MGS4: CE or Standard? (No Spoilers)

DarkNessBear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I'm curious to see what the CAG community is dropping their money on.

Personally I will be getting the CE. Just because I feel like being a Hardcore MGS fan I have to. It's definitely steep in price, but I feel in the long run it will be worth it.

I separated the European CE from the US CE because I hear they are different price and come with different stuff.

And if anyone knows, does the game come in its own box in the CE Box?

At first I wanted the CE, however now that I know the art book is crap, and even the gamestop soundtrack is just a highlights disc, I'm just buying the standard edition.

I'll buy the soundtrack seperate, I'm sure there'll be an OST available soon after launch. I'll also just pickup the art book whenever it comes out.

I'll be picking up the collector's edition, mainly because of my unhealthy level of adoration for the series. It seems like the extras are not really "must have items" at this point, but I'll at least get a kick out of watching the making of documentaries and similar crap.

Plus I'll take the CE's amazing artwork over the blown up shot of Snake's Lady Tickler any day.

get the CE, I was able to get it early and took some pictures to help you decide for yourself

Blu-Ray DVD, MGS4 Game, and MGS4 LE Cover (it opens like that with the top coming off)

MGS4 Shirt from Hot Topic ($19), Artbook and LE Guide in the back, with the Limited Edition contents in the front (from left to right: Blu-Ray DVD, MGS4 Game, and LE Cover)

Limited Edition Front

Limited Edition Side

Limited Edition Back

Blu Ray DVD w/Soundtrack. Soundtrack is only 16 tracks not the full 47 like the import one. Sucks, but oh well still a nice soundtrack with all the good tracks picked out. The DVD is advertised on the back to have over 2 hours of footage. Soundtrack is on the right (blu disc cover) while DVD is on the left with snake on it

That warning spoilers paper with the (!) you see in some of the pictures is to just warn you to play the game first before watching the DVD because it contains spoilers for MGS4.

The Limited Edition case for the game isn't metal or plastic but like a hard cover book material (similar to the Limited Edition guide). The actual game is NOT factory sealed and says NOT FOR RESALE only on the back where the UPC code should be.

Bottom line this game is a masterpiece, and Konami, and Hideo Kojima deserve your money so spend the extra $25 and get the Limited Edition. The art book you get is only 30 pages, and is kind of weak, but still nice. The Limited Edition guide is very nice, and is a hardcover.

Standard edition. I love Kojima's work but an extra 25 dollars for a highlight soundtrack and a blueray of extra stuff does not interest me. I will import the soundtrack and as for the extras, I loved Mass Effect but still have yet to watch the special bonuses from the limited edition.

I don't really feel like picking up the LE for $85 on top of my bundle. And I probably wouldn't pay more than $10 more for the extras anyway.

So I'm going with standard edition in the PS3 bundle.

I pre-ordered the ce. I am proud to say this the first time I've got anything other then a se game. This time I just could'nt help myself. Damn you Metal GEAR.

[quote name='goataroo']
Plus I'll take the CE's amazing artwork over the blown up shot of Snake's Lady Tickler any day.[/quote]

HAHAHAHA, that's fucking hilarious!

Well, I'll pick up the normal edition as well.

after seeing the pics posted here. i dont want the c.e anymore. i paid off my ce at gamestop already, but im gonna ebay it and cop the r.e at circuit city since it comes with a free strategy guide.

Looking at the pics, now I'm somewhat tempted... but I can live without the LE. Plus I don't have 85 at this time. oh well..

I have $10 down on the CE, but I'm thinking about asking my bestbuy if they will ad match circuit city's offer. If they will, I'll just get the regular edition.

Kinda unrelated but holy crap, Metal Gear Online is included?! I avoided previews of MGS4 to be 100% spoiler free but I guess I also avoided finding this out. I heard MG Online was going to be a standalone product but not that you'd get it much earlier in MGS4 and download the rest off the PSN later.

I just got the regular edition. I got Metal Gear Saga Volume 1 back with a Subsistence preorder and Volume 2 with the MGS4 preorder. Figured the collector's edition didn't have anything much to offer. Certainly not for $25 extra. If it had the Digital Graphic Novel, I'd have bit. I want that but now it's out of print and everybody on eBay charges too much for what it is.

LE here for me.

Umm, isn't there suppose to be Four chapters of the graphic novel too or is that on the bonus Blu-Ray Disc?

Pre-ordered the LE. But this thread confirms that the extras won't mean much to me. I'll pick it up and regret it until I see it going for $200 on eBay in a few years because it was actually limited.

I preordered 2 CE. As soon as I beat the game I am going to sell it as you know there will be a director's cut coming

Well my have my regular copy paid off.... however there are 2 un-preordered LE's at my local GS. If they still are there when I get to GS tomorrow, I am gonna try and snatch one.

[quote name='62t']I preordered 2 CE. As soon as I beat the game I am going to sell it as you know there will be a director's cut coming[/QUOTE]

I dunno... I get the feeling that MGS4's "VR Missions" is going to be MGS Online.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']CE all the way! I pre-ordered 2 (1 at GameStop in-store & 1 at Barnes&Noble online) and 1 80GB MGS4 Bundle from Amazon![/quote]

I thought the CE was a GS EXC only? Ha, these things are gonna be every where. Just like the Halo3 helmet. I'll get the CE when it hits 40 on clearance.

I'm effin confused. Is the LE and CE the same? also, I pre-ordered the 85 dollar one at gamestop and did not get an artbook. Will I get one when the CE comes out? BN sells the CE too? I thought it was a gamestop exclusive? if you think about it, if you actually got the artbook and metal gear saga 2 as well as all the CE goodies, like blu-ray, ost, and such it is kinda worth it.

[quote name='sparklecopy']I'm effin confused. Is the LE and CE the same? also, I pre-ordered the 85 dollar one at gamestop and did not get an artbook. Will I get one when the CE comes out? BN sells the CE too? I thought it was a gamestop exclusive? if you think about it, if you actually got the artbook and metal gear saga 2 as well as all the CE goodies, like blu-ray, ost, and such it is kinda worth it.[/quote]

CE = LE, Vice versa. You get alot, but if there are tons and tons of copies, its better to get all that for a cheaper price later on. I was shocked seeing other stores get this so called LE too. Some People were thinking this was going to be Subsistence rare, hardly. Overall, Subsistence had very few PO in general, thus why the LE was so limited.

Barnes and Nobles owned GS so it is still gamestop exclusive. It looks like some store wont get enough and it is going to be rare.

The artbook is a preorder bouns, not part of the LE/CE

The guy who's running my local GS's MGS4 midnight laught (who is a big MGS fan) said that only the European CE comes with the comic, as well as the figure. And he's not too happy about it.

I can't believe it's already coming out tomorrow. It's kinda unreal.

I'm glad too because I was getting sick of Ninja Gaiden 2.

I went with the bundle as it seemed like a good time to finally grab a ps3. It just arrived from Amazon - can't wait to play.

bread's done
Back