Microsoft offers $50K for missing child

saadman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I live in the city where this kid went missing a couple weeks ago. The kid was obsessed with Call of Duty 4 so much it was affecting his grades (he was in grade 9 at one of the local high schools). The parents decided to take his xbox away and because of that, he ran away from home. Now he's missing.

The situation has become a massive deal here. Posters are up EVERYWHERE and people have been searching non-stop since he disappeared. Now because of the xbox involvement, Microsoft is getting involved offering up $50 000 to those who find him.

The whole article can be read here:
http://www.ripten.com/2008/10/24/mi...ng-missing-ontario-teen-reward-reaches-50000/

Honesty, I'm not too sure what to think of the situation. I'd like to be sympathetic if something has happened to the kid, but under the circumstances of why he left home in the first place, I'm really not sure what opinion to side with. For all we know he could be at a buddies house somewhere. The kid leaves home all because he got in trouble over playing to much Call of Duty? It's just a weird situation.

If he isn't ok, I hope he was one of those asshats that would just sing or scream into the mic all the time. One less dipshit to worry about.

At least he was allowed to have the system at some point. When I was in 9th grade, one of my friends wasn't allowed to play his N64 during the school week. His mom kept the controllers locked in her car.

[quote name='jkanownik']I guess he should have spent more time playing Lost in Blue instead of Call of Duty.[/QUOTE]That's assuming video games had anything to do with him running away, which I'm still smelling as bull.

R.I.P. kid.

Wow, reading this post, to find out that he's dead is just shocking. That being said, reading the article, there is no foul play suspected? Does that mean they think it was suicide?

15 year olds just don't die from not being home for awhile. At some point, you either find a way to fend for yourself or you suck it up and go back home.

Still, this is a horrible outcome.

People have also been mocking him on Facebook. Stuff like a picture of the ring of death and other stupid things.

bread's done
Back