Microcenter Video Game Deals

Ray Mon

CAGiversary!
Here are some deals from your neighborhood Microcenter:

60 GB Xbox Refurbished-$99.99 compared to $119 without a hard drive, only a controller.
DS Lite Pink Refurbished-$49.99 compared to
Halo Combat Evolved-$19 compared to $39.99
Halo Reach-$19 compared to $39.99
Xbox Wired Headset Refurbished-$9.99 compared to $14.99
Xbox Wireless Controller Refurbished-$29.99 compared to $39.99
Xbox Wired Controller Refurbished-$19.99 compared to $29.99
Refurbished HDMI Cable-$7.99 compared to $17.99

All of the equipment is compared to Gamestop's prices.

My Micro Center is awesome but they've really scaled back their gaming department...last game I bought there was KOF 98 UM :ps2: a few years ago. Awesome place for computer hardware though.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Thanks op. In for 3 refurbished hdmi cables.[/QUOTE]

Why would you buy three "refurbished" HDMI cables for $7.99 each when you can get brand new ones from Monoprice for less? Oh, and how the hell do you refurbish an HDMI cable?

I don't understand my local Micro Center... They clearanced certain games. I would have bought them but wasn't ever in the area to stop by. So now the items are gone but I have a feeling they likely weren't purchased. They've got a shit ton of overpriced used games, just a shit ton of overpriced games in general (good luck finding anything because the games are just shoved where ever, there is no organization other than by console), none of them are moving, but they decide to throw out just random things? It doesn't make sense to me. Had they just let some games sit there for $5 taking up shelf space on a shelf that doesn't ever change, someone would have bought it eventually. Now the games are trashed and the tax write off has got to be less than that $5 otherwise they'd have trashed the games at a different price point. But keep that random children's game sitting there at $50. That's going to sell!

But I've noticed they haven't done any clearance price drops in ages. So maybe they've given up on that? Who knows.

[quote name='arcane93']Why would you buy three "refurbished" HDMI cables for $7.99 each when you can get brand new ones from Monoprice for less? Oh, and how the hell do you refurbish an HDMI cable?[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows that refurbished is better because you know for sure that it's been checked twice =)

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']Anyone cash in their giftcards for cash at the Santa Clara store?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I cashed my giftcard out and they credited my credit card instead oddly. But no issues there as I saw a return to my cc for the gc value.

[quote name='souNReAL']not a bad price for an entry level 360 system. probably gonna want a warranty on it though....[/QUOTE]

Sorry that I didn't mention it but it does come with a warranty.

bread's done
Back