Micro Center promos 10/29 - 11/11 - Halo 3$29.99 w/ trade-ins

eshbums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
:360:Buy PGR4 and get PGR3 for only $9.99

:pc:Buy Guild Wars Eyes of the North and save 50% off of Nightfall standard, Factions, or Guild Wars

15% off orange sticker merchandise

:ds:Buy a DS Lite and get Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix DS for $9.99

:360:Buy Halo 3 standard edition & get the Halo Strategy Guide for $9.99

:hot::360:Trade in 3 XBox 360 games and get credit + coupon for $29.99 Halo3 standard edition

Trade in 2 XBox 360 or PS3 games and get $10 extra trade-in credit

:ps3:Extra $15 trade in credit for PS2 slim towards purchase of PS3

:ds:Extra $10 trade in credit for DS/DS Lite towards purchase of DS Lite

:360:360 Pro Bundle (Pro system, extra wireless controller, Halo3 standard, Halo 3 strat guide) for $459.96

:360:360 Elite Bundle (Elite system, extra elite wireless controller, Bioshock) for $549.96

*Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards game department merchandise only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Good at participating locations only.

We might need to start a Micro Center trade value page on the wiki if they keep putting out promos.

The first deal wasn't all that exciting, but depending on what they give, an extra $10 for 2 Wii games might have some potential.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Do all Microcenters do trade-ins? I have one here (Columbus) but wasn't aware they did that.[/QUOTE]

Heck yeah Bethel does!

The only stores that can't participate are St. David's PA, Chicago IL (Elston Ave) and Tustin CA.

[quote name='eshbums']
Buy PGR4 and get PGR3 for only $9.99[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Going to grab it and give PRG3 away as an Xmas gift.

[quote name='eshbums']Heck yeah Bethel does!

The only stores that can't participate are St. David's PA, Chicago IL (Elston Ave) and Tustin CA.[/quote]

How are the trade-in values generally? Any good?

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']How are the trade-in values generally? Any good?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the game really. Some of the legacy stuff was under a $1, but the DS games I traded in had decent value.

I already gave them my receipts to use the credit on another purchase, so I don't have the breakdown, but they're not bad.

Buy PGR4 get PGR3 for $9.99? What an awful deal. PGR3 isn't going to be worth $10 once 4 is out.

Those trade in offers are probably not very good unless they actually have really nice trade in prices. You're pretty much stuck buying new games only though cause their selection of used games is going to be really bad.

About a month ago MicroCenter had a deal where if you buy any Xbox product for $25 or more you could buy PGR3 for $5.99. I bought GWAR1 for $30 for the deal.

I probably could have found a better $25 game to get, but the point is that MC seems to have a large stock of PGR3 for some reason and this probably isn't the last special we'll see for it. :p

[quote name='eshbums']Depends on the game really. Some of the legacy stuff was under a $1, but the DS games I traded in had decent value.

I already gave them my receipts to use the credit on another purchase, so I don't have the breakdown, but they're not bad.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. On precious few games, they are good. On the vast majority of games, they give little to nothing.

Example: My Micro Center has several Nintendo 64 games. Many of them are priced $15 to $25 (Bear in mind these are NOT the "money" games either). I asked how much they give in store credit for a few of them - mostly $1 or $2. Same for Gameboy games, which are priced very high, but they give next to nothing for them.

[quote name='chosen1s']I beg to differ. On precious few games, they are good. On the vast majority of games, they give little to nothing.

Example: My Micro Center has several Nintendo 64 games. Many of them are priced $15 to $25 (Bear in mind these are NOT the "money" games either). I asked how much they give in store credit for a few of them - mostly $1 or $2. Same for Gameboy games, which are priced very high, but they give next to nothing for them.[/QUOTE]

if Eb can pull that same shit, what stops them from doing the same shit to Microcenter Customers?

[quote name='eshbums']Heck yeah Bethel does!

The only stores that can't participate are St. David's PA, Chicago IL (Elston Ave) and Tustin CA.[/QUOTE]

That sucks because i'm only 10 mins from elston. but the other chicago area one in westmont should do it right?

Also, does the trade-in credit come in the form of a gift card?

[quote name='Joon2324']That sucks because i'm only 10 mins from elston. but the other chicago area one in westmont should do it right?

Also, does the trade-in credit come in the form of a gift card?[/QUOTE]

The trade in credit comes in the form of a receipt breaking down your trade-in. To use the credit just hand the cashier the receipt.

The additional credit bonus (5/10/25) is in the form of a coupon.

From personal experience, the guys at the Bethel store are awesome and have been extremely helpful with all of the trade-ins I've done, and I've been able to help 'em out with customer stuff when I've been chilling there.

Pass on the props for 'em! I'll likely be stopping in today with some NES games to take advantage of deals.

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Do I have to wait until 10/15 to trade in more games to get a coupon that doesn't have a 10/14 expiration date?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK the 10/14 coupons are extended until 10/28 now. The barcode will still work through the end of the month at least.

Microcenter is following Gamestop's business model which I can't blame. Gamestop is making a killing with the used games business as can be seen by how their stock price has just been on a tear this year. They give you a few dollars at most for your titles and then turn around and sell them for a huge percentage markup.

I unloaded a bunch of ps1, ps2, dreamcast, and xbox games during this promotion. The resell stickers on them are really high so save for a few choice titles (xbox 360, wii) i can't imagine them moving any of these older titles. The weird thing is, the resell on some of the used games are higher than the retail on the new copy which I don't get. I saw PGR3 for $22.99 used while new game is $19.99. It's like they want people to trade in but they don't want to resell them. I bet once they build up a huge used game inventory they do some kind of 25% off pre-played games like gamerush used to do.

I sense the store by my house (Bethel) didn't do a real good job for a long time on updating their used prices. One guy one time brought a game to the front and the salesperson specifically said "let me scan that game, it's probably cheaper than the label says".

Wouldn't shock me for them to begin to do used game sales in the near future. They of course need a stockpile to start with ... and I'm sure that the $15-$20 N64 game will drop in price as soon as it sits for a few months!

[quote name='avatar13']The weird thing is, the resell on some of the used games are higher than the retail on the new copy which I don't get. I saw PGR3 for $22.99 used while new game is $19.99. It's like they want people to trade in but they don't want to resell them. I bet once they build up a huge used game inventory they do some kind of 25% off pre-played games like gamerush used to do.[/QUOTE]

If you find other examples of this - email me the info at eshbums[at]gmail.com.

The stores now have a better system in place of getting updates implemented in the pricing database, and I'd be happy to forward any examples you find on to the people that can correct the errors.

[quote name='eshbums']Trade in 3 XBox 360 games and get credit + coupon for $29.99 Halo3 standard edition

Trade in 2 XBox 360 or PS3 games and get $10 extra trade-in credit[/QUOTE]

ok.. now when you say trade 3 360 games and get credit and coupon for halo 3 standard edition, what if those three games get 10.00 store credit each, so basically with that coupon I pretty much walk out with halo 3 for free after i trade in those 10 dollar games?

the trade 2 360 games and get an extra 10$ is the same as the gamestop promo right now, but with the 9 for 25 extra you guys have at the moment, plus the better credit offer I am getting from you guys vs gamestop, I can unload current and last generation titles and make like 20 bucks more in store credit/coupon. Sounds like you guys are trying to follow gamestops promos.

Also the 360 refurbed promo, is that nation wide or region specific like the last promo? how some got 1 year, others 2, and others 3 years coverage?

[quote name='ITDEFX']ok.. now when you say trade 3 360 games and get credit and coupon for halo 3 standard edition, what if those three games get 10.00 store credit each, so basically with that coupon I pretty much walk out with halo 3 for free after i trade in those 10 dollar games?[/quote]

You get whatever the trade in value is for the three games, plus a coupon for Halo3 for $29.99. So yes, if you trade in $30 worth of games plus tax, you get Halo3 for free.

[quote name='ITDEFX']the trade 2 360 games and get an extra 10$ is the same as the gamestop promo right now, but with the 9 for 25 extra you guys have at the moment, plus the better credit offer I am getting from you guys vs gamestop, I can unload current and last generation titles and make like 20 bucks more in store credit/coupon. Sounds like you guys are trying to follow gamestops promos.[/quote]

The 9 for 25 is ending at the end of this month, it might come back in the future. They're trying to spread out the promos and show the 360/ps3 some love next month.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Also the 360 refurbed promo, is that nation wide or region specific like the last promo? how some got 1 year, others 2, and others 3 years coverage?[/QUOTE]

There shouldn't be any region specific additional warranty promos for this period.

[quote name='Xeno G']Anyone know if they'll take in Atari games for the 9 for $25 deal?[/QUOTE]

no way they are going to take Atari games...come on man. And if the guy in the gaming department did take it, he should be fired for being stupid.

[quote name='ITDEFX']no way they are going to take Atari games...come on man. And if the guy in the gaming department did take it, he should be fired for being stupid.[/QUOTE]

They took all the genesis/snes sports games without a question. Most 2600 games are worth more than those.

[quote name='Xeno G']They took all the genesis/snes sports games without a question. Most 2600 games are worth more than those.[/QUOTE]

That's different. According to the OP, they aren't suppose to take those games, but if they are in the system, then they can take it. In the eyes of retail, old atari games from more then 25 years ago isn't worth shit. Say they do take them in, and they offer 15 cents for those, your gonna bitch saying "My rare X-Rated Atari game is worth MORE then 15 cents!!!".. Try bringing in a bag of that into Gamestop and watch them laugh their asses off infront of you. Even if they took it, and resold it for 2-3 dollars... the next guy who sees them on the shelf is gonna say "HEY why are you trying to rip off customers by selling 25-30 year old games for 3 dollars?!?!?!?". Your better off bringing old PS1 titles and do the 9 for 25. You will get a lot more then what they will offer IF they offer anything for atari games at all!

Is there any easier way of getting trade in values than calling a store and listing possible games? Do we have a wiki for values or is it on their site?

No - Atari carts aren't even in the system. Or Intellivision for that matter.

And no, the trade in values aren't on the site either. Used aren't listed on microcenter.com.

[quote name='edavis0780']Anyone know of any good 360 games to trade in that are cheaper at say, GS or GR?[/QUOTE]

this is what I got from the kmart clearance for 7 or less.

Bionical Heroes 9.50 credit
PS Universe 9 credit
Kameo 5.10 credit
Perfect Dark Zero (standard) 5.90 credit
Xmen-the offical game 9.40 credit
Superman Returns 7.20 credit

Is it correct to assume that the Pro refurb 360 does not come with the standard MS policy if it red rings? I imagine you can't register it right?

[quote name='LuisRM']Is it correct to assume that the Pro refurb 360 does not come with the standard MS policy if it red rings? I imagine you can't register it right?[/QUOTE]

Scrapped from the ad anyways...so it's moot for now.

[quote name='ITDEFX'] In the eyes of retail, old atari games from more then 25 years ago isn't worth shit. Say they do take them in, and they offer 15 cents for those, your gonna bitch saying "My rare X-Rated Atari game is worth MORE then 15 cents!!!".. Try bringing in a bag of that into Gamestop and watch them laugh their asses off infront of you. Even if they took it, and resold it for 2-3 dollars... the next guy who sees them on the shelf is gonna say "HEY why are you trying to rip off customers by selling 25-30 year old games for 3 dollars?!?!?!?". [/QUOTE]

Since I've worked video game retail for about 8 years now I should know what the games look like in the "eyes of retail". The local store I'm at does take in Atari games and we generally give about 25-50 cents a game for them and then sell them for $1-$2 and they do sell pretty well (better than genesis games actually).

And I've never had a customer say I was trying to rip them off by selling old games for $3 or less. I don't know where you're getting that from. And GS won't take anything pre-PS2 so I'm sure you'd get the same reaction from them with 2600 games as you would with NES, SNES or Gen games.

[quote name='Xeno G']Since I've worked video game retail for about 8 years now I should know what the games look like in the "eyes of retail". The local store I'm at does take in Atari games and we generally give about 25-50 cents a game for them and then sell them for $1-$2 and they do sell pretty well (better than genesis games actually).

And I've never had a customer say I was trying to rip them off by selling old games for $3 or less. I don't know where you're getting that from. And GS won't take anything pre-PS2 so I'm sure you'd get the same reaction from them with 2600 games as you would with NES, SNES or Gen games.[/QUOTE]

Would you mind if I asked which store? You've peaked my curiosity!

[quote name='eshbums']Scrapped from the ad anyways...so it's moot for now.[/QUOTE]

I've registered the refurb.. MS has no problems with this. As a matter of fact I have already registered my second refurb since the first one died 28 days after I bought it. It's been ok so far, but now Halo 3 is borked (but MS is letting me send it in for exchange). I am expecting this one to die sometime in the next week or so. When it does, I will go in and exchange it for another one.

[quote name='Xeno G']Since I've worked video game retail for about 8 years now I should know what the games look like in the "eyes of retail". The local store I'm at does take in Atari games and we generally give about 25-50 cents a game for them and then sell them for $1-$2 and they do sell pretty well (better than genesis games actually).

And I've never had a customer say I was trying to rip them off by selling old games for $3 or less. I don't know where you're getting that from. And GS won't take anything pre-PS2 so I'm sure you'd get the same reaction from them with 2600 games as you would with NES, SNES or Gen games.[/QUOTE]

Then be my guest and take the atari games into a Microcenter center and post your amazing credit results here :)

I went to Microcenter in Santa Clara and they did not have the refub xbox 360. They said that they would receive them the week before Thanksgiving and that it wasn't in the system yet so I could not put a deposit for it.?? I will call tomorrow and check again.

[quote name='mike111']I went to Microcenter in Santa Clara and they did not have the refub xbox 360. They said that they would receive them the week before Thanksgiving and that it wasn't in the system yet so I could not put a deposit for it.?? I will call tomorrow and check again.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can put a deposit.

Careful with there refurbs... my first one from them had a E79 error (hard drive crashed) and a RRoD 28 days after I bought it. That exchange for another refurb is good for 1 exchange after the 30 days....so be extremely careful.

bread's done
Back