MGS4 LE $69.99 B&M only

[quote name='bryan78']Why wouldn't it count? Money saved is money saved. Besides, it wasn't like I had some GCs saved up or anything, I was just able to pick up some Target 360 clearance games for dirt cheap using those cpns and flip them in while they had their promo going on. I also used the 10% off any new game cpn. It turned out to be a pretty good deal for me, the LE cost less than the reg. version! :D

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4476917&postcount=1389[/quote]

Good math and strategy i give you that... but the trad-in credits don't count for a number of reasons. My favorite CAG argument against that would be "i won $50 last night from poker and wow, i got the game for $10." I forgot who said it...

Well, if you count such savings, then my first PS3 is about $900, b/c i got a $400 ticket at the time picking it up...

[quote name='cerot']mmm stupid gamestop.com stock system. Called 3 Gamestop with supposed stock and is OOS in all...[/QUOTE]Bleh, same here. Stupid Gamestop store stock thingy getting my hopes up.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Hoping to try this tonight. I might just return them at one and buy them at another to save me the hassle.[/quote]

That'd be the easiest way to do it and honestly they shouldn't give you any hassle for it. I'm going to give it a shot provided the stock listed is correct at my local stores. Then again, stupid thing said 3 of my local stores had Civ Rev in-stock today and only one had a copy, which they had sold about 20 minutes before I came in. :roll:

I brought my sealed game w/ receipt into gamestop today. Dude said he woundnt do it.

I said call DM then. DM said do it this one time as an exception. Employee looked as if he was going to cry.

This was after I just preordered 3 games paid in full with this dick

I gave the employee some more shit before leaving, explaining the concept, but he still was shaking his head.

WTF, these people have no common sense, you have a right to do a return rebuy w/ a sealed game within 30 days.

90% of GS employees are complete tools.

I'm pretty lucky that the guy in the Gamestop I ended up getting the refund from was so cool. I didn't even have to explain a thing to him. At least there's a glint of hope coming from Gamestop.

Still hate them as much as they hate us gamers, though.

Man I hate the GS's around here. I went to buy the game today, they only had 1 copy left (the store copy) so they sold me a used item at a new price. I'm calling the DM tomorrow - this is not right! If I pay for something at a new price then I should get it in new condition. If I buy an open item than it should have been sold to me at a used price.

[quote name='Dijital']Man I hate the GS's around here. I went to buy the game today, they only had 1 copy left (the store copy) so they sold me a used item at a new price. I'm calling the DM tomorrow - this is not right! If I pay for something at a new price then I should get it in new condition. If I buy an open item than it should have been sold to me at a used price.[/QUOTE]

Not to be mean or anything, but when did you find out it was a "used" item? BTW, that's a store policy I believe that they have to sell the opened store copy as "new" even though most of the time, it is clearly in used condition.

Gamestop tried to pull this crap on me a few years back. I went to pick up a copy of GUNVALKYRIE, and they got me a "sealed" copy. I didn't look at it too closely since it was sealed until I walked about 20 steps away from the store. Turns out, they had done their own shrinkwrapping on it. So I demanded a different copy with a different seal.

In all honesty, if you haven't opened it yet...you should just return it. No point in complaining about it. As they say, you vote with your wallet.

[quote name='Dijital']Man I hate the GS's around here. I went to buy the game today, they only had 1 copy left (the store copy) so they sold me a used item at a new price. I'm calling the DM tomorrow - this is not right! If I pay for something at a new price then I should get it in new condition. If I buy an open item than it should have been sold to me at a used price.[/quote]

There was absolutely no reason to open up the LE to put up on display, they should have kept it sealed behind the counter. However, GS "guts" new games to put on display all the time, by their viewpoint if it hasn't been played they can sell it as new.

Anyway, I glad people are able to get in on this deal.

[quote name='krazyazn01']Not to be mean or anything, but when did you find out it was a "used" item? BTW, that's a store policy I believe that they have to sell the opened store copy as "new" even though most of the time, it is clearly in used condition.

Gamestop tried to pull this crap on me a few years back. I went to pick up a copy of GUNVALKYRIE, and they got me a "sealed" copy. I didn't look at it too closely since it was sealed until I walked about 20 steps away from the store. Turns out, they had done their own shrinkwrapping on it. So I demanded a different copy with a different seal.

In all honesty, if you haven't opened it yet...you should just return it. No point in complaining about it. As they say, you vote with your wallet.[/QUOTE]

I have not even touched it , nor do I have any desire to until I talk to the DM. I'm pretty sure the store will not give me a refund though that's what the 1800 number customer service folks told me :(

there were 2 copies of the LE at lancaster mall in salem. $69.99 each. so i figured "sweet! one for me and my friend's birthday on saturday!" turns out the employee accidentally gave away one of the blu-rays. he checked inventory for other stores and nearest one was 45 minutes away. i can't do that. so he sold me the one copy but forgot to give me the art book! i came back and got it. but now i have to make a tough decision on what to do with the one copy i bought.

i asked what kind of discount i can get on the remaining LE without the blu-ray disc and he said maybe 10% off current price. he apologized by giving me an extra art book, though. apparently this guy likes to give stuff away but it was a nice gesture. i think they will just have to sell the game as regular edition, now. how disappointing...

IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE SEALED WHEN YOU BUY IT NEW?? THE 2 COPIES THEY HAD WERE OPENED AND BOTH THE GAME AND BONUS DISC MINE CAME WITH LOOK AS IF THEY ARE RE-SEALED WITH PLASTIC SLEEVES.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal. I picked it up for 16 in cash after trading in some games rom blockbuster earlier this week. I havent opened it yet and have my receipt. I am going tommarow to see if they can hook me up

[quote name='tribalnoise']there were 2 copies of the LE at lancaster mall in salem. $69.99 each. so i figured "sweet! one for me and my friend's birthday on saturday!" turns out the employee accidentally gave away one of the blu-rays. he checked inventory for other stores and nearest one was 45 minutes away. i can't do that. so he sold me the one copy but forgot to give me the art book! i came back and got it. but now i have to make a tough decision on what to do with the one copy i bought.

i asked what kind of discount i can get on the remaining LE without the blu-ray disc and he said maybe 10% off current price. he apologized by giving me an extra art book, though. apparently this guy likes to give stuff away but it was a nice gesture. i think they will just have to sell the game as regular edition, now. how disappointing...

IS THIS SUPPOSED TO BE SEALED WHEN YOU BUY IT NEW?? THE 2 COPIES THEY HAD WERE OPENED AND BOTH THE GAME AND BONUS DISC MINE CAME WITH LOOK AS IF THEY ARE RE-SEALED WITH PLASTIC SLEEVES.[/quote]

MGS4 & the bonus blueray come unsealed inside the LE box. You can see several "unboxing" videos of it on Youtube.

[quote name='CaoPi']looks like the deal in online but currently not available[/quote]

This title was unavailable online within a week after initial release. I doubt it will be restocked.

This deal is B&M only.

Called my local store and they said they didn't have it in stock (stupid online inventory said they had). Don't think they would let me return and rebuy since this store is run by strict monkeys who go by the book. Other stores are like 50 minutes away so after all the hassles the gas would still have costed as much as the saving. Sigh!

I still have my preordered copy that is still sealed.

fuck. I was just at a store that had it, I asked if it had dropped in price, and the cocksuckers wouldn't scan it.

Oh, well. I should probably just save all the credit I'm racking up for a Wii-2 or PS4 or something ;)

The thing is the LE loses its appeal unless you get it day one. I mean the extra bluray making of disk is ok. Its insightful but nothing great. The soundtrack is great don't get me wrong.. but its not the whole thing( the true soundtrack is 2 disk the one with the LE is 1 disk). I love it, even so much I bought a japanese itunes giftcard to have it since the US store doesnt have it nor can you get it without importing it. But... im a huge metal gear dork and it seems that the people who would have truely wanted it would have got it on release. Just adding my two cents to people on the border. Hope it helps.

:( Well, if someone could get one new that would be great. I have paypal and excellent buyer feedback on ebay. Send me a PM please with shipped price, cheaper shipping option is ok for me..

oh yea, and if artbook is included that's better

You guys might want to check if a GS near you has extra art books. My closest one had a stack in a bin with some Wii stuff. I asked how much and they let me just take one since they know me.

when i checked online all gs around me had them in stock but when i come to their store 2/3 told me they didn't have them -_- i bet like shaofu wanted to save for themselves or their friends. But I'm lucky enough to find a store with nice people and they let me bought one =D. Still have 55$ credit there to save for flipping stuff in near future.

Anyone know if you can get the money returned to a CC if you don't have it on you? I totally can't find mine and will be right next to a GS tomorrow anyways...

Yes, I was just telling my son, "We are going to gamestop tomorrow." I have 4 receipts that will give me $60.00 in price adjustments. They will do it.

good luck!

[quote name='ricoraney']Yes, I was just telling my son, "We are going to gamestop tomorrow." I have 4 receipts that will give me $60.00 in price adjustments. They will do it.[/quote]

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']There was absolutely no reason to open up the LE to put up on display, they should have kept it sealed behind the counter. However, GS "guts" new games to put on display all the time, by their viewpoint if it hasn't been played they can sell it as new.

Anyway, I glad people are able to get in on this deal.[/quote]
There was absolutely no reason to open MULTIPLE LE copies to put up on display. If they have to open and display it, then just open one. I don't understand the reason why they have to open all. Thus, it was the reason I refused to buy DMC4 LE and other LE box in the first place because all the LE copies have been opened.

My GS still have 2 MGS4 LE copies because apparently, two people didn't come to pick up their pre-order. Well, now both of them are gutted and put on display. The original $85 is way overpriced for US MGS4 LE because it lacks all the awesome extras when compare to the Japanese & European LE package.

Anyway, I received my $15 + tax difference so it's good.

Confirmed, did return and buyback on 2 of my LE copies...got $30 bucks back!!!! good luck trying to find new sealed copies, most B&M stores i've been to are OOS or only have gutted copies.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']
The original $85 is way overpriced for US MGS4 LE because it lacks all the awesome extras when compare to the Japanese & European LE package.
[/QUOTE]

Weren't both the Japanese and European LEs also much more expensive? $85.99 isn't that bad compared to $100+.

The Japanese LE was basically the same minus the tin and shitty cover art. The Europeans the normal one unless you ordered from play.com.

I would return my copy (still have receipt) and get another one cheaper but... I had it sealed just until last weekend in Anime Expo and got my copy signed by David Hayter.

Just called GS and the manager wouldn't do any form of price adjustment. They said if I return it, they won't resell it to me.

Driving to another GS to try is too cost prohibited for me here. The next GS is 45 minutes away.

Good luck to those of you trying to get your $15 back.

wow. you can't do that... say things like "no, i can't sell it to you..." WTF?

Between now, i did manage to get a 2nd sealed copy for $69.99 after "price adjustment" for my pre-order copy. I'm saving the receipts just in case it goes lower, lol.

[quote name='equest943']The Japanese LE was basically the same minus the tin and shitty cover art. The Europeans the normal one unless you ordered from play.com.[/quote]

Err, there's no tin and the cover is kinda ugly, but i do like the LE box, it's quite nice actually.

[quote name='eau']Just called GS and the manager wouldn't do any form of price adjustment. They said if I return it, they won't resell it to me.

Driving to another GS to try is too cost prohibited for me here. The next GS is 45 minutes away.

Good luck to those of you trying to get your $15 back.[/quote]

sounds like BS to me, I bought a game with cash and had so much sotre credit so I returned it for cash and rebought it with my credit at GS.

From my past experience with the customer service, they are not very helpful and most of time don't really care about customers. So I'm not sure how helpful they would be or go their way to convince the local store manager since they don't have a price adjustment policy in black-n-white.

How do you find out the phone number for the district manager? Not sure if this would help neither.

[quote name='Serpentor']Err, there's no tin and the cover is kinda ugly, but i do like the LE box, it's quite nice actually.[/QUOTE]

There's a metal case inside, but the case for all the items itself is not metal. I think the art for the box that actually holds the game is horrendous.

[quote name='Serpentor']wow. you can't do that... say things like "no, i can't sell it to you..." WTF?[/quote]
That's what she said, "I won't resell it to you...because I know what you are doing", referring to a form of price adjustment.

If they value you as a paid customer and want your business they will do it. they did it for me here in eagle rock, district manager was in the store and he was a pretty cool guy.

[quote name='equest943']There's a metal case inside, but the case for all the items itself is not metal. I think the art for the box that actually holds the game is horrendous.[/quote]

For real? I didn't open my two LE copies... The one i opened from the gunmetal PS3 bundle doesn't have any metal cases, any i missing something here? The LE outer box is the same though...

Anybody got linky to all the goodies in the GS's MGS LE? It seems that the Gunmetal PS3 bundle's LE is not exactly the same as the GS's MGS LE...

[quote name='Serpentor']For real? I didn't open my two LE copies... The one i opened from the gunmetal PS3 bundle doesn't have any metal cases, any i missing something here? The LE outer box is the same though...[/QUOTE]

They're talking about the Japanese LE. That one had a tin case for the extra disc. http://www.ncsx.com/2008/060908/mgs4_japan_photos.htm

They didn't get the ugly ass blue case we got.

bread's done
Back