Microsoft to beat Sony and Nintendo!!!

oasisboy

Banned
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/746/746196p1.html

Yoshiyuki Kinoshita, a research analyst for Merrill Lynch's Japan branch, believes the Xbox 360 will rule the console roost for the next five years. A report in the International Business Times holds some surprising predictions for the future of the three next-gen consoles.

"The winner in the next-generation console battle is likely to be the Xbox 360, which is the leader in North America, the world's biggest market," said Kinoshita.

Merrill Lynch forecasts that in 2011, the 360 will hold a 39% share of the international market, with PS3 at 34% and the Wii trailing with a respectable 27%. This would make for a stark turn as the PS2 has enjoyed a 69% share of the worldwide market.

Microsoft's weak spot remains Japan. According to the report, Sony will continue to own the land of the rising sun with a 57% market share, while Wii follows with a 39% share. No share numbers for the Xbox 360 were offered, which seems about right for Microsoft's future in Japan.

As for North America, which has grown to become the most significant territory for console and software sales, Merrill Lynch predicts Microsoft will have a profound lead by 2011. The firm reports Microsoft will have hold of 50% of the North America market while Sony is expected to have just a 27% share. Nintendo follows closely behind with a 23% hold in North America.

No numbers were provided for Europe, but it is believed the fight between Sony and Microsoft will be fierce. With the delay of the PS3 until at least March in Europe, the door is open for Microsoft to lay claim as the next-gen leader.

I actually like that possibility. I don't care who comes in first or last, I like the fairly (or at least moreso) even market share. Bodes well for everyone.

I love it's a Japanese guy picking a console that has sold about seven systems in Japan. It's got a chance but it's way too early in the game to call the race for any one horse.

I honestly don't see the point in these analysts' predictions. Exactly what are they basing their predictions on? The current sales numbers? Pfft... for all we know, Sony will retain the crown because they are Sony.

[quote name='oasisboy']
"The winner in the next-generation console battle is likely to be the Xbox 360, which is the leader in North America, the world's biggest market," said Kinoshita.
[/quote]
Could the reason the 360 is the leader in NA be because not one Wii or PS3 has been sold yet?

[quote name='crazytalkx']Way too early to make predictions. Nobody thought the DS was going to do much but here we are.[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly. Counting on Nintendo coming in last after what happened with the DS vs the PSP doesn't seem like a good idea. Nintendo has proven that inovative control can trump horsepower and graphics, and the Wii could prove the same. I also don't know if you can count the 360 as a huge success even here. It may have a 100% market share in the next gen, but that will end next week. Also, everyone I know with a 360 has an xbox as well, so at this point it's largely keeping it's own market share. So although I think that the playing field will be more even, the past proves that it is far to early to call anything.

I follow trends very closely. In Ecuador, 3 people own the 360 and I know 2 people have already pre-ordered the PS3. Extrapolating this data to the rest of the world, I am fairly certain the 360 will have the market share over the next few years (nobody has heard of the Wii in Ecuador, probably because they don't use the letter "W" in their language very often).

Ya I just watched Bill Gates biography lol...just wait till Microsoft buys the whole video gaming companies xD

bread's done
Back