Michael Jackson Memorial 8/29/58 - 6/25/09

[quote name='ITDEFX']They are moving the body to another location!
:shock:[/QUOTE]

Undoubtedly a cryo chamber. They'll park him next to Ted Williams.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I bet the Moonwalker game for Sega Genesis is gonna sky rocket in value now for collectors. Possible?[/QUOTE]

No shit it's skyrocketed. I was trying to resist selling mine, but I put it up with a $150 BIN and sold it within 3 minutes. I bet I could have gotten $175-$200. I hate taking advantage of someone's passing, but how many games am I ever going to have that'll net me $150. Not many. Besides, I bet within six months I'll be able to get a cart only copy for $20 or less.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yes, not to mention the Arcade Unit. Damn that 4 player co-op was awesome.[/QUOTE]
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker had a maximum of 3 player co-op.

[quote name='Kevlar281']Michael Jackson's Moonwalker had a maximum of 3 player co-op.[/QUOTE]

oops, sorry i ment 3 player co-op...but man that was a great game to play.

some woman on fox news tried to say michael jackson being the first black guy on mtv helped heal racial tension "black man on white network", wtf that was the 80's, a decade or two late, white kids loved black ppl by then

i would have figured the first black guy on mtv was the dude in that blondie video. fab five freddie i think but even then as far as full fledged artists go i know there were some before mj.

[quote name='Whambamm']No shit it's skyrocketed. I was trying to resist selling mine, but I put it up with a $150 BIN and sold it within 3 minutes. I bet I could have gotten $175-$200. I hate taking advantage of someone's passing, but how many games am I ever going to have that'll net me $150. Not many. Besides, I bet within six months I'll be able to get a cart only copy for $20 or less.[/QUOTE]

was it CIB?

Ugh. I feel sick.

This was the worst news to come home to.

I'm listening to Thriller and Off the Wall on loop.

So long, and thanks for the killer tunes, man.

[quote name='Koggit']some woman on fox news tried to say michael jackson being the first black guy on mtv helped heal racial tension "black man on white network", wtf that was the 80's, a decade or two late, white kids loved black ppl by then[/QUOTE]
Actually its kind of true. MTV had a lot of reservations about playing MJ's videos in the early 80s since he was black and it was "black music".

Jeez on the Moonwalker prices, hell even used thrillers on vinyl is going for upwards of a 100 bucks! I seen so many copies at thrift stores in ridiculous. It will die down though...how come people can't learn that if they really want these items just wait a week? Look at the newspapers for Obama win that were going for 500 dollars or so now they aren't even selling for 10 bucks.

[quote name='gareman']Jeez on the Moonwalker prices, hell even used thrillers on vinyl is going for upwards of a 100 bucks! I seen so many copies at thrift stores in ridiculous. It will die down though...how come people can't learn that if they really want these items just wait a week? Look at the newspapers for Obama win that were going for 500 dollars or so now they aren't even selling for 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I won't be shocked that the many used CDs and vinyls sitting at the several stores I go to will be gone by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. I'm almost tempted to put my Thriller SACD on eBay... almost. Then I realize it'll become very scarce to find now due to the format's short life so I'll keep it.

The Micheal Jackson doll my mom has is the rare one with glasses and she always said she was going to sell it when he dies....I should call her and let her know they are going between 100-300 dollars for non-glasses one.

Haha...the Thriller vinyl? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that'll die down, on account of there being millions of that particular item in existance...

Man, another huge drag is that I've heard people and collaborators saying that the material he was working on for his next album was spectacular stuff. I hope we get to hear some of it, eventually...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Haha...the Thriller vinyl? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that'll die down, on account of there being millions of that particular item in existance...

Man, another huge drag is that I've heard people and collaborators saying that the material he was working on for his next album was spectacular stuff. I hope we get to hear some of it, eventually...[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I forgot about that wasn't he working with Timberland or something?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Haha...the Thriller vinyl? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that'll die down, on account of there being millions of that particular item in existance...[/QUOTE]

Depends on which pressing. If its the original pressing that only credits Quincy Jones as producer then that one will be valuable due to it being the better pressing. The ones pressed right in particular after the Motown 25th special that added a co-producer credit to MJ are weak sounding in comparison due to the pressing plants having to rush them out to keep up with demand.

i was honestly very very sad upon hearing this. the world really lost one of its amazing, if not THE greatest performer of all time
i hope he's remembered as fondly as he deserves and that he finally gets some rest from the circus that the media turned his life into.
RIP

RIP King of Pop. He has been my favorite singer for years and years. Even though he went fucking insane the past few years, it's to be expected, the man was a genius and a large number of geniuses are insane. I don't hold it against him or his music. His music is by far the best pop music ever created and I doubt anyone will ever top him or come close to it in the genre. I am so shocked, he was only 50 and seemed fine except for the fact that for the past several years he's looked pretty crappy. I thought he would be around for another 20 years at least. My sympathies to his close family and friends, especially his 3 children who have lost a father.

I still can't believe this has happened. My first real memories of music as a kid are when I constantly listened to my Michael Jackson and Madonna tapes. Great stuff. There will never be anyone like him again.

So who here has seen the making of the Thriller video? I used to watch it over and over.

I'm joining this discussion very late, but it took me a while to compose myself.

I just cannot believe he died. It broke my heart.

I'm 25 years old and Michael Jackson's music was part of my life since I could remember. I cannot even imagine how many hours I've spent listening to his music. Billie Jean will ALWAYS be in my iPod's Top 25 Played list.

I remember taping all of his videos from MTV and playing them over and over again trying to learn all of his dance moves.

He absolutely mesmorized me.

Thriller, Bad, Dangerous.... In my opinion those are some of the greatest records of all time.

Please R.I.P, Michael.

A very talented musician. Like many others mentioned before, I grew up with his music and it will forever be remembered and treasured. Today is a sad day.

I do hope they at some point release his videos remasterd in hi-def. I loved moonwalker, smooth criminal, to be specific.

I feel like this guy got such a bad rap for some very poor lifestyle choices...he was only human, and he gave a lot to charities and helped so many people with his fame and career. After being on the receiving end of so many jokes I kind of feel saddened that this guy could have never lived a normal life with his beyond huge popularity, and constantly being in the public eye. Here's to a great musician whos music and legacy will live forever.
R.I.P

I heard of his death while working in a client's house. Like many of you, I was shocked and could not believe it, I had a hard time concentrating on my work at hand.

I just wanted to say despite the controversies and legal problems he had later in life. One thing is certain... Michael's impact on the music world was so huge; he changed my life. :cry:
It was because of him that I started listening to the radio at a very young age, and watching all his groundbreaking music videos never gets old for me... His dancing was also groundbreaking, and set the stage on fire. He just kills it on stage... I could never do that moonwalk, and most can never do it as well as he can.

I think I'm going to be listening to his double-disc HIStory album in a few moments... R.I.P. Michael, you'll be missed.

[quote name='LaraCroftsLeftBoob']In honor of his passing, little boys all over the world are wearing their pants at half mast.[/QUOTE]
Now is not the time for tasteless jokes.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Haha...the Thriller vinyl? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that'll die down, on account of there being millions of that particular item in existance...

Man, another huge drag is that I've heard people and collaborators saying that the material he was working on for his next album was spectacular stuff. I hope we get to hear some of it, eventually...[/QUOTE]
Don't laugh so fast! There is a sealed Thriller album going for $985.00 on Ebay right now! Used one is at $255.00.

I heard about from the AP pop for touch. The last couple days the only pop-ups are deaths.

But MJ as a musician was cold as hell. Very few musicians are on his level. I still got my vinyl of Bad. And yesterday I was listening to most of Thriller. Tonight, I'll listen to song sampling MJ.

RIP.

Why are people seriously sitting down and talking about this on news channels such as CNN? I was sleeping and somebody actually woke me up today to tell me he died. He was a good musician and a pop icon, but it's not that serious. It's not like Jackson went through and touched everyone personally ( and no pun intended ) and helped everyone personally as if he's the best person in the world. It's not like " where will the world be without Jackson" because he hasn't made news much since the recent court cases. Now everybody's going to be fuckin talking about Jackson and I'll have to hear his music blasting through my apartment. Christ. That being said, I don't mean to take credit away Jackson because he was great at what he did, but is there anyone who actually doesn't give a shit that he died?

This is quite depressing. The man was a consummate performer and a wonderful musician. His songs have brought so many people together and are modern masterpieces. No matter what happened in his personal life, the music remains great.

He was a troubled man with a dark side, but a brilliant musician that gave the world some great music. This is a great loss for the world.

[quote name='MisterModest']ITDEFX is not saying anything about proof. It seems he's implying that as long as you have excuses, it's okay to molest kids.[/QUOTE]

Ok, why must you remember the bad things he did when he did so so much more for this world

[quote name='catabarez']Ok, why must you remember the bad things he might've done when he did so so much more for this world[/QUOTE]
fix'd and qft

I think the good thing for his kids is Michael has a large family. I'm sure they will be loved and cared for. This I still can't beleive! Oh man unreal, but some of the great ones do leave way too soon!

Michael Jackson is one of the best and most influential performers of all time. I still remember walking into Hills (where the toys are!) in Indiana and watching Thriller on a 14-in color TV for the first time.

I remember reading somewhere or perhaps I heard it on TV that MJ had recorded hundreds of songs that were never released and are being held for his children until they turn 18. Between that and the material for his long-awaited new album, I'm sure this won't be the last we've heard from the King of Pop.

Rest in peace.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I heard of his death while working in a client's house. Like many of you, I was shocked and could not believe it, I had a hard time concentrating on my work at hand.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard about it in the middle of my CPA exam review course... made concentrating for next 3 hours of the class hard. fucking unbelievable.

[quote name='Scorch']Entertainment Tonight is running the last photograph taken of Michael. It shows him laid out with them trying to perform CPR.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/06/75724/index.html

At that point, it's likely that he had already died, though. It's sad that this photo exists.[/QUOTE]
That's so fucking tasteless. Let the poor man rest in peace.

I found out when I went to write an email. When my email page was loading I noticed something that looked like MJ died and I was like "That seems ridiculous but I'll check it out after I'm done sending this one thing". It's a shame that he is gone and with that upcoming tour he had planned he could have had a great comeback.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Yeah, I heard about it in the middle of my CPA exam review course... made concentrating for next 3 hours of the class hard. fucking unbelievable.

That's so fucking tasteless. Let the poor man rest in peace.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's low - even for ET.

I've always enjoyed his music. I just hope with all of this press, and how everyone is all "I've always loved Michael Jackson" this means that "Captain EO" will return at Disneyland one more time. I would so pay money to see it again.

bread's done
Back