MicroCenter.com & B&M: $9.99 (or FREE w/ coupon in store) Endcap Sale (through 6/22)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Edit: Added the link to the $10 off coupon which would make at least one game free after coupon (says one per customer, though). Thanks to CAG vwbeetlvr

Coupon Link:

http://cps7.00b.net/498/content_loa...587380&BrCs=498&BrCg=16181933&BrRc=1466587380

In-store pickup is free or shipping starts at about $5.99 and about an extra $1 for each game after that.

endcap.jpg

The Darkness (Xbox 360)

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0257120

Tony Hawk Downhill Jam (PS2)

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0260720

Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Nintendo DS)

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0261770

Manhunt 2 (PSP)

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0262349

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']You say tomato I say tamato. Greed is greed, and thankfully we practice capitalism...whether it be used for evil or good it still one of the best systems in the world. It's not like I was breaking any rules. I didn't try to use several at one given time...I made separate purchases...THEY STILL GOT MY MONEY!

Also this coupon is legit. I received one in my hotmail account and Microcenter has posted the coupon on its site.[/quote]

Fatwallet called. They miss you. :roll:

And for the record, yes, you DID break the rules -- at least five times. As it says on the coupon, "ONE PER CUSTOMER." If you used it two, maybe three times, we could all understand. That is reasonable. Six times and going back for more is not reasonable, regardless of your enthusiasm for capitalism.

If anyone would be willing to pickup The Darkness for 360 while they are out and about, I would be willing to chip in $10 for shipping and your trouble. It kills me that there is not a Microcenter near me, I've been itching to get this game for under 10.

[quote name='Tybee']

And for the record, yes, you DID break the rules -- at least five times. As it says on the coupon, "ONE PER CUSTOMER." If you used it two, maybe three times, we could all understand. That is reasonable. Six times and going back for more is not reasonable, regardless of your enthusiasm for capitalism.[/quote]

Pwned :applause:

Didn't see any more Geometry Wars DS in Dallas. But I did find a new copy of Hotel Dusk (21.XX with coupon). They still had another copy if anyone is interested. I know it's hard to come by these days.

I haven't seen any one talk about the Houston store. Has anyone visited it? I was thinking about stopping by later today, but it's a driver and I don't want to waste my time if it has been picked over.

[quote name='sarcastro84']Didn't see any more Geometry Wars DS in Dallas. But I did find a new copy of Hotel Dusk (21.XX with coupon). They still had another copy if anyone is interested. I know it's hard to come by these days.[/quote]

For some reason in Dallas the Geometry Wars were on the used games end cap on the other end of the room, almost missed them myself having looked through the whole DS section with no luck.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']this coupon dead at tustin store.[/QUOTE]

On what basis? Is there some kind of sign saying it was a mistake or did they just stop accepting coupons?

[quote name='bojay1997']On what basis? Is there some kind of sign saying it was a mistake or did they just stop accepting coupons?[/QUOTE]

There is a sign posted on every shelf in the game section and on every register that reads... pretty much

Due to blah blah blah, we will not be accepting any $10 coupons with codes........
code being this one on CAG.

sigh i went to Fairfax Microcenter yesterday and they didn't have Geometry Wars Galaxies in stock for DS. Apparently one of my fellow VA CAGs got it =P So instead I grabbed Manhunt2 for PSP. Hope it's not as bad as the reviews make it out to be. The fairfax MC had lots of The Darkness and lots of Manhunt 2. I just didn't want another single player FPS for 360. I still have Prey in the backlog and don't see me playing it anytime soon.

[quote name='oasisboy']Pwned :applause:[/quote]

Far from it...

Seriously guys it sounds like you think I ripped MC off, but again they still got my money, and to be honest if I would speak to a manager and say if I can't use the coupons than I'm going to EBgames to buy the exact same titles, I would think he would want my business.

Besides, I know some are just pissed because I actually got this to work, you can't please everyone.

And yes, I understand the coupons limitations, but again I utilized it to my advantage and only used it once per checkout, not trying to checkout with 3 at one time...

whatever, I really could care less, some of you really need to grab that crab pinching at your nuts.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Far from it...

Seriously guys it sounds like you think I ripped MC off, but again they still got my money, and to be honest if I would speak to a manager and say if I can't use the coupons than I'm going to EBgames to buy the exact same titles, I would think he would want my business.

Besides, I know some are just pissed because I actually got this to work, you can't please everyone.

And yes, I understand the coupons limitations, but again I utilized it to my advantage and only used it once per checkout, not trying to checkout with 3 at one time...

whatever, I really could care less, some of you really need to grab that crab pinching at your nuts.[/QUOTE]

I agree you got pwned.

Look dude, you broke the rules. Whether it matters or not or how you justify spending the money, that's fine. But at least admit to breaking the rules.

I've used this coupon twice. Did I break the rules? yeah. But at least I'm not dumb enough to think I didn't.

By the way, the expression is "couldn't care less."

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']There is a sign posted on every shelf in the game section and on every register that reads... pretty much

Due to blah blah blah, we will not be accepting any $10 coupons with codes........
code being this one on CAG.[/quote]

Yeah, I wasted a trip there.

What a missed opportunity for the store. I went in and saw that sign plastered everywhere. I didn't have the time, energy, or desire to "See a store associate for details", especially since I didn't think anything good would come of it, so I left empty handed.

The smart way to handle this would have been to ask anyone who came in with one of the banned coupons to sign up for their mailing list and get a legitimate coupon. They get what they want -- customers in the store and one use only -- and customers get what they want -- the coupon they thought they were going to be able to use. Instead, some overly aggressive manager makes it look like Microcenter thinks anyone who uses the Internet is shady and MUST BE STOPPED.

For the record, I used the last coupon -- once -- to buy a game that was $30. I printed only one of this latest coupon. They want customers like me. Except they just lost one.

See ya, Microcenter. I won't be back. Ever.

[quote name='blandstalker']Yeah, I wasted a trip there.

What a missed opportunity for the store. I went in and saw that sign plastered everywhere. I didn't have the time, energy, or desire to "See a store associate for details", especially since I didn't think anything good would come of it, so I left empty handed.

The smart way to handle this would have been to ask anyone who came in with one of the banned coupons to sign up for their mailing list and get a legitimate coupon. They get what they want -- customers in the store and one use only -- and customers get what they want -- the coupon they thought they were going to be able to use. Instead, some overly aggressive manager makes it look like Microcenter thinks anyone who uses the Internet is shady and MUST BE STOPPED.

For the record, I used the last coupon -- once -- to buy a game that was $30. I printed only one of this latest coupon. They want customers like me. Except they just lost one.

See ya, Microcenter. I won't be back. Ever.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the mailing list, never get anything but a sales ad once in a while. I also signed up again a few days ago with another email account...nothing why not.

Went in and got three games, but only had two coupons. I brought a friend to use the other one. Boom Blox and Jake Hunter wound up getting discounted, while Shiren stayed full price.

First time poster, lurker for about 6 weeks.

Thanks to the OP for posting this. I went to the MicroCenter in Mayfield Hts., OH this afternoon with coupon in hand, to see if there was anything new while on the way to a relative's house. I didn't see anything worthwhile, so I used the $10 coupon on a used copy of Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader? for the DS. I wouldn't pay the $13 price tag for it but at $3, I'll take a chance. If worse meets worst, I'm out the cost of a Big Mac. Heck, I could probably resell it or use it as trade-in fodder and it'll net me at least that $3.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']There is a sign posted on every shelf in the game section and on every register that reads... pretty much

code being this one on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Lame, why must we live near by greedy hoarders. My brother was gonna pick up the new Space Invaders DS.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Far from it...

whatever, I really could care less, some of you really need to grab that crab pinching at your nuts.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry...the chances of running another $10 off coupon the same week as a $10 game promotion are slim to none.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I'm on the mailing list, never get anything but a sales ad once in a while. I also signed up again a few days ago with another email account...nothing why not.[/quote]

Make sure you check off the box for "Micro Center GamingUpdate" when you sign up? Gotta do that or you won't get the weekly gaming newsletter.

Or your email client thinks it's spam and is blocking it. Add to your addy.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Make sure you check off the box for "Micro Center GamingUpdate" when you sign up? Gotta do that or you won't get the weekly gaming newsletter.

Or your email client thinks it's spam and is blocking it. Add to your addy.[/QUOTE]

no sh*t, I get some emails from microcenter, ads, ecrt., but haven't gotten a coupon yet. I've gotten game related emails. I checked all of the boxes to make sure I got all the emails.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']no sh*t, I get some emails from microcenter, ads, ecrt., but haven't gotten a coupon yet. I've gotten game related emails. I checked all of the boxes to make sure I got all the emails.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Got on their e-mail list during the last coupon offering, get the weekly gaming updates (and others), but didn't get the coupon this time. Weird.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']sigh i went to Fairfax Microcenter yesterday and they didn't have Geometry Wars Galaxies in stock for DS. Apparently one of my fellow VA CAGs got it =P So instead I grabbed Manhunt2 for PSP. Hope it's not as bad as the reviews make it out to be. The fairfax MC had lots of The Darkness and lots of Manhunt 2. I just didn't want another single player FPS for 360. I still have Prey in the backlog and don't see me playing it anytime soon.[/quote]

That was me who grabbed the last GWG on Friday night during closing. I saw a LOT of Indians with the coupons and the gaming department actually had a lot of people in it and only one employee to manage it (dan I think) and he didn't even know the promotion was going on.

I was hoping to find a good 5.1 speaker set up that would work for my 360 but he said there was no such thing.... bullshit since last year I saw a speaker setup (5.1) that was ment for the 360 in the gaming department.

[quote name='ITDEFX']That was me who grabbed the last GWG on Friday night during closing. I saw a LOT of Indians with the coupons and the gaming department actually had a lot of people in it and only one employee to manage it (dan I think) and he didn't even know the promotion was going on.

I was hoping to find a good 5.1 speaker set up that would work for my 360 but he said there was no such thing.... bullshit since last year I saw a speaker setup (5.1) that was ment for the 360 in the gaming department.[/QUOTE]
haha congratluations man =) i didnt see the coupon till saturday.

hopefully manhunt 2 isnt complete suckage.

DEAD now...i tried to go back but some guy was waiting outside the store just to tell everyone the damn store was closed :( oh well...got the darkness for free out of it and geometry wars for my g/f (and she loves it) so no complaints

The Micro Center I visited had none of the $9.99 titles I wanted so I ended up just using it for $10 Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga for the 360. The wife loves it. :)

[quote name='animemaniac14']DEAD now...i tried to go back but some guy was waiting outside the store just to tell everyone the damn store was closed :( oh well...got the darkness for free out of it and geometry wars for my g/f (and she loves it) so no complaints[/quote]

now see that's abusing it. What do you mean someone waiting outside the store saying it's closed? During normal business hours?!?!?

[quote name='rpepper']The Micro Center I visited had none of the $9.99 titles I wanted so I ended up just using it for $10 Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga for the 360. The wife loves it. :)[/quote]

Wait, do you mean $10 off Lego or $10 total for the game? For $20, id go grab it...

[quote name='Pookymeister']Wait, do you mean $10 off Lego or $10 total for the game? For $20, id go grab it...[/QUOTE]

He means he got the original xbox legal star wars original trilogy for free.

i did as well. actually i paid 23 cents.

[quote name='confoosious']He means he got the original xbox legal star wars original trilogy for free.

i did as well. actually i paid 23 cents.[/quote]

He was pretty specific about it being complete saga for 360.

[quote name='Pookymeister']He was pretty specific about it being complete saga for 360.[/quote]

Ah shoot...that's what I get for typing a post before I have my coffee. Yes, I meant complete saga for 360. No, I meant to say $10 OFF the game making it $39.99 instead of $49.99.

Sorry for the confusion!

well I used the coupon 3 times over the weekend, buying things I never would have normally (all prices after coupon):

- scored Exite Truck for $10.47, this was the last copy and had approx 8 different orange stickers with different prices splattered all over the shrink wrap

- Godfather 360 for $5.70

- Extreme Space Invaders PSP (I wanted the DS version, they didn't have it) for $10

So for $26, not the greatest haul ever, but not bad. I only made one trip, but would walk out to my car after each purchase. Then come back-in, do it again. Fortunately they were busy on Saturday, and everyone had to pay for games at the main check-out where they had 6 different cashiers working, just made sure I went to a different guy each time......

[quote name='thedream77']- scored Exite Truck for $10.47, this was the last copy and had approx 8 different orange stickers with different prices splattered all over the shrink wrap[/quote]

That's a great game. Very underrated. Nice grab.

Crap, I can't believe I missed one of these. And I was just thinking the other day that it's been a while since Micro Center has had a good sale or coupon deal.

"The Darkness" for free would have been great....

(Cue the sound clip of Jeremy Clarkson's echoing "DAMN!" from the "Killing a Toyota" bit -- eh, someone more inclined can do that Google search.)

bread's done
Back