Microsoft Wants $1250 for a In Game Gold-Plated Lancer Assault Rifle, WTF?

meta460085

CAGiversary!
I have a redicoulous back catalog of games i've yet to play. I purchase Gears of War 2 on launch from Amazon and I am just getting around to playing it today. Upon opening my collectors edition of GOW2 I go straight for the voucher with the download codes for Flashback Map Pack and the Gold-Plated Lancer Assault Rifle. The Map Pack worked fine but I kept getting and invalid code messege for the Lancer. I did research and found that there were problems with some codes but that the lancer became a free download to all via the Xbox Live Marketplace Via your browser only, meaning it has to be done from your computer NOT the Console. I went to the site ( http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/g...sb=1&did=0ccf0001-0000-4000-8000-00004d53082d ) and found that not only was it NOT free but the want 99999 Microsoft space bucks for it. Thats $1250. WTF is going one? 1250 dollars for a digital gun for GOW2? Ontop of that my code still doesnt work.:bomb:

I'm in for 2.

I think thats what MS prices things they don't want you to buy. Things like free preorder/promos that you need a code for.

[quote name='Puffa469']I'm in for 2.

I think thats what MS prices things they don't want you to buy. Things like free preorder/promos that you need a code for.[/QUOTE]

But CAN you buy it? Is actually possible to purchase it for said amount? Wanna try< lol

[quote name='meta460085']But CAN you buy it? Is actually possible to purchase it for said amount? Wanna try< lol[/QUOTE]

Only suckers pay full price for their MS points.
That Lancer is only going to cost me $800 tops.

I bet if someone actually bought it MS would ban their gamertag/account

I wonder how long it would take to input all the codes to get to 99,999 points? If you buy points direct with a credit card, is their a limit to how many you can buy at once? I think the biggest prepaid card is only 4,000 points, that's 25 codes to input.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']It's gold-plated. That shit's swank.[/QUOTE]

Too bad noone uses Lancers online. Isn't it all shotty's and snipers?

The Golden Lancer was a free promotional item.
[quote name='Puffa469']Too bad noone uses Lancers online. Isn't it all shotty's and snipers?[/QUOTE]
No.

Hot Diggity Damn! That's almost a Xbox 360 selling point! Im tempted to pick up a 360 just for that great of a deal.

I take it nobody remembers why this was done, it was during that screw up that gave a ton of people a free lancer when it was supposed to be a special thing, so to stop people from downloading they jacked up the price sky high. I thought they would eventually have brought it back to normal, guess not :p

you dont have it?
tmp_jkWiH.jpg

[quote name='coolsteel']I take it nobody remembers why this was done, it was during that screw up that gave a ton of people a free lancer when it was supposed to be a special thing, so to stop people from downloading they jacked up the price sky high. I thought they would eventually have brought it back to normal, guess not :p[/QUOTE]

"normal" means it's only available in the LE. It came up for purchase as a complete fluke on the xbl site a few months back and many people were able to get it for free. What the OP reports is nothing new. It's been 99,999 points for a long time since the glitch.

got a question: when playing online, if you picked up a dropped golden lancer or golden hammerburst, do you get to keep it? vice-versa, when playing online, if you dropped your golden lancer or golden hammerburst, do you lose it?

they jacked up the micro points on it cause it was a mistake to post it on the site so instead of them removin it the jacked up the points is what I was told in there forum :\

[quote name='CandyKisses']they jacked up the micro points on it cause it was a mistake to post it on the site so instead of them removin it the jacked up the points is what I was told in there forum :\[/QUOTE]

Did you really need to bump up a thread from 6 months ago to tell us something that was already said?

bread's done
Back