Micro Center LIVE Point Cards 9.19.2009.

wild homes

CAGiversary!
Micro Center is selling Microsoft's 1600 LIVE points cards for $9.99, and the 4000 LIVE points cards for $39.99... I purchased three of the 4000 point cards today, and the cashier _did_ have to get authorisation from his supervisor (apparently they weren't ringing up correctly and had to be adjusted) but all the items DO have sku-correct price tags on them for the above prices and it was confirmed to me that it was not an error. This was at the Houston location.

If this is a repost, I apologise. I don't have time to search it up properly at the moment, on my way out the door.

EDIT: If you are looking to buy or sell these codes, we now have a thread for just that purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mayfield Hts., OH has all the cards--$12.99 for 1600 point cards, $39.99 for 4000 point cards, $9.99 for 3 months of XBox Live Gold, $12.99 for 3 mos. of XBL Gold and 400 points and a headset, and $39.99 for a 12 month card. Quantities were somewhat limited on 4000 pt. cards, the XBL Gold/400 pts./headset pack, and the 12 month cards. There had to be at least 100 of the 1600 pt. cards.

[quote name='mikek1975']Mayfield Hts., OH has all the cards--$12.99 for 1600 point cards, $39.99 for 4000 point cards, $9.99 for 3 months of XBox Live Gold, $12.99 for 3 mos. of XBL Gold and 400 points and a headset, and $39.99 for a 12 month card. Quantities were somewhat limited on 4000 pt. cards, the XBL Gold/400 pts./headset pack, and the 12 month cards. There had to be at least 100 of the 1600 pt. cards.[/QUOTE]

They got more 1600 point cards in then, because last week when I was up there to file an application they had none, and only 3 4k points cards.

[quote name='jennyfur']Considering the only Microcenter in the entire state of PA is in St. Davids, I'm going to assume you meant that one. I've been calling and stopping by there constantly and had finally just given up cuz they were always OOS. Thanks for the head's up, gonna call and be sure some are left then head over.[/QUOTE]

yeah, to me that counts as Wayne. I don't think many people would know where I was talking about if I said St. Davids, plus it's close enough to Wayne which is by far more known. hope you were able to get some, they had plenty when I was there.

[quote name='seanr1221']Save some for me, Jenny![/QUOTE]
I only grabbed 4 for myself, there were probably about 40 or so left afterward. You should be good.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']Anyone been to Tustin, CA lately?[/QUOTE]
Last time I was in Tustin, one of the workers checked with the manager for me, without me asking or anything, apparently they aren't getting any more in, they aren't going to be selling the cards any more. So either someone was lying to me, or don't expect to see them any time soon.

I have an extra 2 1600 point cards I picked up....If anyone is interested PM me I'll take paypal and email the codes....All Sold...

Confirmed at the Microcenter in Fairfax.. They had a shopping cart behind the counter...and of course the dude didn't know they were on sale. Anyone looking for the halo soundtracks that are on sale...well they are located behind other shit behind the counter. Picked up 2 cards and saw about 20 or so.
Enjoy

Picked up 1600 points for $12.99 yesterday at the Tustin, CA location and quantities were limited. Went back today and they were fully stocked (50+). Also had a cashier ring up the 4000 points and it's $39.99.

Well, I'll be damned. Was by the Duluth store at Sears getting them to pm Pinnochio BR to 7.50 and stopped by MC. They had a big bin in front of the register which held 12 month live packs, blister packs of the 12 month sub and 1600 point blister packs (old style and new style) which were clearly marked 12.99. I got three just cause deals on points are getting pretty rare. I saw several more in the bin, but with both 12 month cards and 1600 cards mixed in it was hard to tell how many of the 30 - 40 cards were which.

Here's the odd part:

ALL THREE CARDS I BOUGHT HAD GAMESTOP 19.99 NEW STICKERS ON THEM. THEY ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT THE SQUAREISH RED AND WHITE GAMESTOP PRICE STICKERS!!!!!!

[quote name='jdawgg76']Well, I'll be damned. Was by the Duluth store at Sears getting them to pm Pinnochio BR to 7.50 and stopped by MC. They had a big bin in front of the register which held 12 month live packs, blister packs of the 12 month sub and 1600 point blister packs (old style and new style) which were clearly marked 12.99. I got three just cause deals on points are getting pretty rare. I saw several more in the bin, but with both 12 month cards and 1600 cards mixed in it was hard to tell how many of the 30 - 40 cards were which.

Here's the odd part:

ALL THREE CARDS I BOUGHT HAD GAMESTOP 19.99 NEW STICKERS ON THEM. THEY ARE WITHOUT A DOUBT THE SQUAREISH RED AND WHITE GAMESTOP PRICE STICKERS!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I hate to tell you this but they came from Blockbuster -_- Gamestop has white labels.

[quote name='stonegold']Last time I was in Tustin, one of the workers checked with the manager for me, without me asking or anything, apparently they aren't getting any more in, they aren't going to be selling the cards any more. So either someone was lying to me, or don't expect to see them any time soon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='seller10']Picked up 1600 points for $12.99 yesterday at the Tustin, CA location and quantities were limited. Went back today and they were fully stocked (50+). Also had a cashier ring up the 4000 points and it's $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd now I'm confused. I'll drop by later to see who's right.

[quote name='dskye']Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd now I'm confused. I'll drop by later to see who's right.[/QUOTE]

yeah just saw both these posts lol. please report back.

The mayfield hieghts, OH one had plenty of 3 month cards, 1600 cards, and 3 month kits.(@$9.99, $12.99, and $12.99)

They also had one or two original Xbox 3 month cards for $4.99

Rockville store has ~50 1600 point cards ($12.99) as of 5pm today. They also had a bunch of 3 month Live cards for $9.99, but no 4000 point cards.

Is anybody who lives by one of these well stocked Microcenters willing to pick me up a couple, I would love to get in on it, but don't have any Microcenters around. If you are, PM me please.

[quote name='wgpfly']I hate to tell you this but they came from Blockbuster -_- Gamestop has white labels.[/QUOTE]Oh yeah, that is Blockbuster's sticker. My bad. Nonetheless, what the hell are they doing with Blockbuster 1600 points cards?

[quote name='jdawgg76'] what the hell are they doing with Blockbuster 1600 points cards?[/QUOTE]
I think Blockbuster is closing around 600 stores; probably a pre-liquidation.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']yeah just saw both these posts lol. please report back.[/QUOTE]

Just went to the Tustin, CA Microcenter. They had 30++ 1600 point cards at $12.99 and at least 20 of the 4000 point cards at $39.99. The packages were stickered with those prices.

I picked up 4 of the 1600 point cards for myself.

i picked up 8 1600 pt cards in st. louis park MN. came to 103 something. best part was there was no tax. last time i bought m$ points (from BB i think) they charged me tax

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I think Blockbuster is closing around 600 stores; probably a pre-liquidation.[/QUOTE]
Indeed you are correct. At least thats what the manager told me at my MC

[quote name='morethantoast']i picked up 8 1600 pt cards in st. louis park MN. came to 103 something. best part was there was no tax. last time i bought m$ points (from BB i think) they charged me tax[/QUOTE]

Did that store have plenty in the bin, or were they running a bit low.
I'm not interested in driving 50 miles if there's little chance of scoring.

I went to the Microcenter in Cincinnati and they had about 50 of the 1600 point cards for $13 in a bin. I didn't pick any up since I already have a bunch of points from when this thread was first posted.

Also a bunch of 3 month cards and live gold packs on sale.

[quote name='Cimpy101']I went to the Microcenter in Cincinnati and they had about 50 of the 1600 point cards for $13 in a bin. I didn't pick any up since I already have a bunch of points from when this thread was first posted.

Also a bunch of 3 month cards and live gold packs on sale.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Just went up there and picked up 7x 1600 point cards. Still a lot left.

Damn, I want some cheap MS points! If anyone plans on going, would they pick me up two 1600's that they could PM me for cost? I'm only asking, since you'll already be going. Thanks!

Cinci/Sharonville still has tons of 3mo, 1600 msp & the 3mo kits. All located in wire bins out front of the gaming dept for. I'll try to grab more if I'm back in the area some time this week.

If you go to microcenter.com and select your store from the pull down menu on top it will show you what is in stock at that location... looks like Tustin is sold out.

EDIT: Never mind this. Went in and purchased 6 1600s, they still had at least 20 left.

[quote name='hxcmusic']If you go to microcenter.com and select your store from the pull down menu on top it will show you what is in stock at that location... looks like Tustin is sold out.[/QUOTE]

I've had some wonky issues with their site. The user on the previous page went very close to closing time and reported back with a large number of 1600 cards left.

[quote name='TortillaSoup']I've had some wonky issues with their site. The user on the previous page went very close to closing time and reported back with a large number of 1600 cards left.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went there 30 minutes before closing and they had a bunch left, so I'm guessing their site isn't up to date.

Oh, I forgot to mention that they also had the 3 month live pack for $9.99. Not too spectacular (that's $40/year) but it's there if people want it.

[quote name='hxcmusic']If you go to microcenter.com and select your store from the pull down menu on top it will show you what is in stock at that location... looks like Tustin is sold out.[/QUOTE]

coo thanks

just went looked n point cards dont even come up that sucks-----if anyone knows about chicago preciate it

Just got back from the Tustin location. There is still a good amount of cards left. I would estimate that there is still 20-30+ 1600 pts cards and 20+ of the 4000 pts cards.

When I bought one at the Cambridge/Boston store the website didn't even show the product, so I would be careful using the site as a stock checker. YMMV

[quote name='youenvy']coo thanks

just went looked n point cards dont even come up that sucks-----if anyone knows about chicago preciate it[/QUOTE]

Also curious about Chicago... suppose I could take a ride over there.

[quote name='leshrac55']Also curious about Chicago... suppose I could take a ride over there.[/QUOTE]

Argh. I made a trip to the store for something else, and totally forgot to check :(

Yeah, Went to Tustin around 12:30 and purchased 6 1600s, they still had at least 20 left. Doesn't look like the employees are gouging them... and they didn't have a limit. I wanted to buy the store out, but I thought that'd be a pretty douche move.

[quote name='hxcmusic']Yeah, Went to Tustin around 12:30 and purchased 6 1600s, they still had at least 20 left. Doesn't look like the employees are gouging them... and they didn't have a limit. I wanted to buy the store out, but I thought that'd be a pretty douche move.[/QUOTE]

If you happen to go back sometime and they have extras like that I'd buy some from ya. I'd be in for at least 5 cards for myself at the moment. Got a friend who I'm sure would be interested in any extras as well.

I'd make a run some weekend and try to pick me up some myself, but there's not a Micro Center in TN. Matter of fact, I've never seen one in any other state I've been to. *shrugs*

This request extends to any legitimate CAG members who may have a Micro Center nearbye as well. I'll be sure to either throw in some extra cash for your time and/or help you out locating a deal in the future.

I will send cash/paypal to anyone as well. I will also throw in a code for Frogger for XBLA as well. PM me please!!!!!

No stores in St. Louis...

The Boston/Cambridge store has a ton of 1600 point cards for $12.99, and some of the others as well (4000 pts/39.99, 3 mos Live/$9.99). They are hanging on pegs on the "accessory wall" in the videogame room.

I've mentioned this earlier, but for those who don't have a MC nearby I would definitely try to help since my store is just a 10 min walk away. Once my paypal account gets fixed I'll be sure to post again.

I called the chicago stores. They one off 90/94 only had 4000 point cards in and the other was completely out of stock. They are expecting some back in though. I'm looking to pick up about 6 1600 but if other chicago cags are in the market as well we should let each other know what the sit rep on the Microcenters is.

I went back a few pages and didn't see anyone post about it. Has anyone visited the Houston location and if they did, do they have any left and how much are they charging for the 1600 & 4000? I'd like to get a heads up before I make the journey. It's a drive from where I live.

bread's done
Back