Microsoft emailing 2 free month codes for XBL Gold

SINNED

CAGiversary!
"Thanks for being a part of our Xbox LIVE® community. We want to show our appreciation for members like you and let you enjoy even more great experiences with us by giving you two free months of Gold membership*. So chat, share, play and enjoy the best that Xbox LIVE has to offer–on us!

Claim your 2 free months of Xbox LIVE Gold with these redemption codes in-console or online at Xbox.com."

Im guessing this is because ive been silver for so long. Not sure if they sent this to everyone.

EDIT: DotW does work with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
so they appreciate members like you... the ones who don't pay for the service, and potentially shaft the ones who do support it? M$ may have fucked up a little bit on this one.

[quote name='FiendCameron']so they appreciate members like you... the ones who don't pay for the service, and potentially shaft the ones who do support it? M$ may have fucked up a little bit on this one.[/QUOTE]
XD I need to check my mail then.

[quote name='FiendCameron']so they appreciate members like you... the ones who don't pay for the service, and potentially shaft the ones who do support it? M$ may have fucked up a little bit on this one.[/QUOTE]

Dont they still give re-subscribers an extra month or two?

[quote name='jman619']Wow. I actually just got one a few mins ago. Don't really need it though. I have about 6-7 months left.[/QUOTE]

Sir, hook me up!! please? 1 month only.

LOL, so true. But let's face it. It has nothing to do with "appreciation," and it has everything to do with trying to get Silver members to switch over.

i just saw this in my email and i'm a gold member... random... and i havent been getting any of those free points emails either

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']LOL, so true. But let's face it. It has nothing to do with "appreciation," and it has everything to do with trying to get Silver members to switch over.[/QUOTE]

Exactly I have no problem with it. 2 months is nothing.

It's not like you paid $20 for a membership and then they released a code in GI for a free year to anyone who wanted it... and then blamed you for being lazy.

[quote name='The SPism']i just saw this in my email and i'm a gold member... random... and i havent been getting any of those free points emails either[/QUOTE]

I have Gold for about another year, and I got this email today as well. My credit card expired last year, and I haven't updated with the new expiration date yet, coincidence?

I can't help but find it amusing how i never get any of these Microsoft "Giveaways"

I guess that is my punishment for maintaining a gold membership for all these years.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Gold gift offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per person (each token valid for one-time use only). This offer is nontransferable and is not redeemable for cash.

[/FONT]

awesome, I got the e-mail. Mine expires sometime in march so this'll help. I wonder how long I can hold onto these codes? will probably only use them if a sweet DOTW pops up.

[quote name='CyReN']Been a member since 05' and probably won't get crap.[/QUOTE]

i think i've been a member ship they launched the thing. I remember how awesome NBA 2k3 was... play random people for the first time! Still haven't gotten a thing. Ever.

yes, they appreciate the people who are silver members and those are have less than a year as a member. yet, a 5+year member like me never gets anything from them. okay well I take it back, I get lousy emails notifying me of upcoming dlc and games but I see those on joystiq, cag and 360 dashboard so that doesn't count for much. also, since i've been a member for so long and I use netflix for xbl primarily and have purchased so much content I can't recall ever getting anything free. this has got to be the major shaft for many of us.

I take it back. On my other account which I rarely use, I got the same email for 2 months free...LOL. I guess it's for silver members and it is a way to encourage them to sign up for xbl but no thanks. Also, the account that got the 2 free months of xbl is the same account that got into the rewards program.

I never get crap from MS but a friend of mine who pays month to month and only is a member like 4 months a year gets all kinds of deals sent to him. So I guess they just give stuff to people like him.

[quote name='ohram']My brother and I are in the rewards program and we both got emails.[/QUOTE]

What rewards program?

[quote name='confoosious']Exactly I have no problem with it. 2 months is nothing.

It's not like you paid $20 for a membership and then they released a code in GI for a free year to anyone who wanted it... and then blamed you for being lazy.[/QUOTE]

Pfft, no company would be dumb enough to do that. ;)

Can't complain too much about Microsoft's treatment, they sent me a survey to fill out thru their Microsoft Connect a while back, and then after I filled it out, about a month or two later got an email saying they wanted to reward me with a free Microsoft branded game. So I picked Fable II, and to my surprise they sent me the collector's edition of it. Not too shabby for 15 minutes of my time. Granted I had to fill out some form saying that I accepted it from them, some tax/gratuity thing, but still.

[quote name='leesiulung']What rewards program?[/QUOTE]

there were sign-ups for it a while ago. Buy marketplace stuff and they give you a certain percent(5-7%) back during the program. I got about 30 points back. They also may send you survey, and you get 100 points for each survey you fill out.

[quote name='Anhmeister']I got this as well. It was for being a part of the Rewards program.[/QUOTE]
That explains me getting it out of the blue.

[quote name='lolwut?']Would the 2 months stack with existing time? I wouldn't mind 2 free months, but I haven't used up my 1 year yet.[/QUOTE]
Yes it will. I am now signed up till the end of the world.

Hmm, I don't believe I'm part of the Rewards program, though I have been a silver member for well over a year.

A Special Gift from Xbox Live
Mon 2/22/10 7:30 PM

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Not a Pirate[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks for being a part of our Xbox LIVE® community. We want to show our appreciation for members like you and let you enjoy even more great experiences with us by giving you two free months of Gold membership*. So chat, share, play and enjoy the best that Xbox LIVE has to offer–on us!

Claim your 2 free months of Xbox LIVE Gold with these redemption codes in-console or online at Xbox.com.
[/FONT]

I got an e-mail about joining netflix. Yeah, I already do Microsoft and have streamed videos plenty of times you stupid #@@#@!##@@!$!@$!@$!@#!@# !@#!@ les.

Yeah I got this too. I am assuming it's because I am part of their Rewards Program.

I think they will most likely roll this out to all Gold Members eventually. It's nice to get points back from Marketplace purchases.

I think I have Live "paid" up through Nov. 2011 now.

I've been a silver for all 3 years of ownership, not expecting anything, but I did update my contact info so they have my actual email address

Time to go look for some emails.. Didn't see anything in my main email linked to my gold account or my Rewards account.. crap.. time to check spam filters..

I hate when people complain about not getting free stuff when others do. It's free. Microsoft is clearly attempting to entice Silver members into going for Gold. They are NOT screwing over paying customers. As a paying customer, you are not entitled to free stuff any more than the next person.

[quote name='mitch079']I got an e-mail about joining netflix. Yeah, I already do Microsoft and have streamed videos plenty of times you stupid #@@#@!##@@!$!@$!@$!@#!@# !@#!@ les.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='doodofdoods']there were sign-ups for it a while ago. Buy marketplace stuff and they give you a certain percent(5-7%) back during the program. I got about 30 points back. They also may send you survey, and you get 100 points for each survey you fill out.[/QUOTE]

I know this program is no longer available, but how did you sign up? Was it only for select people that received invites?

bread's done
Back