Microsoft Ending Bing Cashback!!!

I never used their search engine anyway, and only used Cashback when the percentage back was higher than Ebates. When they first started out and gave you an absurdly high price back on Ebay purchases, that was fun, but like all those $10 back with Google checkout in the beginning, short-lived. Oh well.

Makes you wonder how much money they lost.

Wow. I love Bing Cashback. Got me an already discounted PS3 for 40% off, and then I used it to buy things for my entire basement when it was getting finished.

Am I the only one who's happy this is disappearing? At least we wont see anymore of those retarded threads saying 2-25% BCB etc... I don't need to bother with waiting 30-90 days for .30c or $2.50.

If my BCB would be anything past the $15 range then it would possibly be worth it. Anything below that isn't worth the time. But to each his own.

I called this a long time ago and consider anyone using it an idiot. M$ was just buying customers so they could 'try' to compete with real search engines. You seriously think you had ANY chance at getting money out of them? Rofl.

I swear, the stuff people fall for these days. No wonder the market is in the toilet.

[quote name='DPsx7']I called this a long time ago and consider anyone using it an idiot. M$ was just buying customers so they could 'try' to compete with real search engines. You seriously think you had ANY chance at getting money out of them? Rofl.

I swear, the stuff people fall for these days. No wonder the market is in the toilet.[/QUOTE]

Meh, you wanna see a site full of people who will be crying over this news?

SD

I should go check to see if they are for lulz.

[quote name='DPsx7']I called this a long time ago and consider anyone using it an idiot. M$ was just buying customers so they could 'try' to compete with real search engines. You seriously think you had ANY chance at getting money out of them? Rofl.

I swear, the stuff people fall for these days. No wonder the market is in the toilet.[/QUOTE]

You sir, are a dumbass. We HAVE been getting money back. In fact, I got $100 off the camera I recently purchased, and about $45 back in Tigerdirect stuff. And everybody who has pending cash back will get it, they just won't be giving out any more. YOU are the idiot for not taking advantage of this for the last year.

[quote name='Admiral Moo']Crap. I have saved so much money through this, from engagement rings and flowers to systems and games. It will be missed.[/QUOTE]

Rings? You planning to marry more than one person?

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Am I the only one who's happy this is disappearing? At least we wont see anymore of those retarded threads saying 2-25% BCB etc... I don't need to bother with waiting 30-90 days for .30c or $2.50.

If my BCB would be anything past the $15 range then it would possibly be worth it. Anything below that isn't worth the time. But to each his own.[/QUOTE]

hmm getting 2.50 back isn't worth the time to click my mouse 2 -3 extra times....:roll:

[quote name='Access_Denied']You sir, are a dumbass. We HAVE been getting money back. In fact, I got $100 off the camera I recently purchased, and about $45 back in Tigerdirect stuff. And everybody who has pending cash back will get it, they just won't be giving out any more. YOU are the idiot for not taking advantage of this for the last year.[/QUOTE]

Uh huh, we bet you did. The only people making those claims were M$ employees paid to raise awareness. "I got money and you can too!"

Smart shopping saves you money, not waiting for the day M$ feels charitable. I'm glad I wasn't taken advantage of.

[quote name='DPsx7']Uh huh, we bet you did. The only people making those claims were M$ employees paid to raise awareness. "I got money and you can too!"

Smart shopping saves you money, not waiting for the day M$ feels charitable. I'm glad I wasn't taken advantage of.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you are all sorts of dumb. I got over a thousand dollars back from purchases using this, and they were all the LOWEST possible price available on the particular items. Microsoft made good deals into even BETTER deals, especially when it was at 30 percent off. Sucks that you missed out, idiot.

[quote name='DPsx7']Uh huh, we bet you did. The only people making those claims were M$ employees paid to raise awareness. "I got money and you can too!"

Smart shopping saves you money, not waiting for the day M$ feels charitable. I'm glad I wasn't taken advantage of.[/QUOTE]Are you in the right thread?

Smart shopping saves you money, not waiting for the day M$ feels charitable. I'm glad I wasn't taken advantage of.[/QUOTE]
troll1.jpg

A troll draws near! Command?

I've received over $300 back (on various things, from video games to textbooks to musical instruments), so I'm somewhat sad to see it go. Kind of figured that it wouldn't last, though.

*sigh* Thanks for the ride, it's been great! I was finally able to get an HDTV this past Cyber Monday and Bing really sealed the deal for me.

R.i.P. Bing

My avatar will wear his bing tshirt in your memory.

Oh well, I haven't used it since it dropped down from the 20-35% cashback range. I got back over $400-$500 using this, so it was great when it was on going. Kind of glad it is over though, as 8% back on Ebay purchases just isn't worth it (mostly because most BIN auctions are listed higher than standard auctions...so you don't really save anything).

Noooooooo!!!

I've got back over $300 dollars on this on three purchases alone. I loved it when ebay was 25% back, I got a 360 Elite for less than what I sold my old 360 for, a PDA, and new tires from another site. It will be missed. Maybe I will look for one last big buy before its gone... I am in the market for a laptop and/or Ipod Touch.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Rings? You planning to marry more than one person?[/QUOTE]
He might have had a roller coaster year in his love life? Or maybe he plans ahead XDD

I know I've been engaged like 6 times. Makes me wish I'd used Bing for some of them

Got the email today, was sad, this was the only cashback tool i really utilized, i got about $300 cashback since the program started.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Am I the only one who's happy this is disappearing? At least we wont see anymore of those retarded threads saying 2-25% BCB etc... I don't need to bother with waiting 30-90 days for .30c or $2.50.

If my BCB would be anything past the $15 range then it would possibly be worth it. Anything below that isn't worth the time. But to each his own.[/QUOTE]

Can't see why any CAG would be happy to see a money-saving tool go away.

I've gotten nearly $80 in BCB in the past month that will be coming to me. Definitely going to miss this. They had retailers that didn't sign up with Ebates and their credit rates on some stores were ASTRONOMICAL!

Sad to see it go.

I cleaned up getting my HDTV, sound system, and HTPC parts through Bing cashback. I got quite a bit of money out of it.

Sad to see it go, but honestly surprised it lasted as long as it did. The only time I ever used Bing was to see the cashback.

Oh well... some really good deals back when this started. My highlight was saving $200 on a MacBook and another $20 on an iPod touch. Big thanks to Microsoft for subsidizing my career as an Apple developer. :)

Bing Cashback is great if you buy a lot of big ticket items using BIN. If you only buy small stuff, it's not really worth it. You are only allowed so many purchases so to use it for items that cost $5 is a waste. I used it a lot to buy guitars so I got good money back, enough so I basically got 2 of my guitars for free. I'll have to get on before it ends and see if I have any purchases left.

bread's done
Back