Microcenter Weekend Game Deals - 50 Cent Blood In The Sand $20

deal_of_day.jpg

grab_em_while.jpg

we_want_games.jpg

good_as_new.jpg

There was more but it was either retail price or $5-$10 off various 360 accessories.

[quote name='manthing']This game is a steal at $20.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is!

This game is so shockingly fun! Damn near rock solid gameplay (cover gets glitchy sometimes), the graphics are fantastic, and the story is so over the top 80s action movie I damn near considered buying this at full price.

Looking at the metacritic it would seem like your DS would explode from you putting that cartridge in.

No listings for anything other than the PS2 edition and that only got an overall 27 from 4 reviews.

Metacitic Bike MICE

IGN was one of the most generous scoring wise and this is what they wrote:
"Not only should you never buy, rent, or play this game, you should not even look at it on store shelves. Also, don't even give it to people you hate."

If you like reading critics pile on and destroy a game there are 4 good ones.

Ah who cares what critics say - its a mindless self indulgance - 2 bucks people pay more for a crappy cup of coffee ! You mean to tell me you only buy games that critics ( who get free swag and stuff plus advertising money ) push and tell you that are good ? man take a chance , you dont think I know that Biker Mice isnt a triple A title , I got beyond good and evil for $ 1.98 and im sure the metric score on that is up to the celling . so 2 bucks is 2 bucks . Also bought River King , Ninja Reflex and Draglade . Dont come to my house with reviews for them I wont answer the door ! :)

Thanks for posting this again this week. The last two weeks Micro Center has had some fun cheap DS games. It is amazing how much fun a game can be when you pick it up for $2-$4, even when it gets terrible reviews. If you get a couple of hours of entertainment out of a game for $2, it is hard to complain. Cheaper and easier than renting.

I have played 50 Cent Blood on the Sand and its a fun 6.5-7/10 3rd person shooter. The graphics and gameplay are certainly nothing special but you can get all of the achievements in under 15 hours easily if you know what you're doing.

[quote name='Rollinstone12']I don't see it for 360 on there. Does anyone have a link?[/quote]

You have to select a location first.

If your nearest store has the 360 version in-stock, it will show up when you search for '50 Cent'

[quote name='stoned99']Price match to Sears ppl!![/QUOTE]

Don't have a Sears or a Microcenter, all we have here is pretty much Hastings which may or may not price match.... though i would buy the game for 20$ if it was near me.

Got a cancellation e-mail for one of my locations which said they had 3 in stock. Then I tried the other location, which said they had one in stock, and got a pick-up conformation. Here's to hoping they actually price adjust it to the $19.99 when I go pick it up.

[quote name='jgressley']Choose your location at the top of the Microcenter website first, and then enter "Blood in the Sand" in the search box.

I didn't see the Xbox 360 version unless I already had a location selected that had it in stock.

In for one at the Mayfield Heights location. I also traded in a Cooking Mama (DS) for $10, so it was just over $11 with tax for the game.

Note: Someone had to go to the warehouse to pull the game, AND it took forever to complete my trade, AND Cooking Mama (DS) only rang up for $6 in trade as opposed to the ad value of $10 with a manager override required. Bring your ads![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. In any case, I got my local Best Buy to price match without issues. W00t!

Awesome deal, but once again my local Micro Center only had like 2 copies and they sold out in an instant.

Love the deals Micro Center, but how about getting some more copies in stock before doing them!

Well I stopped by the Fairfax, VA location and picked up a BotS. There were 2 more on the shelf as of 10:30am. All three (including the one I bought) were marked still @ 59.99, but rang up 19.99 with no override or ad needed. I thought about buying a second, but felt like that would border on douchebaggery so I hope some other CAG was able to get in on it. If it wasnt for the tournament, I'd have popped it in already. I'll check it out during the ~6pm news break.

just got the last one at westmont illinois. Sorry guys but they didnt even have any signs up either about it being on sale

[quote name='akokonas']just got the last one at westmont illinois. Sorry guys but they didnt even have any signs up either about it being on sale[/quote]

Many times the Micro Center DotD never gets any signage (sometimes it goes into the "bin of lost & unloved" games display, others not). Also, I have never seen it re-tagged to the temporary discounted price, it's a targeted sale. The DotD games just ring up for the discounted price.

[quote name='Shimrra']Oh snap..that fell down fast

1233400426guy20falls20o.gif

Didnt Cheapy say this game was headed to the bargain bin soon?[/quote]

LMAO saved!

[quote name='cmart05']this game is still $20.00 to much.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. It's actually an above average third person shooter. It's also fairly comedic in places. Well worth spending $20 for a game that will deliver some fun shooting action and humor.

[quote name='KiySeph']Awesome deal, but once again my local Micro Center only had like 2 copies and they sold out in an instant.

Love the deals Micro Center, but how about getting some more copies in stock before doing them![/QUOTE]

if you're talking about santa clara microcenter...yeah, their game deals are worthless for this location. the problem is that santa clara's location doesnt perform well, thus they dont get many shipments for games, even for the more popular games (when MGS4 launched, they only had like 5 copies). pretty pathetic.

[quote name='bojay1997']Disagree. It's actually an above average third person shooter. It's also fairly comedic in places. Well worth spending $20 for a game that will deliver some fun shooting action and humor.[/quote]

It's going to hit $10 everywhere in about another week, same like Mercenaries and that game was fun for like 10 minutes until you did the same thing over and over again.

[quote name='cmart05']It's going to hit $10 everywhere in about another week, same like Mercenaries and that game was fun for like 10 minutes until you did the same thing over and over again.[/QUOTE]

If it hits $10 everywhere in another week, you can have my entire video game collection... including Fifty Cent: Blood on the Sand.

[quote name='shipwreck']If it hits $10 everywhere in another week, you can have my entire video game collection... including Fifty Cent: Blood on the Sand.[/quote]

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee \\:D/

[quote name='cmart05']It's going to hit $10 everywhere in about another week, same like Mercenaries and that game was fun for like 10 minutes until you did the same thing over and over again.[/quote]

Huh? What makes you think that? The game isn't even a month old. This is a one-day sale at one store. The game still retails for $60.

[quote name='cmart05']It's going to hit $10 everywhere in about another week, same like Mercenaries and that game was fun for like 10 minutes until you did the same thing over and over again.[/quote]

Please, the two mic Lips bundle went back to retail right after the $29 MC DotD.
So will this, now if you had said a month . . .

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Huh? What makes you think that? The game isn't even a month old. This is a one-day sale at one store. The game still retails for $60.[/quote]

I was being overly sarcastic.

[quote name='cmart05']I was being overly sarcastic.[/quote]

Sorry. We're on the internet, though, and the wording of your post suggested no sarcasm at all. I left my mind-reading implant at home.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Sorry. We're on the internet, though, and the wording of your post suggested no sarcasm at all. I left my mind-reading implant at home.[/quote]

sorry I'll make sure to mark my post with *sarcasm* at the end, thanks for the heads up though!

For everyone raging on the game without doing anything other than reading the title perhaps you need to watch this video:
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/693540/Sesslers-Soapbox-50-Cent-is-Worth-Your-Dollars.html

Here is the introduction:
Sessler's Soapbox: 50 Cent is Worth Your Dollars

Posted by Patrick Roche-Sowa - Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:25 PM

"

Everyone loves surprises, even people who say they don't. Such is the topic of today's Soapbox.
If you remember 50 Cent: Bulletproof, you'll remember that it was a pimple on the surface of gaming. We don't blame you for having low expectations for 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, but hold off on your judgement, young soldier. This game is actually good. It's really good. We swear it. Listen to what Adam has to say about the game and let us know what you think."
-----------

In short, its fun, its fun, its fun - period. Hate on it if you want but there is no cause for it.

From what a lot of reviews are saying, it's mediocre, but the fact that it's playable and has a ridiculous story makes it's above average.

holy jeez this is a steal (too bad i dont even know what microcenter is!) the game is awesome when i rentedit, 50 cent or not! i havent had this much fun wth a game in awhile

[quote name='hostyl1']Well I stopped by the Fairfax, VA location and picked up a BotS. There were 2 more on the shelf as of 10:30am. All three (including the one I bought) were marked still @ 59.99, but rang up 19.99 with no override or ad needed. I thought about buying a second, but felt like that would border on douchebaggery so I hope some other CAG was able to get in on it. If it wasnt for the tournament, I'd have popped it in already. I'll check it out during the ~6pm news break.[/quote]

I did the pick up in store at the location and got there around 11 AM. Zippy left, the guy pulled the last one down for a instore pick up.

I love this place man, I realized it was really close to where I used to work so I will taking advantage of these more often now.

[quote name='joshnorm']I did the pick up in store at the location and got there around 11 AM. Zippy left, the guy pulled the last one down for a instore pick up.

I love this place man, I realized it was really close to where I used to work so I will taking advantage of these more often now.[/quote]

I think that one was mine. I ordered online for in-store pickup around 11am(glad I did). Got there about 3:30 pm and there was none on the shelves. Thanks CAG, I heard from various sources that this game was fun and for $20 I had to jump on it. I was wondering if anyone knows what the trade in value for this game was.

So here is my story today. I had a very busy day at work and was never able to go during my lunch hour. After work i headed over to my Microcenter (about 5 miles way) After spending about 10 minutes looking for it i asked the guy there if he had any, after checking the computer he said he had 1 left. After spending another 10 minutes checking i came to the conclusion that this was not going to end well. He went back to the computer and said i don't think we have any left and it must be a stocking mistake. At this point i decided to look at the computer too, i saw that they only 2 at the start of business today. Seeing this actually made me angry, i thought to myself how can they run an ad (like this one) and only have 2 copies in stock. They should at least print on the ad limit 2 or 5 per store, like they do for a lot of black friday deals. After explaining all of this to the manager and sales rep they extended the coupon till 3/31/09. He jotted a little note on there for them to contact him when i return to purchase the game. So for me this may actually have a happy ending for me. I just have to call frequently to see when they get more copies in.

[quote name='bones56']So here is my story today. I had a very busy day at work and was never able to go during my lunch hour. After work i headed over to my Microcenter (about 5 miles way) After spending about 10 minutes looking for it i asked the guy there if he had any, after checking the computer he said he had 1 left. After spending another 10 minutes checking i came to the conclusion that this was not going to end well. He went back to the computer and said i don't think we have any left and it must be a stocking mistake. At this point i decided to look at the computer too, i saw that they only 2 at the start of business today. Seeing this actually made me angry, i thought to myself how can they run an ad (like this one) and only have 2 copies in stock. They should at least print on the ad limit 2 or 5 per store, like they do for a lot of black friday deals. After explaining all of this to the manager and sales rep they extended the coupon till 3/31/09. He jotted a little note on there for them to contact him when i return to purchase the game. So for me this may actually have a happy ending for me. I just have to call frequently to see when they get more copies in.[/quote]

Wow, you got pretty lucky there. The ad does say quantities limited and at my store that means they have 1 copy. I had school conferences after work and could not get there until evening and there was a big gap in the display where the title would be. Looks like they may have sold more than 1 this time! Computer said 0 in stock. Might have to try the online order with in-store pickup next time.

Do you think they will actually restock by the end of the month? Again, my store has me pretty well trained to expect the worst.

This game has my stamp of approval as well. I had a blast with this game. I may have more fun with this than Army of Two.

It's a shame 50's image on it is actually hurting the sales. I keep recommending it at work, people laugh and say "I'll just rent it".. then com back and talk about how much fun it was.

If only it had split-screen co-op.

bread's done
Back