Microsoft store sale XBOX ONE games @ 30$

I've tried 3 credit Cards and my Paypal and this stupid store wont take any of them,.
You didn't by chance take part in the $5 MS Point card fiasco last year? If so, your account may still be restricted. I had to go through 3 different CSRs 6 months after that ordeal just to use their store :(

i'm pretty sure they price match the prices on their site if it isn't the same in-store. i did that once
They do.

As far as I know, it's only supposed to be Tomb Raider and Thief starting tomorrow, although the wording might from Major Nelson leaves a little room to be optimistic.

Yeah, I would have bit on digital versions of AC IV and Ghosts because I'm apparently $55 worth of too lazy to put in a damn disc, but I also see them as $60 each.  Way to fully embrace the digital future, MS!

Lol I'll never understand how some people see some games on sale and jump to X1 is a failure and somehow see games being on sale as a bad thing.  Is the PS4 outselling the X1?  Yes but no ones cares except for the fanboys who think one console selling more than another means anything.  They are both selling extremely well and older games go on sale constantly on all systems.

So Microsoft store is selling the download for $60 and the disc for $30, I thought they wanted to push digital.  Missed opportunity. I would like to go digital with the xbox one actually, but it will be much more expensive so far.

BF4 or COD ghosts....are either one of these games worth buying for Xbox One? BF4 I'm sure has more problems than BF3 at this point and Ghosts is just like every other COD before it....Despite the affordable prices, I need convincing!

Also- AC:Black Flag Xbox 360 compared to Xbox One- big difference in graphics or is it minimal? I have it on 360 already and could potentially upgrade if its worth it.

BF4 or COD ghosts....are either one of these games worth buying for Xbox One? BF4 I'm sure has more problems than BF3 at this point and Ghosts is just like every other COD before it....Despite the affordable prices, I need convincing!

Also- AC:Black Flag Xbox 360 compared to Xbox One- big difference in graphics or is it minimal? I have it on 360 already and could potentially upgrade if its worth it.
In my opinion, Ghosts is only fun if you play with friends, but even then it's a pain in the ass having the enemy team spawn right behind you when you're on a kill streak. I haven't had much of a chance to assess BF, but I do know it's riddled with problems. The game looks great though. ACIV looks amazing. I love the visuals, the game is fun as hell to top it off, and I do believe the differences in graphics are noticeable between 360 and X1 - not drastic, but enough to make you appreciate it.

These games are all last gen ports and have been on sale cheaper...Sony has knack and Killzone around this price before and yet those are their exclusives, lol.

Anyone who thinks the Xbox One is actually going to flop is an idiot. This was their most successful launch to date. I love my ps4, but the X1 gets more playtime from me right now.

Does anyone remember a system that came out 8 years ago called the..what was it? Oh yeah, ps3. That thing had an official price drop within a year, it ended up having its infrastructure hacked and no one wanted the thing when it launched. That thing ended up flopping and never regained a stride!
The difference with the PS3 is that PlayStation has a rabid fanbase (many carried over from the wildly successful PS2).

Also, despite the fact that PS3 had massive failures in its first few years, it still managed to outsell the 360 every year. The same can't be said for the Xbone.

my cousin has AC IV and it looks incredible. I've never played an AC game before but I want to give this one a shot after seeing him play it.
I actually just saw a comparison video on youtube and AC5 on X1 does look significantly better. That being said, it is just an upgraded visual difference really. However, my jaw dropped when I saw the difference with the plants and leaves...it's night and day. I'll keep my 360 version though since I was more concerned that I was missing more features, rather than the graphical difference.

The new AC game this year will be even better I'm sure and it's being made just for next-gen consoles.

Game sales have been happening for both the Xbox One and Playstation 4, and it's not a bad sign for either one. Games have been going on sale a few months after release for several years now. I figured that out with the first Assassin's Creed.

It's great to see retailers are going to do the same sales practices with this generation that they did with last generation.

I'm in the same boat. I had AC4 on 360 and I loved it and I know the graphics are way better on the XB1. However, I was half way through the game when I upgraded to XB1 and I don't feel like going through it all again. Great deal though.

Game sales have been happening for both the Xbox One and Playstation 4, and it's not a bad sign for either one. Games have been going on sale a few months after release for several years now. I figured that out with the first Assassin's Creed.

It's great to see retailers are going to do the same sales practices with this generation that they did with last generation.
Nintendo PU... I mean Wii U game prices are still too damn high. Not that the Nintendo Cult members care anyway.

They are probably going to dump the Xbox one and come out with their real all digital console come September.
Or just sell off the xbox brand, I can't present any evidence, but it's the kind of irreponsibile swerve I'd expect from them. Maybe Google will take it and rebrand it as the G Unit?

Or just sell off the xbox brand, I can't present any evidence, but it's the kind of irreponsibile swerve I'd expect from them. Maybe Google will take it and rebrand it as the G Unit?
MS will not let the Xbox brand go to Google, one of their competitors. Notice how much of the focus on Xbox One is based around your living room or media room. Why would they give up the Xbox brand when they have the opportunity to expand into more homes than ever before? The two people within MS that recommended MS drop Xbox (& Bing as well) were both shuffled to new and outside positions within the company after those statements were made- proving just how outlandish that idea was. If MS ever decided to do something along those lines, there would be an unprecedented backlash likely and the company's image would hit a new low.

You have a better chance of watching Sega re-launch a new console than watching MS throw in the towel on Xbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame, none of the deals are First party games for MS. For 3rd party support, gonna go only wait for PS4 deals, while Wii U and Xbox One, for first party exclusives.

Prices are high, but their TIVs are pretty high too. I'm not parting with my SM3dWorld even though I could get 40 in TIV.
If Nintendo games don't get the same kind of sales then that's probably why. I figure retailers now have sales so quickly because after a month or two they have to start competing with the used game market. If there is barely a Nintendo used game market then retailers don't have as much reason to lower prices.

Ghost has clearly not been as successful as other games in the series. The fact it has been on sale for all platforms almost weekly is evidence of that.
Hit the nail on the head. My thoughts exactly. I've never seen a CoD title since the original Modern Warfare that didn't hold significant value until the next release (and for quite awhile AFTER the next year's release) like Ghosts. I think maybe their sales expectations were a little too lofty. Somebody will eventually dethrone CoD. Battlefield has tried and failed too many times. Titanfall won't do it until they're multiplatform. But something's really got to give with this series.

Just to comment, Best Buy price matched COD Ghosts for me last night. Was hoping the GCU discount would kick in to, but apparently it doesn't stack when you do a price match.

Just to comment, Best Buy price matched COD Ghosts for me last night. Was hoping the GCU discount would kick in to, but apparently it doesn't stack when you do a price match.
Did they get your number/card first? In the past I have been able to PM and then get GCU as well but you have to give them your GCU card AFTER the PM is done. If they zap your card first you get the 20% but then it gets wiped out since you are PMing to a lower amount.

Hit the nail on the head. My thoughts exactly. I've never seen a CoD title since the original Modern Warfare that didn't hold significant value until the next release (and for quite awhile AFTER the next year's release) like Ghosts. I think maybe their sales expectations were a little too lofty. Somebody will eventually dethrone CoD. Battlefield has tried and failed too many times. Titanfall won't do it until they're multiplatform. But something's really got to give with this series.
I don't think another FPS will beat it in sales. COD will have to kill itself. It will probably be up to fans or show some COD engine fatigue. Black Ops 2 was a start downhill, and now Ghosts becomes a trend down. The series is no longer fresh to its fan base, so I'm interested to see how they react in this next game.

For those of you who may jump on this great deal, remember you can get 4% back using Fatwallet.

I know I got back $2.25 for buying 2 games.   It'd really shine if you bought that XB1 with Titanfall ($18 back).

Did they get your number/card first? In the past I have been able to PM and then get GCU as well but you have to give them your GCU card AFTER the PM is done. If they zap your card first you get the 20% but then it gets wiped out since you are PMing to a lower amount.
you're not supposed to get the PM and the GCU 20% discount. It is extremely YMMV, if anyone has, and would require a manager override.

Never had to get a manager override for anything other than the PM.  Once the PM was done (after the manager approved it) they totalled it up and I said oh I forgot to have you scan my card, zap 20% off the PM price.  This may or may not work anymore as it has been more than a month since I last did it but it definitely used to work.  If they scan your card at any point other than after the PM it will definitely not work.  As you said though YMMV just giving people a heads up.

AC IV was my first AC game and it was pretty amazing. I actually loved the sailing. While I didn't collect everything, I think I stopped playing after about 40 hrs and 95% completion (inside the game, not achievements). I have to fire it up again and see if there's a new community challenge.

I also really liked the single player for Ghosts and Battlefield 4. I didn't really play much MP for either, as it's not what I prefer; BF4 was my first in that series and I hadn't played too much COD before (mostly just COD 3 co-op with my brother).

Except for Titanfall, that's just fantastic smeared with awesome-sauce.
ACIV is amazing and also my first venture into the series. I've been taking my time with it, playing it between other games here and there. Wasn't even really tempted by Best Buy's $45 TIV two weeks ago (though if I had known the game would be $30 at MS Store now I might have). I've actually never really enjoyed COD but if you're looking at single player BF4 was very weak. I just started working my way through Ghost last night and so far I've enjoyed it more than I have the COD games before (Modern Warfare being the only exception). So far feels like they have gotten rid of a lot of the really stupid shit that I hated in previous games, but everyone else seemed to like.

i'm pretty sure they price match the prices on their site if it isn't the same in-store. i did that once
Yes, they will match their online prices. Oh Black Friday 2012 and the Mall of America Microsoft Store, you were my friend.

The difference with the PS3 is that PlayStation has a rabid fanbase (many carried over from the wildly successful PS2).

Also, despite the fact that PS3 had massive failures in its first few years, it still managed to outsell the 360 every year. The same can't be said for the Xbone.
The PS3 did not outsell the 360 every year. I think the last year is the only year they sold more units, and it is certainly arguable that at that point it was a lot of people who had owned a 360 buying a PS3 because the price had come down a lot making it more reasonable to own both.

Either way, the Wii outsold both systems by a wide margin. Obviously this means that the Wii was the best system last generation. Numbers don't lie. 40% of people know that.

They are probably going to dump the Xbox one and come out with their real all digital console come September.
No way. They're clearing out these obsolete Xbones so they can release the new and improved Xbod. It comes with 8 Kinect units that you put all all over the room, much like a surround system. This glorious setup not only reads your voice and movements, but can read your mind! Just imagine, no more having to go through the laborious and monumental task of actually pushing buttons or the tedious process of saying things; just THINK about how fun it would be to play Dance, Dance Beiber and magically you're online with 4 year old kids, jumping and flailing away with joy! Just THINK about fantasy basket weaving, and all your favorite star's stats come up instantly! Amazing! MSRP on this world-changing package will be a bargain at only $1999.99! :whee: :whee: :whee:

I don't think another FPS will beat it in sales. COD will have to kill itself. It will probably be up to fans or show some COD engine fatigue. Black Ops 2 was a start downhill, and now Ghosts becomes a trend down. The series is no longer fresh to its fan base, so I'm interested to see how they react in this next game.
Oh, I think I can make a prediction.

They will announce at E3 this year that their new game for this Fall, whatever it's going to be called, will feature full dedicated server match hosting.

The reason they will do this is because thousands of their fans, after having experienced what dedicated servers can do for a high-speed FPS after playing Titanfall, will be threatening to "break up" with CoD if they can't in the very least match this new feature.

So after stockpiling billions in cash and pointing and laughing at requests for dedicated servers for the past eight years, they will finally announce this move only after their competition forces them to do so.

The sad thing is, this will successfully lure many people into paying $110 for another year of their game + season passes.

I decided to order AC4 - the graphics looks sweet and I hadn't yet picked it up for the 360.  I played through 1 and 2 but not the last three games (Brotherhood, Revelations and III ).   Story wise I hope I won't be missing anything... 

So much debate on the fate of the XB1. It's a decent sale on some older XB1 release titles. That's it. Chill.
listen to skeeter , he knows , honk honk

could also be clearing out old stock

RIP Sony stores would have probably done the same thing , wish they didn't go out of business

I want discount PS4 games

Oh, I think I can make a prediction.

They will announce at E3 this year that their new game for this Fall, whatever it's going to be called, will feature full dedicated server match hosting.

The reason they will do this is because thousands of their fans, after having experienced what dedicated servers can do for a high-speed FPS after playing Titanfall, will be threatening to "break up" with CoD if they can't in the very least match this new feature.

So after stockpiling billions in cash and pointing and laughing at requests for dedicated servers for the past eight years, they will finally announce this move only after their competition forces them to do so.

The sad thing is, this will successfully lure many people into paying $110 for another year of their game + season passes.
I can see this happening. Titanfall opened the door for them to say screw it to Single Player. They may even go Free to Play for the base and then nickle and dime us with guns and stages.

CoD Arena - Fall 2014.

I can see this happening. Titanfall opened the door for them to say screw it to Single Player. They may even go Free to Play for the base and then nickle and dime us with guns and stages.

CoD Arena - Fall 2014.
If they go F2P, then I'm outta here. Any game where performance is not based on skill and instead based on spending money to get better weapons/abilities/shields/etc. is crap. That's why I stopped playing Happy Wars. Was enjoyable at first, then started encountering people with weapons that can kill 3 people instantly with one hit. fuck that.

After taking some time to read this thread, wow, lots of haters still coming by X1-related articles to spread FUD, aren't there?

Sale prices on five-month old games are not new or surprising in any way at all.  It's business as usual.  In fact, this is actually great timing for MS, because they just had a bunch of new people buy the console for Titanfall.  Their annual post-winter sale will have many more potential shoppers because of this.

TF is a great game, but it likely won't be enough to keep gamers entertained until the Fall shopping season rolls around.  MS is making games available at solid pricing both for those who bought on launch and are bargain-hunting and for the new fans who jumped in over the last few weeks.

I decided to order AC4 - the graphics looks sweet and I hadn't yet picked it up for the 360. I played through 1 and 2 but not the last three games (Brotherhood, Revelations and III ). Story wise I hope I won't be missing anything...
I haven't played any of the games and am enjoying myself. I did read up on the overall arching story of the series on Wikipedia as I had no idea what was going on the first time I "came out of the pirate world." Other than that...

listen to skeeter , he knows , honk honk

could also be clearing out old stock

RIP Sony stores would have probably done the same thing , wish they didn't go out of business

I want discount PS4 games
I totally forgot Sony store went out of business lately. Shines an extra funny light on the whole, "this is proof that X1 is a failure because Microsoft is selling half a year old games at a sale price!" people. Sony's physical stores literally just went belly up.

microsoft are bascailly showing confidence in these sales they know they are still making profit. you give me a free game and 50 bucks chances are i'm going to pick up another title used or buy another game new that same day plus probally going with a season pass or to just because you gave me a free game and 50 i feel like that extra i wanted to spend anyway was just.

the quicker they get it into peoples hands and cheaper it entices them to buy more.

microsoft are bascailly showing confidence in these sales they know they are still making profit. you give me a free game and 50 bucks chances are i'm going to pick up another title used or buy another game new that same day plus probally going with a season pass or to just because you gave me a free game and 50 i feel like that extra i wanted to spend anyway was just.

the quicker they get it into peoples hands and cheaper it entices them to buy more.
I agree totally. I know I just picked up ACIV and guess what, I got the season pass with it, which in essence, I have a boatload of content for the game to last me for quite a while and cheaper than buying it at MSRP.

CoD Arena - Fall 2014.
What do you mean? We haven't even seen sales numbers for TF yet and you think it's going to influence how activision handles COD? Get outta here....

What do you mean? We haven't even seen sales numbers for TF yet and you think it's going to influence how activision handles COD? Get outta here....
Activision has been wanting to jettison in for a long time but felt they had to have that checkbox. It costs a ton of money, eats resources and most people don't even play it. Back in the day I remember IW talking about the completion rate for just the first level of COD4 being something crazy low (like well below 50%) of all unique players.

bread's done
Back