Microsoft Store: $10 off future purchase w/ Kinect Pre-Order (YMMV?)

poker360

Banned
I ordered a xbox 360 slim through microsoft store but ended up canceling it and got this email today. I'm not sure if this is YMMV to those who purchased a 360 slim through the store or not... But here is what is says:

We hope you're enjoying the new Xbox you recently bought from Microsoft Store. Do you know how you can make it even more fun? Add the new Kinect. This amazing new technology allows the sensor to recognize your body and mirror your movements in the game, making YOU the controller. It puts you right in the center of the game like never before.
Not only that—but when you pre-order Kinect right now, you'll get a coupon for $10 off your next purchase of any product in the Microsoft Store*. There's a whole new generation of games that take advantage of Kinect—maybe you'll want to use your $10 off coupon to get one.

Thanks for shopping at Microsoft Store.

*Limited time offer valid through July 15, 2010 and a discount code is required to redeem. To receive a discount code, you must purchase or pre-order the qualifying Microsoft product identified in this email through microsoftstore.com . A coupon containing the discount code will be sent to the e-mail address provided within 30 days of purchase or pre-order. Discount code must be used by August 30th 2010. Limit one (1) discount code and one (1) use per customer. Discount code valid only on qualifying products and applies before taxes, and shipping and handling charges. Discount code cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash, or combined with any other offer or promotion. Please note that the Kinect price listed on the Microsoft Store website represents an estimate only at this time as the official pricing has not yet been announced.

Almost as good as $10 off future purchase w/ Tony Hawk Ride Pre-Order.

Wait, sorry, I got my overpriced peripherals mixed up. #-o

[quote name='sadakou']Almost as good as $10 off future purchase w/ Tony Hawk Ride Pre-Order.

Wait, sorry, I got my overpriced peripherals mixed up. #-o[/QUOTE]

haha. can i ask what the price is for kinect? it hasn't been confirmed? do you work for them and know it?

Even MS had it listed for $149 but they've since taken it down.
$149.99 with no games is not a purchase for me. I'd rather buy a few other games I can use with the controllers I already own. Or maybe I'll just buy Rockband 3 that I can play with 4+ people....

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Even MS had it listed for $149 but they've since taken it down.
$149.99 with no games is not a purchase for me. I'd rather buy a few other games I can use with the controllers I already own. Or maybe I'll just buy Rockband 3 that I can play with 4+ people....[/QUOTE]

lol.. that still have it listed as 150.. "a final price has not been revealed" says something along that.. -.-

I agree, without games very few people are going to buy it. There's a fine line for developers, because camera-only games inherently don't have a large consumer base.

The original LIVE Vision Camera was a real flop, and the 2 games (You're in the Movies & TotemBall) are lame. The video chat is only usable if a friend also had one.

There's a good chance Kinect is going to play out the same way, despite the PR hype and advertising.

Note that Microsoft Store has horrible pricing on software. They usually sell games at a price higher than MSRP.
You wouldn't be saving, but actually losing.

Plus, based on my experience with Kinect on E3, it really seemed incomplete. The most noticeable problem was the delay. It was meant to play casual games.
Wait for what the critics and early adapters say about it. For now, you'd be better off buying a Wii.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Note that Microsoft Store has horrible pricing on software. They usually sell games at a price higher than MSRP.
You wouldn't be saving, but actually losing.

Plus, based on my experience with Kinect on E3, it really seemed incomplete. The most noticeable problem was the delay. It was meant to play casual games.
Wait for what the critics and early adapters say about it. For now, you'd be better off buying a Wii.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, from what I played at E3 I made me even more confused. The games seemed like higher quality XBL games and nothing more. Plus the delay was pretty terrible. It was like a half second or more, easily. Kinectimals seemed kind of cool but I don't have any 3-year-olds in my house.
Like I said, I'd rather spend the $150 + $40-60 for one Kinect game on Rock Band 3 or even some 7.1 Surround Sound headsets from Turtle Beach.

i'd love to buy a few if the price wasn't so high, if they can actually put out games to actually be able to compete against the wii =|

bread's done
Back