MICROCENTER B&M: $199/$249 Refurb Xbox 360 Pro w/ 1 yr/ 2yr exchange warranty! YMMV

gorgo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Just got this in my email... includes XBOX 360 Pro, Wireless Controller, Instructions, Cables and Headset.

I don't see it on their website, so it must be B&M only. Says sale is on while supplies last. That's a sick deal if the "PRO" = "PREMIUM".

My email was for the Dallas store.

(UPDATE): This appears to be very YMMV, and might just be for the DALLAS, TX store. It's not on the website. We have reports of success getting the deal. There are many differing reports on how the warranty works and whether or not it's covered by MS for the red ring of death. Shipwreck will be posting the ad shortly.

The ad for the Northern Virginia Microcenter advertises a refurbed unit for $250 with a 2 year exchange program: http://cps7.britemoon.com/ccps/ui/images/498/content_load/353/09.01.xbox.DC.online.html

wow!

That's actually a good deal.

Not only on the price, but 1 year exchange warranty.

I wonder what is the limit? So if I get the red ring of death, just take it back to the store and get a new system or another refurb? My guess is that if they don't have any more refurbs, then they will give you 200 dollars store credit towards the purchase of a "NEW" 360.

Dang... made a PDF and a JPG, but I can't add an image/attachment. If I get the ability to do that, I'll do so.

[quote name='gorgo']Dang... made a PDF and a JPG, but I can't add an image/attachment. If I get the ability to do that, I'll do so.[/quote]

Just open the file, press the PrtScn button on your keyboard, go to paint, paste in the image and crop out the good part.

Interesting, I got an email advertising $249 for an Xbox360 "Pro" and 2 yr exchange warranty for the Fairfax, VA store.

[quote name='soyverde']Interesting, I got an email advertising $249 for an Xbox360 "Pro" and 2 yr exchange warranty for the Fairfax, VA store.[/QUOTE]

really? I didn't get any emails from them about the offer, and I am about 20 mins from that store. :|

I tried calling about an hour ago and NO ONE in the video game department picked up.. It ranged like 100 times...wtf?!?!?

[quote name='gorgo']Just got this in my email... includes XBOX 360 Pro, Wireless Controller, Instructions, Cables and Headset.

I don't see it on their website, so it must be B&M only. Says sale is on while supplies last. That's a sick deal if the "PRO" = "PREMIUM".

My email was for the Dallas store.[/QUOTE]

ok......
I got a hold of Microcenter in Fairfax, VA... they said that the 1yr exchange warranty is thru MS ONLY! Microcenter will NOT give you another 360 if yours breaks down (RROD) or other stuff.

Plus the fairfax store Trade in computer is BROKEN AGAIN :( So I can't get credit by trading in my xbox :(

Wheres the scan. I definetly want to get this. Shipwreck? OP? Someone post please. Pretty please.

Is this coupon or just a deal at the dallas store?

Anyone have info about stores in California? Xbox 360 would complete my "next-gen" console set!

Edit: Tustin, CA store doesn't open till 10AM. I will call them then to find out =]!

this *might* be a regional thing, as a fellow Northern VA CAG and I are reporting it to be 249.99 refurbed at our near by microcenter. So in Texas it might be cheaper :(

I would really like some info too. My friend is looking for a cheap 360 as Halo 3 gets closer. I told him I would keep an eye out.

Should I stay and wait for the scan or just drive down there?

It's been 2.5 hours since gorgo said shipwreck would post it. :( still hasnt happened.

This is *not* what my email said... Mine said $259.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Offer good while supply lasts through 09/09/07. Valid for in-store purchases only; not valid for online or phone orders. See store for complete details.[/FONT]

No idea if this works but...
http://cps7.00b.net/498/content_load/354/09.01.xbox.CM.online.html

Image only:
http://cps7.00b.net/498/content_load/354/images/CM.jpg

Enjoy!

[quote name='gorgo']Just got this in my email... includes XBOX 360 Pro, Wireless Controller, Instructions, Cables and Headset.

My email was for the Dallas store.[/quote]

looks like this deal is Regional YMMV type thing and since not every state has a Microcenter, not all of us might be able to get this thing. I'm lucky to live about 20 mins from one.

The OP Should change his title ASAP.

Refurb consoles, IIRC, are not covered by the RROD warranty, as it applies to the original purchaser. Any warranty MC advertises with this console should be an in-store warranty.

[quote name='mrblinG22']229 and 259 is still good for a pro 360... really good[/QUOTE]

YEA but a no hassle 1 year exchange warranty thru Microcenter where you go into the store and get another one with no problems is even better!

Score! Got one. Plus 1 year Warrenty confirmed by the guy I can just walk in and exchange it if it breaks for just an extra $20.

Dallas store confirmed $199. If you're in the metroplex go get one.

Thanks a lot OP. I can finally play my own instead of going to my brothers house.

[quote name='j.elles']Score! Got one. Plus 1 year Warrenty confirmed by the guy I can just walk in and exchange it if it breaks for just an extra $20.

Thanks a lot OP. I can finally play my own instead of going to my brothers house.[/QUOTE]

1 year exchange warranty? Also did you get any paper work stating this? 20 bucks seems too good to be true.

Yeah it's some credit card style thing they gave me for the warrenty. I havent really looked at it closely.

It's based on price. Since this is $199 it's just $20 for a 1 year no hassle exchange.

He did say I have to make a phone call first to make sure it's not some stupid mistake like it's not plugged in but he said that never takes more the 5-10 minutes. He followed that up by sticking a sticker with his name and employee number on my card.

[quote name='j.elles']Score! Got one. Plus 1 year Warrenty confirmed by the guy I can just walk in and exchange it if it breaks for just an extra $20.

Thanks a lot OP. I can finally play my own instead of going to my brothers house.[/QUOTE]

Cool, glad it worked for you! I got mine from the same place for $199 new last year after the 2 $100 rebates they had (1 required getting a credit card).

OK...

I just talked to Microcenter (fairfax) AGAIN.

Now the other guy I was talking to confirmed the 2 year EXCHANGE warranty promo. He said he wasn't the guy I talked to earlier but overheard the conversation before. Now the first guy I talked to said 1 year extended warranty at cost.

The guy I just talked to said the exchange warranty is thru MICROSOFT in which YOU have to send it back to them and it has nothing to do with Microcenter. So why the fuck are they promoting a two year exchange program and not saying ANYWHERE that it's thru microsoft.

I am tempted to go down there, but it can be a hassle if they are going to give me the run around, epically if I lug my xbox in with games to get credit towards it.

well this ain't going to happen today because although I found my xbox, cables and so on, I CANNOT FIND MY FREAKING CONTROLLERS!! I need it so i can wipe out my account information before I turn it in. Anyways I will wait til someone gets official clairication on this because someone at my microcenter doesn't know what the fuck is going on and no way in hell am I going to get a SOL from both MS and Microcenter when I get my first RROD!

ok..........

I just talked to Microsoft since the OP didn't do this himself.

Microsoft told me that in regards to the current promotion going on with Microcenter, its up to the store to give me a week, a month or 3 month EXCHANGE policy, but I told her the current promotion says 2 years EXCHANGE. I tried to ask her about if I purchase the 360 thru Microcenter, will Microcenter give me another refurbished OR will I have to send it back to MS. MS said you have to send it back to them, NOT microcenter.... I am thinking she doesn't know what the fuck i'm talking about since I am using the word Micro a lot. Towards the end she decided to throw out everything I have said in the last 10 mins and ask, is there something wrong with your 360??? At that point I was just so pissed I hung up.

Something screwy is defently going on with Microcenter and this deal. I ask that any cag in their area try to verify this information with their stores. A 2 year exchange in store program is too good to be true without some sort of catch. The people who man the video game department of my microcenter don't know jack.

The 1st year of the warranty is not through Microsoft...and the promotion is in select markets only, so other MC locations won't price match them.

ok update number 4 for me :)

I called Microcenter in Fairfax, VA

Talked to a manager named Lois(?)

He didn't know about the promotion til I pointed him to the link mentioned here.

here is what he said

-In regards to the 2 year exchange, it will be this. You go to the store, you buy it under this promo, they basically give you a FREE 2 year extended warranty card.

-Any problems with it between NOW and the two years they WILL EXCHANGE the system for either another REFURB OR if they do NOT have any refurb 360 pros at the time, they will give you 249.99 credit towards the purchase of any avalible 360 system that is IN STOCK

so that means if Microsoft pulls off another SKU or bundle (45 nm unit?) in two years and my refurb DIES just in time, I can just pay the difference for the new system (whatever that may be).

This actually * might * be a plus for some people IF they can get their refurb system to hang in there for 2 years..and by that time the Elite OR whatever system comes out actually might be priced around 300 or so due to price drops in 2 years. I doubt the elite will stay that price in two years.

He did verify that another customer came in with the same promo I mentioned. (could be that other cag?)

He also stated that two different store systems are telling him two different things...but he will honor the promotion.. what's funny is that it doesn't seem like its coming from a microcenter.com site..which could give me problems instore.

so at this time, fellow CAG's talk to the manager (not the gaming department) of your local microcenter BEFORE going in with this promo OR you might be shot down.

Just re-sent the scans to ship... had the wrong email address. I can't seem to update the title of the post, but will ad the regional YMMV thing to the content.

[quote name='gorgo']Just re-sent the scans to ship... had the wrong email address. I can't seem to update the title of the post, but will ad the regional YMMV thing to the content.[/QUOTE]

you might want to post the links to the Dallas and Fairfax stores, and anyone else who got that email with their regional Microcenter.

Sorry it took me so long to post that in the OP. I was gone for most of the day and just got back, but the ad is in the first post now.

[quote name='shipwreck']Sorry it took me so long to post that in the OP. I was gone for most of the day and just got back, but the ad is in the first post now.[/QUOTE]

thanks shipwreck! You might want to add this direct link for Northern VA

http://cps7.britemoon.com/ccps/ui/images/498/content_load/353/09.01.xbox.DC.online.html

also PLEASE change the title, as certain regional Microcenters are having it and others are NOT, while the ones that do the promotion is different.. Some people have 1 year exchange for 200 bucks, while northern va has it for 250 for 2 year exchange.

[quote name='Kirra']Definitely regional. Tustin, CA has no deals on refurb 360s.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. I was tempted to make the 20 minute drive over there.

Yep. I posted as much (and the link) back on page 1. Nobody noticed though :whistle2:(

[quote name='EXStrike']At the Boston, MA store, its 259.99 refurb with a 3-year warranty. Good through 9/9.[/quote]

bread's done
Back