Michael Clarke Duncan Passes Away at 54

Wow, what a shocker. RIP.

picnikcollagemz.jpg

This tugs at my heartstrings more than any other celebrity death in recent memory. I liked MCD in almost everything he was in, but with in the Green Mile, he really, really knocked it out of the park.

"Please boss... don't put me in the dark. I's afraid of the dark."

RIP.

This would be more affecting if I hadn't seen—what feels like—hundreds of posts saying "RIP MCD." I go off my lists on Twitter, and it's nothing but a stream of

MCD RIP
RIP MCD
OMG RIP MCD
MCD IS DEAD OMG
OMG OMG MCD RIP
DEAD MCD IS DEAD OMG

But yes, dude was good in his roles, and has been said to have been a nice person. Surely, one of the good guys in Hollywood has left this world.

I though he played an excellent kingpin in daredevil. Another great actor/voice has left us...too young. It's like if you are over 6 feet tall...you may be successful in life but you sure won't live long. :(

Very sad. Allegedly he had been in the hospital since he had his heart attack in July. It must have been quite severe to keep him hospitalized for so long. Seeing him on several talk shows he always seemed to be a very engaging person and had no problem poking fun at himself. A genuine loss.

His performance in TGM was great! I cried when I saw thr movie :cry:

I echoe everyone's feelings about him. :)

I will miss both his talent and his love of life.

I was reading up on him while I had some down time and he had a very interesting life. He really wanted to play football but took to acting because his mom feared too much he'd get hurt (though I don't see how...). Then he literally went from digging ditches to hollywood....

Such a shame. He seemed like such a good guy. Even went vegan a few years ago and spoke of how much healthier he felt. Last I read they still weren't sure what it was that was wrong and eventually killed him.

On another note, I knew his last show on Fox, The Finder, didn't do very well but I was disappointed not to see it even mentioned in any of the major publications that I read about his passing. I guess it just shows how under appreciated it was.

[youtube]Z3JWFklREK8[/youtube]

Skip to 0:36.

Hope that Jet Plane took you to a sweet, sweet place Mr. Duncan. R.I.P.

He was definitely great on the Finder, offering a counterweight to the head in the clouds main character. Though he was enabling the guy to do those crazy things all the time.

bread's done
Back