Micro Center [cheap games] - June 30 updates

Mospeada_21

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
week of June 30, price drop updates: (some listed, not all)

:360: Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition $55.99 now $34.97
:360: Halo Wars Limited Edition $25.97
:360: Dirt 2 $31.99 now $15.97
:360: Ninja Blade $12.97
:360: Fuel $5.97

btw, Microcenter does do store-to-store inventory transfers at customer's request. just ask for their wherehouse dept when calling. happy hunting!

=========================================================================
I noticed the price tracker wasn't picking these up; when comparing them to the CAG wish list amazon thingamagig.

oh, Micro Center also has a 5% off in-store coupon code whatever, REWARD55. these codes are sequential, now up to REWARD57. [duh] they also take trade-ins in-store, store credit given is usually better than gamestop, sometimes even better than gamecrazy.

[disclaimer: i don't work for them, or affiliated with them in any matter, so don't knock me. just sharing some decent game prices with my CAG community.]

[these prices, for new, are better than GameStop and Toys R Us]

:360: Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition $55.99
:360: Dirt 2 $31.99
:360: Dead Space $15.99
:360: Ghostbusters $15.99
:360: FEAR 2: Project Origin $12.79
:360: Prince of Persia $12.28
:360: Silent Hill: Homecoming $10.48
:360: Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit $10.39
:360: Too Human $9.82
:360: EndWar $9.82
:360: Monster Madness $2.72

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of their Used games seem to be factory sealed and the 360 games still have the Xbox Authenticity sticker. Could they benefit in any way from selling new copies as "Used"?

[quote name='tyrok3k']A lot of their Used games seem to be factory sealed and the 360 games still have the Xbox Authenticity sticker. Could they benefit in any way from selling new copies as "Used"?[/QUOTE]
and gamestop does the opposite.

i do not know, you tell me.

[quote name='tyrok3k']A lot of their Used games seem to be factory sealed and the 360 games still have the Xbox Authenticity sticker. Could they benefit in any way from selling new copies as "Used"?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing they take sealed trade-ins.

On a similar note, I've noticed a lot of the "used" games 7 Eleven is selling are new and factory sealed. I think it's easier for companies just starting in the used game biz to buy a bunch of liquidated new games and mark them used, just to build up inventory and spark some business. And what's funny is that all these companies that don't belong in the used game game are jumping in at the worst possible time, what with dowloadable content softening prices and sales.

Anyone think Microcenter's setup reminds them of CompUsa. I used to find awesome deals @ compusa the same way, by store location. I bet they had the same web developers.

Pretty good deal on Brutal Legend for the PS3 (3 copies at my store) $15.99. Only $2 more than the gamestop deal w/shipping plus you may be able to pick it up today at your local Microcenter.

Brutal_Legend_PS3

I saw a Batman LE for 360 for only $44..didn't pull the trigger though..there were 2 and the plastic outer box was in good shape.

Went in for that Velvet Assassin, but didn't see it. Their video game areas were looking rough..no stock. I chuckled a little when I saw a Sodoku Ball Detective DS game in the used area.

[quote name='token2k6']Went in for that Velvet Assassin, but didn't see it.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the last copy last week. The games they have on clearance just dropped $3 on Monday (they do it every 30 days). There were 2 copies of Velvet Assassin and was thinking I was going to get it under $10 on Monday.

But that wasn't to be. Someone picked up a copy before the drop on Monday and made me a little nervous :whistle2:x I didn't think that last copy was going to last. So I picked it up at $12.56 :whee: Not bad compared to others who have it over $50.

And yes, their video game area looks rough...and sad compared to other parts in the store.

argh damn you htown01! j/k good score man! I rarely stop into that MicoCenter, its cool that you figured out the schedule though..

I did see GS is selling Velvet Assassin for only $14.98 new, might be worth a look b/c of its supposed value..

[quote name='token2k6']
I did see GS is selling Velvet Assassin for only $14.98 new, might be worth a look b/c of its supposed value..[/QUOTE]

Velvet Assassin has value? Is it actually somewhat rare???

I picked it up at Blockbuster's B1G1 used sale a couple months ago for $5. Briefly played it. Seems okay for the $5, not sure I would've wanted to spend more.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Velvet Assassin has value? Is it actually somewhat rare???

I picked it up at Blockbuster's B1G1 used sale a couple months ago for $5. Briefly played it. Seems okay for the $5, not sure I would've wanted to spend more.[/QUOTE]

Might want to consider putting it up for trade at Goozex. $5 for 450 points is a nice flip.

They may buy them as closeout items or something from a liquidator so they dont consider them to be new since they dont come from the manufacturer directly.

I was in there last month and spent like 35 bucks and came out with fatal frame 3, a gameboy advance game, 3 psp games and a ds game all in the original sealed pack and all but fatal frame 3 was marked as used.

Whatever they are the prices are always good. I just wish MC was closer to me.

Somehow missed this thread, this is good stuff. Looks like I could pick up the Halo Wars LE for $20 now which might be kinda fun.

Madworld :wii: and Press Your Luck 2010 :wii: are both decently priced ($9 and $8 respectively).

[quote name='polishpride212']Don't forget that microcenter will beat the used game price of gamestop on their used games by 20%.[/QUOTE]

Including Edge?

[quote name='huntzilla']Yeah I still can't find Monster Madness for the Xbox 360. Can anyone help?[/QUOTE]

if your store doesn't have it, it won't show up. and it's probably out of stock online as well so it won't show up in the online store either.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']if your store doesn't have it, it won't show up. and it's probably out of stock online as well so it won't show up in the online store either.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way to check if other stores have it so I could do a store to store transfer?

[quote name='huntzilla']Is there a way to check if other stores have it so I could do a store to store transfer?[/QUOTE]

i think you'd have to just keep cycling through the dropdown list and see if one pops up honestly. or just call your store and ask if they could do a store to store transfer. maybe they'll check for you.

just got back from the one here, as I was pulling out of the parking lot, their mini-jumbo-tron screen said "Take an additional 25% Off Clearance items with an orange sticker." of course, FML! b/c I didn't see it on the way in..I don't know if this is a ploy like at clothing stores where the price already incorporates that 25% on the sticker, but at the register it rang up for the price online, $6.72 or something..would've been nice to get that addt'l 25%..may call their customer service and see if I can go back in w/ my receipt..

Visited the newly opened Microcenter in my town and saw a pretty beat Record of Agarest War for $39.xx. What I found to be funny was that they covered the sides of the box with paper.

[quote name='token2k6']just got back from the one here, as I was pulling out of the parking lot, their mini-jumbo-tron screen said "Take an additional 25% Off Clearance items with an orange sticker." of course, FML! b/c I didn't see it on the way in..I don't know if this is a ploy like at clothing stores where the price already incorporates that 25% on the sticker, but at the register it rang up for the price online, $6.72 or something..would've been nice to get that addt'l 25%..may call their customer service and see if I can go back in w/ my receipt..[/QUOTE]

the online price already factors in the 25%.

picked up little kings s tory for 9.

[quote name='confoosious']the online price already factors in the 25%.

picked up little kings s tory for 9.[/QUOTE]

ahhhhhhh, figures, good looking out, thanks!

[quote name='knightsdwn']Visited the newly opened Microcenter in my town and saw a pretty beat Record of Agarest War for $39.xx. What I found to be funny was that they covered the sides of the box with paper.[/QUOTE]

The box for that game is ultra flimsy. By the way does anyone know if I'd get 25% off $39? :)

I wish my MC had Agarest War. :( I read the post about maybe getting them to transfer it store-to-store but I dont feel like searching to find one that has it in stock, let alone try to transfer it. Ah well :/

Woot. There was only one, but I picked up a brand new PSP 3000 Hannah Montana bundle for $71.xx + tax (down from $95 because of the %25 discount). I don't care about the movie/game it comes with, but for $75 I got a 2gb memory card + a brand new purple PSP. A regular black PSP is going for $170 retail so yeah, I just saved $100. Pride be darned!

My closest Microcenter has Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Edition (Xbox 360) for 26.22. I have an Xbox 360... I just wanted the game for PS3.....

Micro Center is currently under-going a Clearance Event in-store. I picked up a limited edition Halo Wars and Limited GTA4 for under $30, combined. Be sure to check out what's on sale in your store. :O

Picked up Bionic Commando (360) for $6, Space Siege (PC) for $4, and Splinter Cell (XBOX) for $1.

The clearance deals are pretty sparse but if you can find something you want, it'll likely be a great deal.

Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back