Microcenter Weekly Gaming Deals 3-13 to 3-19

Barnyard Blast (DS) $1.99
The Club (360) $14.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (360) $9.99
Obscure: The Aftermath (wii) $4.99
Rock Band 2 (Wii game only I assume) $14.99

The Used deal is GTA: San Andreas on ps2 for $4.99

Instore Deal of the day is a Guitar Hero Bundle for $49.99 (it looks like the original Guitar Hero)

I'm loving Microcenter's game deals lately. Also of note is that Manhunt 2 on ps2 is still $1.99 on their website.

i went to the store the other day and i noticed that they had put another upc sticker on manhunt 2 for the ps2. i scanned it and it came up to $14.99. it says used but the game itself was still sealed. so if you could find that other copy without the upc sticker, it should still come up as $1.99. better yet just mention the website price and they should probably honor it.

They actually just raised the price of Manhunt 2 on their site to $19.18. Microcenter does that upc thing often with these sales, I remember that Pro Evo Soccer game in particular was supposed to be $9.99 but the store converted all their new copies to used (which was like $25 I think).

I really don't get that store sometimes.

DotD: 2 guitar bundle of Guitar Hero Aerosmith (ps2 Edition shown):

deal_of_day.jpg

Buy any Xbox 360 Elite and also get Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition FREE
(Note: I did not see the RED Resident Evil LE Elite on their site, but if they have it in-store this would be a great deal;
I'll try and call my two locals when they open):

360_elite_offer_1.jpg

Xbox 360 Hardware $5 - $10 off MSRP (meh):

save_on_these_360.jpg

Weekly Deals (usually available online. However, as of 8:15 am EST they are full MSRP online):

grab_em_while.jpg

Use game trade in deal is weak this week (Get $15 for SH:HC):

we_want_games.jpg

Used game on sale GTA:SA (meh):

good_as_new.jpg

The entire ad available HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Strider Turbulence']They actually just raised the price of Manhunt 2 on their site to $19.18. Microcenter does that upc thing often with these sales, I remember that Pro Evo Soccer game in particular was supposed to be $9.99 but the store converted all their new copies to used (which was like $25 I think).

I really don't get that store sometimes.[/quote]yeah i agree. i went to another microcenter last weekend and was able to grab a manhunt 2 for $1.99. but it wasn't even displayed over at the ps2 section of their gaming department. it was actually moved over to the used games section. i mean they were all sealed too but had a price tag of $19.18 but when i had them scanned the game it came up $1.99. it didn't have the sticker.

its almost like they're trying to pull a fast one on you.

[quote name='phear3d']yeah i agree. i went to another microcenter last weekend and was able to grab a manhunt 2 for $1.99. but it wasn't even displayed over at the ps2 section of their gaming department. it was actually moved over to the used games section. i mean they were all sealed too but had a price tag of $19.18 but when i had them scanned the game it came up $1.99. it didn't have the sticker.

its almost like they're trying to pull a fast one on you.[/quote]

I think that is being done by individual store managers.

Well, even though the email has click throughs for the weekly "grab'em while you can" deals- they are all still showing up at (or near) full MSRP.

[quote name='tom_janet06']rock band 2 for 14.99...is that just for the WII??[/quote]

Most likely. I think that the instrument compatibility issues with the Wii are hurting unbundled sales of Music games.

Anyone have a link to the ad online? Also, do the prices not update on the website till 10 am?

went and scored Barnyard Blast , Obscure and Tony Hawk for easter gifts but they had NO IDEA that this sale was going on was a hassle but had a print-out . The Video Game Clerk was a lil jerky but the store manager was cool and had no problem doing the discounts . They Had like A million of all the titles which is rare cuz they only had 3 manhunt 2's and like 4 GH World Tour when they had them on sale . Good post though thanks ! :)

In for Barnyard Blast and GTA: SA for trade-ins.

In for Tony Hawk: Proving Grounds for myself. I have it on PS2 and I just couldn't deal with the graphics.

[quote name='whodat']Will BestBuy or Walmart pricematch this Microcenter ad?[/quote]
YMMV on PMing a Micro Center deal. I have been shot down at one and accepted at another. Having a print ad for matches helps, email specials are much tougher.

two weeks in a row...
printed ad and went into Best Buy.

through the register pm'd
DS Barn
wii RB2 x 2

and TRU PS3 RE5 for $39.99

love BBuy and last two weeks Microcenter e-mails...

[quote name='donut']two weeks in a row...
printed ad and went into Best Buy.

through the register pm'd
DS Barn
wii RB2 x 2

and TRU PS3 RE5 for $39.99

love BBuy and last two weeks Microcenter e-mails...[/quote]

Keeping the cheap in CAG is Donut.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Keeping the cheap in CAG is Donut.[/quote]

lol thanks, but IF I had the gonads...which I don't ... heading over to Customer Service for the extra 10% would have been the ultimate CAG... I made a judgment call to keep it low key as possible and (my head is jerking now) let them keep the extra $9.20 ...

Shame on me for leaving my buy 2 get 1 cheat sheet notes on the front of the micro printout ...
duh!:wall:

Went to look for the DS game and $5 Wii game...no luck in Houston. They didn't have either game on the shelf; I also looked in the bins full of games.

^ Just use store pick up. They find everything for you. Every time I go there, it's so damn tough to find something that is on sale out on the floor. Rather let the workers find them

bread's done
Back