Microcenter refurbished 20gig Xbox 360 HDD $5

The 12GB of usable space you get with these drives isn't much by today's standards, but for anyone who is still operating without a harddrive, for $5, you can't beat this. You won't be installing games to your HDD, but can at least download some map packs and XBLA games and whatnot.

I would say this deal is almost worthless as one of the previous posters said 20GB is nothing by today's standards. HOWEVER, being that this is practically free I'd say it's an easy pickup if you are running HDless.

[quote name='mark_IV']They also have the old style 250gb advertised online for $59.99 refurbished and $69.99 new. Not an amazing deal but good if you have the store credit to burn. Order a Chinese case for the HD of ebay and it's good to go in a slim.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0350453

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0331696[/QUOTE]

You definitely don't need a case. Just remove the screws to the HDD shell (requires torque bits), detach the top and bottom and the HD casing, take out the drive, and plug it in to the HD bay of your slim using the SATA in the back. I bought a 250GB off Woot for about this price. The whole process takes about 10 minutes.

20GB is perfectly fine for general Xbox 360 usage, as it allows you to use backwards compatibility, caching (required by some games for online), and disc-based content installs (Oblivion and Fallout 3 GOTY, Battlefield 3 textures, etc) which are the major benefits of having an internal harddrive. Just as long as you aren't installing games or downloading larger XBLA titles, you should be able to stay below the size limit failry easily.

Last year, my friend somehow turned his 20gb 360 HDD into 250gb one with a notebook HDD he bought online for like $40. I already had a 120gb one so I didn't really care, but if someone knows how to do it, you can have 250gb HDD for cheap with this $5 360 HDD.

bread's done
Back