Microsoft registers Microsoft-Sony.com and Sony-Microsoft.com

IMO nothing to get excited about. Microsoft eats up domain names all the time just so other people have no hope of using anything related to Microsoft or, apparently, its competitors.

[quote name='camoor']They will combine the hardware reliability of the 360 with the online experience of the PS3.[/QUOTE]
You meant to put those the other way around, right?

We can all breath a sigh of relief as the Fanboy Wars 2.0 has drawn a close. Microsoft and Sony have reached a peaceful agreement to end the flaming that has divided many a people. No longer will people compare Killzone 3 to Halo Reach or Fable 3 to Yakuza 4 or Gears of War 3 to Socom 4.

Yeah, I'm sure it's just something to do with Vaio PCs, or the upcoming Windows 8 tablets/slates (maybe Sony is partnering with them on the hardware side of those) or just some domain name hoarding.

I'd love it if Sony and MS just partnered on a console next gen as I think 2 major consoles (that along with Nintendo) is plenty of competition to keep the great games coming out based on the SNES/Genesis generation.

Yeah, probably not related to the game industry at all. But I think it shows that at least someone at Microsoft has considered the possibilities. Or if Microsoft was just laying claim to domain names, just the act of registering the Microsoft-Sony n Sony-Microsoft names could get someone thinking "hey, why not just discuss it, or re-open discussions." Nothing to get excited about, but this could get people thinking and talking

My guess is that Microsoft just wanted to lock this site down for use in marketing. So when people search for Microsoft-Sony comparisons, Microsoft can control one of the top sites to pop up

[quote name='camoor']They will combine the hardware reliability of the 360 with the online experience of the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Not gonna lie, I almost spit out my cereal when I read this.

bread's done
Back