I signed up for my old membership, but when I bought it at Sam Goody I'm pretty sure it was somewhere around $8-10. That's been at least 3 yrs though and the prices could have went up since then. If it's still at that same price though it would definitely be worth it to go sign up for one before pre-ordering.[/QUOTE]

Membership is $25 for a year. So we'll send $25 to save $50 (thus saving $25 on top of the %10). Great deal.

Also, does it charge your card at ship or now?

I ordered and my cc hasn't been charged or pending either. So I'm going to assume it'll be charged when shipped or maybe sometime tomorrow during the day. I don't know.

[quote name='Arus']nice. I'm going down to fry's tomorrow, get my membership and order online. i was debating between Circuit City and Frys. well, with this additional discount, Fry's it is.[/quote]

This deal is for FYE not Fry's.

[quote name='Amos333']This deal is for FYE not Fry's.[/quote]

my bad. meant fye (Sam Goody). need to have firefox stop doing the spell corrections

Oh man...that's pretty nuts. I may have to consider the membership, then. But tax really hurts this deal.

[quote name='boatboy1']It's too bad the shipping and Tax pretty much eliminate the savings.. I'll stick with amazon[/quote]

Shipping was pretty cheap, $6 for standard ground and like $22 for two day. And I was able to select standard for shipping to Alaska, which is almost never available. If you have a fye card, it's a good deal, without it's just average.

Any chance FYE reverses this? I'd hate to drive 33 miles and spend $25 to sign up and then have them reverse it and not allow stacking of the two deals.

Eh, still waiting for a great reason to go PS3 finally. If only this was an LE 80gb gunmetal PS3 like the 40gb. Oh well, the wait for a reason to get a PS3 continues. :razz:

[quote name='oldboy']im waiting for amazon... i don't really trust these other companies (circuit city, best buy, etc) honoring "pre-orders".

amazon has yet to fail me![/quote]

I pre-ordered my 60GB PS3 in store at an FYE in Maryland, they came through for me and I had my 60GB at day one. To me FYE is very reliable on this stuff. I remember the one I was at couldn't fill all pre-orders, but they said they were calling people on the list as new ones came in, so they didn't just shaft anyone.

[quote name='sephiroth_4']Speakin' of thread jackin', anyone know about when a ps3 redesign is due?[/quote]

It took around 4/5 years for the original PSOne and the PS2, so I don't expect it to come out any sooner than that for the PS3. Based on this: 2 1/2 years from now untill a PS3 redesign (approx.).

crap between this and the FREE $100 walmart giftcard, I do not know where to but this, but one thing is for sure.........I will be getting a PS3 for sure

[quote name='controlcommerce']Great deal. The Backstage Pass Membership is a must! My total was $484 without being a member. The membership sign up is in-store only. Can someone tell me how much it costs? If the price is right, I'm going to my store first thing in the morning.

Edit: Membership is $25 for a year. So we'll send $25 to save $50 (thus really saving $25).[/QUOTE]
It's $25 for a membership.

The membership card gives you 20% off on your birthday. Can you just give them any date or does FYE verify it with your driver's license?

Also, does it automatically renew your membership each year if you don't cancel?

[quote name='Bazz']That card says 10% not valid on systems.[/quote]
Actually, it already lists the member price as $449.99 on the product page.

[quote name='Bazz']That card says 10% not valid on systems.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Bazz is right. According to the FYE website the membership discount doesnt apply to systems: "Please note the following: Backstage Pass discounts are not valid on Gift Cards, Downloads, Game Systems, Shipping and Tax". I've asked in store employees previously and have been told the same.

OP, the website applied the member 10% discount to your order? Who wants to share their number :D

Done. $449.99 with 1 Day Shipping. (I went and got a card at the FYE 5 mins away). So if we count the 25.00 card, that's $474.99; and that's if I can't convince my friends to go splitsies on my card for the code. Tax in NC is 7%, so without this deal.... 499.99+35.00=$534.99. Total savings of $60.00. Not bad... not bad at all. :) Thanks OP!

Yeah someone can try you'll definitely rack up points if you give the card out. Though they may see something suspicious and cancel the orders when they see tons of the same code ordering one thing.

[quote name='jginiso']Yeah Bazz is right. According to the FYE website the membership discount doesnt apply to systems: "Please note the following: Backstage Pass discounts are not valid on Gift Cards, Downloads, Game Systems, Shipping and Tax". I've asked in store employees previously and have been told the same.

OP, the website applied the member 10% discount to your order? Who wants to share their number :D[/QUOTE]

I'm at checkout and it does stack. The member price is shown ($449) plus the additional $50 discount for MEMDAY2008. Had to pay tax in CA. $443.xx out the door. Sweeeet! Also picked up MK Wii and it only added a $1 to the $5 shipping for the PS3 which is cheap for a bulky system.

Regardless I'll make out pretty well. Have about $800 in FYE credit from flipping HD DVDs and the ADV DVDs from previous deals. So I'll only be paying about 45 cents on the dollar.

My sob story was that the FYE I had the MGS4 PS3 reserved closed down. The other two in the area don't sell games anymore due to agreements to not sell games with the GS's in the malls (stupid). So this is a huge bonus that I don't have to drive anywhere and the double discounts stack. Couldn't be any happier about how it turned out.

[quote name='Bazz']Yeah someone can try you'll definitely rack up points if you give the card out. Though they may see something suspicious and cancel the orders when they see tons of the same code ordering one thing.[/QUOTE]

It's not a points type card. It's just a discount card really.

It used to be useful because it allowed you to get an additional 10% stackable trade in value. However, that's no longer the case (at least for my stores) so it's not much use unless you can recover the $25 instantly. Plus you get 20% off on your Bday as someone noted previously which may or may not work out timing-wise with what you're looking for.

[quote name='bob330i']It's not a points type card. It's just a discount card really.

It used to be useful because it allowed you to get an additional 10% stackable trade in value. However, that's no longer the case (at least for my stores) so it's not much use unless you can recover the $25 instantly. Plus you get 20% off on your Bday as someone noted previously which may or may not work out timing-wise with what you're looking for.[/quote]

Does the birthday promo work on the ps3 bundle? Mine's today, and I want to cash it in :D

-edit: Just saw it doesn't work online :(

Walked to FYE and bought the membership card.

$449.99
- $45 membership
- $20.25 Mr. Rebates cash back
+ $26.44 membership card
+ $4.98 shipping
+ $20.25 tax

Very nice deal.

Thanks OP, very cool deal.

Canceled my pre-order with Circuit City. Got 1 day shipping for $502! (Tax kills it, but it's still cheaper!)

[quote name='nyprimus4']I think it's another 10% off if it's your birthday too. So if your birthday is coming up wait for that day, lol.[/quote]

Not 'till January for me. I can't wait that long! :bouncy:

Actually, like someone said before and I just noticed, you get 20% off for your birthday. I don't know what FYE's policy is with how far away you need to preorder something. So if your birthday is coming up keep that in mind.

They just pulled a WalMart-Brawl cancel.

Thank you for your recent order at FYE.

This email is to confirm the cancellation for the item listed below. If your credit card was charged, a refund has been processed. Please allow up to two billing cycles for your refund credit to appear on your credit card statement.
Email 2
Thank you for shopping at FYE!

We received your request to make a change to your order. Please allow 3-5 business days for us to confirm this change with our suppliers. We are making every effort to accommodate your request and will notify you by email with the updated status of your order.

I just got a cancel notification too. Strange that they're canceling. It isn't like this was a pricing error or anything like that.

[quote name='Kauza']I just got a cancel notification too. Strange that they're canceling. It isn't like this was a pricing error or anything like that.[/quote]
I'm thinking "Save 10% sitewide" was not supposed to mean the whole site (as sitewide would imply).

bread's done
Back