MGS4 80GB PS3 Bundle for $450 (non-members)/ $405 (members)+tax&ship @ FYE.com

Amos333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Fye.com currently has a 10% coupon for memorial day that works on games and game systems.

This knocks the 80gb bundle down to $450 + tax and shipping. But if you have a membership card for FYE or sister store Sam Goody you save an additional 10% of the discounted price making the bundle $405 + tax and shipping.

The surprising thing about the membership cards though is that you don't have to be a current member. If you have an old membership that you haven't renewed you will still get the 10% discount. I had an old sam goody membership card that I haven't renewed it at least 2 years and fye.com still accepted it and applied the extra 10% discount.

Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB PS3 Bundle Pre-Order: http://www.fye.com/PS3-80gb-System-...VproductId43163518VVcatId538023VVviewprod.htm

Coupon Code: memday2008

Standard (3-7 day) shipping is only $5.

After placing my order with tax and two day shipping my total came up to $442.

I got a cancel notification in my email as well. When I called they told me the listing was a mistake and they have not secured anything from their suppliers. I think everyone is about to get canceled from what they told me. Luckily for myself, I didn't go and buy the backstage pass as I had planned.

Goddamn waste of my time. At least Wal-Mart ended up giving us a $10 GC.

Good thing we can return the membership card on the same day.

What if I join now but decide later that I no longer want to be a f.y.e. Backstage Pass Member? Can I get a refund on the portion of the f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership that has not expired?
If you purchased your f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership at a f.y.e. for your entertainment store, you may cancel the f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership at that store, but you will only receive a full refund if cancellation is requested within the same day of the purchase date. A receipt is required. After the one day, f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership fees are non-refundable. Partial refunds of the f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership fee are not available.

[quote name='daren']I got a cancel notification in my email as well. When I called they told me the listing was a mistake and they have not secured anything from their suppliers. I think everyone is about to get canceled from what they told me. Luckily for myself, I didn't go and buy the backstage pass as I had planned.[/quote]
Sounds like BS. Sounds like they realized the loss they would take on that and made up a lie to cover it up.

I just got home to see the two cancellation emails. I'm not to surprised though. They still have the bundle on their site you just can't pre-order it now and it still shows the member price of $450. I sort of expect this to go right back up once the memorial day coupon is over.

[quote name='Amos333']I just got home to see the two cancellation emails. I'm not to surprised though. They still have the bundle on their site you just can't pre-order it now and it still shows the member price of $450. I sort of expect this to go right back up once the memorial day coupon is over.[/QUOTE]

The memorial day coupon + membership card can still work with the normal 40gb PS3 system for people who are interested:

http://www.fye.com/PS3-40gb-System-Systems_stcVVproductId37599025VVcatId538023VVviewprod.htm

Someone might want to make a another thread for this.

[quote name='RotJ']Goddamn waste of my time. At least Wal-Mart ended up giving us a $10 GC.

Good thing we can return the membership card on the same day.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from getting a refund for my membership card. No question asked, good people.

I was afraid of that. Luckily my ass was too lazy to get up and go all the way to freaking Concord to get the card anyway. I guess sometimes laziness IS a virtue...

That's a bummer. Funny, the description now is set at "discontinued". Guess that was the quickest way to disable the listing yet keep it "alive" for a later date.

Hopefully they'll put the preorder up post Memorial day so I can still order one. If lucky, maybe they'll still have the $50 discounted member price but I doubt it.

I guess those who purposely went out to buy membership card for this deal is very pissed right now...

I was going to order but then got too busy and totally forgot about it.

Retards canceled on me too...... had to drive back to FYE and get a refund. What a load of bull****. I'm bitching until I get some reimbursement.

wow they suck so bad....

i went and bought the card before the deal was cancelled, so was pissed when i read about the emails. Oh well, today is my bday so I at least wanted to take advantage of the %20 off... turns out that doesnt work online (in store only), after the store clerk who sold me the card assured me it would. He also assured me that the card worked online at wherehouse.com. It doesn't. Crappy company, glad i raped it back in the day with Room Zoom & Malice trade-in's.

bread's done
Back