Michael Vick Reinstated (Conditionally) Into The NFL

Selling tickets is more important than the life of an animal. That's why these fucktards never get kicked out of pro sports. Pro sports is bullshit from top to bottom. The industry doesn't try to get new talent in, they just try to hold onto their big names. More kids out of college might have a chance at playing pro if they'd enforce mandatory retirement for flipflopping assholes like Brett Farve, and kicked human trash like Vick out of pro sports.

[quote name='Revolution']His actions are inexcusable. He should not ever be allowed to play a game. What message will his fans take away from this? That it is okay to tie up the mouth of a puppy and have your aggressive dogs tear it to shreds to practice fight techniques? Screw him. Who gives a fuck if he served out his sentence, the law doesn't care for his victims. Hope he dies.

-anyone that owns a dog would agree.[/QUOTE]

I own two goldens retrievers and disagree. Also, I don't hope he dies. But hey, to each their own.

[quote name='Revolution']His actions are inexcusable. He should not ever be allowed to play a game. What message will his fans take away from this? That it is okay to tie up the mouth of a puppy and have your aggressive dogs tear it to shreds to practice fight techniques? Screw him. Who gives a fuck if he served out his sentence, the law doesn't care for his victims. Hope he dies.

-anyone that owns a dog would agree.[/QUOTE]

I own a dog.

His actions are inexcusable. In the sense he can't make a real excuse for why he did it? You are right.

He should not ever be allowed to play a game. I disagree. He paid his debt to society. There are people who have done worse that are in the league. Leonard Little and Dante Stallworth killed people via DUI. That is much worse that what Vick did. I don't think Vick should be allowed to own dogs ever again though.

Hope he dies. An illogical statement fueled by emotion.

The only way any good will come of the Vick situation is if he can get in the league, be visable, do PSAs for the SPCA, and contribute a yearly portion of his salary to the Human Society. That is much better than hoping he dies, or wishing he didn't play. That is a selfish thing to wish. PSAs and money he contributes to those things can help humane causes even if it doesn't completely atone for his deeds. Wishing him into oblivion removes that chance.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I own a dog.

His actions are inexcusable. In the sense he can't make a real excuse for why he did it? You are right.

He should not ever be allowed to play a game. I disagree. He paid his debt to society. There are people who have done worse that are in the league. Leonard Little and Dante Stallworth killed people via DUI. That is much worse that what Vick did. I don't think Vick should be allowed to own dogs ever again though.

Hope he dies. An illogical statement fueled by emotion.

The only way any good will come of the Vick situation is if he can get in the league, be visable, do PSAs for the SPCA, and contribute a yearly portion of his salary to the Human Society. That is much better than hoping he dies, or wishing he didn't play. That is a selfish thing to wish. PSAs and money he contributes to those things can help humane causes even if it doesn't completely atone for his deeds. Wishing him into oblivion removes that chance.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on everything except the opinion that his PSAs will be beneficial. As dmaul said, odds are that Vick regrets getting caught. If he were able to, the guy would be still be running a dog fighting ring. Having some despicable asshole like Vick fake like he gives a shit during a PSA is worse than him not doing it all. Most people are bright enough to see through that garbage. Vick can eat a dick (and I hope he spent plenty of time doing that while incarcerated).

I disagree that the PSAs can't be effective.

The realy target market for PSAs is youth, and they don't see through the BS in many cases. They'll see a pro athlete speaking out against it (and seeing what it cost him) and that could be effective.

PSAs aren't going to have an impact on adults already involved in the activity regardless of sincerity etc.

Yeah, they'll have a lot of options on offense for sure with being able to put Vick in the Wild cat etc., along with having Westbrook, Jackson, Macklin etc. on the field.

I'm looking forward to seeing him play again. McNabb's the starter in Philly, so it'll be interesting to see how he's used and how often.

Yeah, he's not going to play QB, I'd just see him playing in the Wildcat which Philly is wanting to use more this year.

Same reason the Dolphins drafted Pat White.

[quote name='IRHari']He got big cheers during his first pre-season game (I'm from Philly).[/QUOTE]

That's why they're taking out ads in the major papers of the cities the Eagles travel to.

;)

bread's done
Back