Microsoft Store: Pre-order select 2013 titles, get 1600 MSP (GTA V, Gears, more)

[quote name='Dund3r']Not a bad deal, but I'd rather have the $20 bonus from Best Buy that applies to most of these titles.[/QUOTE]
Wheres the best buy deal?

[quote name='litepink']I've purchased two pre-orders from MS Store; selected the cheapest (free) delivery both times and they arrived on release day both times. Some share this same experience while others have had to wait several days.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing. I might just risk it then. If anything I could just redbox it or do a buy/return.

Should've ordered Dishonored then.

I'm looking at this since I went with Newegg for my last order. There's no extra $10 coupon this time though. How is MS' s shipping times like?

People who find better deals on GTA5 or Bioshock preorders, please keep us in the loop. Other than point styled/coupons only BB/Kmart do.

Hopefully Newegg goes above and beyond a couple bucks ofc.

[quote name='litepink']I've purchased two pre-orders from MS Store; selected the cheapest (free) delivery both times and they arrived on release day both times. Some share this same experience while others have had to wait several days.[/QUOTE]

Did you preorder months ahead of time or near release?

i used my forza horizon $10 off on halo 4 pre order got the $10 off code in half a week. and halo 4 came out 2 weeks after horizon so i pre ordered a week and a half before release and got release day

[quote name='boris1']i used my forza horizon $10 off on halo 4 pre order got the $10 off code in half a week. and halo 4 came out 2 weeks after horizon so i pre ordered a week and a half before release and got release day[/QUOTE]

Nice. I ask because some companies, or at least half the time, send shipping orders out faster for more recent preorders stacked up than those from months beforehand. Or it might just be luck.

These games on release or a day after would be sweet to get though. I can deal with 2-3 days. Week-2 weeks some people get though make me sort of not trust MS not to botch up.

Anyone know what the expiration date was on the first set of deals from last fall? I tried using the 1600 mspt code and the $10 off code on one of the pre-orders and the code was invalid. Did I mess up by waiting this long?

[quote name='Sutarion']Anyone know what the expiration date was on the first set of deals from last fall? I tried using the 1600 mspt code and the $10 off code on one of the pre-orders and the code was invalid. Did I mess up by waiting this long?[/QUOTE]

They expired on December 31st...sorry...

Bummer! Thanks for the info. I held onto the emails, but the email didn't mention an expiration. I must be spoiled by Amazon having 1 year+ on their promo expirations.

[quote name='Sutarion']Bummer! Thanks for the info. I held onto the emails, but the email didn't mention an expiration. I must be spoiled by Amazon having 1 year+ on their promo expirations.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem, the email with the codes does not have an expiration date, it doesn't even warn you they expire. I tried to get my 1600 points the other day and wouldn't let me. I called Microsoft and asked for a supervisor and they were no help.. They are pretty shady.

Has anyone attempted to preorder this for GTA V?  I was expecting a line item mentioning the free 1600 MSP, but see nothing about it at all in the cart before checking out.  Kind of afraid to preorder there if I'm not guaranteed the 1600 points.  I've used this deal on several previous games and there was always a line item that said something along the lines of "1600 MSP Coupon" for $19.99 and then had it discounted before the final total of $59.99.  Just curious if they changed the way they did things or what?  Appreciate the help.

Has anyone attempted to preorder this for GTA V? I was expecting a line item mentioning the free 1600 MSP, but see nothing about it at all in the cart before checking out. Kind of afraid to preorder there if I'm not guaranteed the 1600 points. I've used this deal on several previous games and there was always a line item that said something along the lines of "1600 MSP Coupon" for $19.99 and then had it discounted before the final total of $59.99. Just curious if they changed the way they did things or what? Appreciate the help.
Limit 3 per customer. I don't have the line in my order for my GTAV order for whatever reason. I used the deal one other time with Bioshock Infinite. I saved a printout of the product page with the offer just in case the code doesn't come.

new MS deals aren't quite as sweet.  I just noticed that they're giving a $10 gift card instead of 1600ms pts ($20 value) on several games.  I guess it's better than preordering without a deal, but definitely not as good as it was. 

The value of the new $10 deal compared to 1600 MSP depends on how easy it will be to get discounted Microsoft dollars instead of points.  It was not too hard to get 1600 points by only spending about $10 in the past, so this deal may actually be pretty similar in value to most people on this website.  I am assuming that Microsoft gift cards will now not be on sale nearly as much or as often as Microsoft points are/used to be. 

To the average person who was paying full price for MSP's, this deal is definitely not as good.

The only super deal I ever got on points was the MS Store fiasco.  I usually paid $12-$15 for 1600pts, so the $10 deal is definitely not as good for me.

bread's done
Back