Microsoft offering up to 5 Gears of War 3 beta codes to share with your friends

[quote name='basilofbkrst']Nice. Wish I was in to spread the love. Thanks for the info OP.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I should get a few extra codes just from my account, not including the other authors on my site. So once we get a nice little stack of codes, I'll post a thread on here and give them all away :)

[quote name='COLDblood']Just got the email thanks for the heads up... sucks friends only get in the last week.[/QUOTE]

Yea but at least they get a week of play instead of no play. I still see people begging for codes on Twitter dying to play the beta lol So this should help some of those folks out.

Cool.

Stupid question but I bought the maps for gears one when they were 800 msp. Does this mean I get a token for that or does it have to be a recent purchase?

[quote name='Cysquatch']Cool.

Stupid question but I bought the maps for gears one when they were 800 msp. Does this mean I get a token for that or does it have to be a recent purchase?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't say in the fine print, but I'm assuming it has to be something bought starting today.

If you really want a code, just buy the Beta Tester T-Shirt. It's only 80MSP. I might buy it just to have an extra code to give away since I have like 160 MSP with nothing to buy.

[quote name='T9X69']It doesn't say in the fine print, but I'm assuming it has to be something bought starting today.

If you really want a code, just buy the Beta Tester T-Shirt. It's only 80MSP. I might buy it just to have an extra code to give away since I have like 160 MSP with nothing to buy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='T9X69']

If you really want a code, just buy the Beta Tester T-Shirt. It's only 80MSP. I might buy it just to have an extra code to give away since I have like 160 MSP with nothing to buy.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so if I buy a beta tester t shirt, I'll get a code for the gears beta?

[quote name='housedaclown']Wait, so if I buy a beta tester t shirt, I'll get a code for the gears beta?[/QUOTE]

If you're already in the beta then yea, you get an extra code.

[quote name='crazedimp321']Before anyone starts feeding codes to lurkers, would someone pm one to me? Thanks :D.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this please, if possible. I'd love to get my hands on a couple for myself and the gf, but I've missed all the other opportunities.

Codes should be given away via PM, not posting. No codes for lurkerz. I'll definitely be getting two codes for 20 hrs of Beta play and 100 hours of Gears play. Hopefully I get the email soon.

Current beta testers, please hook active members up before just giving it out so random people can have them. I would LOVE a beta code. So please keep me in mind if you have one to spare

[quote name='Heavyd814life']Current beta testers, please hook active members up before just giving it out so random people can have them. I would LOVE a beta code. So please keep me in mind if you have one to spare[/QUOTE]

Yea i agree, missed all the other opportunities and really just wanted to try it. A pm my way would be awesome.

I wouldn't mind a code as well. Haven't been able to snag one as of yet through other means, but I have been trying.

If anyone has an extra, that'd be great.

[quote name='crazedimp321']Before anyone starts feeding codes to lurkers, would someone pm one to me? Thanks :D.[/QUOTE]

Same for me please. I'd hate to miss out at let some lurker score one.

I didn't get the email. I should be eligible for a couple of those though.

[quote name='Cheatmaster8']Can someone pm please if possible[/QUOTE]

They haven't even sent them yet and you're already asking for one? I suggest you check the code drop thread when they do give them out.

I feel like we should start a list here of people that want them ordered by Join date. I know it's bulky, but at least people that get the codes could start quoting the list with sent.

I'd like a code if anyone can spare one, can't wait to get in on this! :lol:

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='Cysquatch']Cool.

Stupid question but I bought the maps for gears one when they were 800 msp. Does this mean I get a token for that or does it have to be a recent purchase?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='T9X69']It doesn't say in the fine print, but I'm assuming it has to be something bought starting today.

It says in the fine print in the email. Good find on the T-Shirt!

"*The Gears of War 3 Multiplayer Beta Offer—good only for named recipients of these emails who are legal residents of the 50 United States (including Washington, D.C.), aged 17 years and older. To receive additional beta tokens, you must do the following between 12:01 A.M. Pacific Time on May 1, 2011, and 11:59 P.M. Pacific Time on May 15, 2011.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
• Purchase a Gears of War add-on, Games on Demand, or Avatar item from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
• Play more than 20 hours of the beta.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

• Purchase a 12-month Xbox LIVE Gold membership (retail or online). Retail tokens purchased must be redeemed through Xbox LIVE by May 4, 2011.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
• Play more than 100 hours of Gears of War or Gears of War 2 lifetime to date as of May 4, 2011."

Id love to have a code if someone has a spare to give out. PM me please if someone if feeling generous.

Ha, I misread it and activated one of my 12 month xbox live code for a code, too bad i am not in the beta currently. Looks like Amazon preorders do not net me a free beta code. Or at least I did not get one. But if someone is generous to give me one I would be most thankful.

It started as an informational thread and turned into a begfest.

I'd give a code away if I didn't have 2 buddies that have been wanting to play this for a bit. Sorry, fellas.

TOO MANY BEGGARS HERE!!!

I'm getting at least one free code through this. I will give it to the CAG who PM's me the funniest xbox related picture. And any begging in the message will remove you from consideration, i don't care if your dying aunt's last wish is to play the beta before she goes. Please make sure to include your gamertag since it looks like only people on friend lists are eligible. I'll pick a winner and PM the code on the 8th at whatever time I get it from Microsoft. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back