Microsoft Point expiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue ocarina

CAGiversary!
I just got an email notification that I won 400 MS points from one of those download and win competitions and this was included:

Please note these Microsoft Points will expire from your user's account at 11:59 PM PT on June 30, 2009. Winners must spend these Microsoft Points prior to this expiration date.
and that's fine with me I understand and why they do that and I don't mind seeing as they're free.
I was just wondering if any CAGs out there have experience with this from past promos as I already have points in my XBL account, will these points that expire be deducted first? or do I lose out on the spoils unless I spend all my points?

Essentially do I just have to spend 400 points before the given deadline to take advantage of the winnings?

EDIT: Thanks for the info and apologies for the misplaced posting. Thread locked.

I would imagine that's the case, but just wanted to check before I add them to my account.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering about this as well. Hopefully this is the case (contest points get used first).

Anyone have a link to official info regarding the policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back