Microsoft Work and Play bundle

gindias

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (89%)
I was looking to renew our 365 subscription for the kids and noticed MS changed this bundle. They swapped out the music pass for a $60 MS gift card. I know upfront this isn't the best deal in town but for anyone needing to renew their office subscription it's basically paying $50 for a year of gold, $60 GC and a 12 month Skype card that is selling for around $30 on eBay possibly making the deal even better.

Sorry if this is common knowledge but searching the forum didn't turn up anything on this.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Microsoft-Work--Play/productID.317300400?icid=Office_WorkPlay_pdp_offertext_V2_042715

Microsoft Work & Play
$149.00
(Save over $210 vs. purchasing separately)
Microsoft Work & Play* includes one-year subscriptions to:
Office 365 Home
Wi-Fi + Skype Unlimited World
Xbox Live Gold
Bonus Gift:
$60 Bonus Gift Card

Last edited by a moderator:
Can the gift card be used on Xbox Live? Or just disc games from the Microsoft store?
www.microsoftstore.com said:
[4] Redeem by October 31, 2015 and spend within 365 days of redemption. Redeem to your U.S. Microsoft account. Must be 13+. For eligible purchases (exclusions apply) at select Xbox stores, the Windows Phone Store, the Windows Store, and other participating Microsoft online stores. Geography limitations and balance restrictions apply. Paid subscriptions required for some content. Taxes may apply. Subject to full terms at www.microsoft.com/giftcard. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Issued by and ©/™/® Microsoft Corp., a Washington Corporation, and/or its affiliates.

From the website,

$60 Bonus Gift Card
Crank up the fun with movies, TV shows, music, games, apps, and more from Windows Store or Xbox stores. With thousands of apps, games, and movies to pick from,

The nice thing about working for a University is free licenses to many office productivity software. Nice deal if you need too buy it anyway I guess.

The faq says the skype promo is a code, anyone know the msrp on that is? They don't say if the gold and $60 is online code or physical cards though. 1 year expiration on the $60, but not a big deal.

If that office 365 is physical, which I don't think it is, and I knew how much the skype was worth, I would think about picking this up. Sell some stuff off to break even, and keep some stuff.

There is a seller on ebay selling office 365 home for 1 year $69 physical key card code. Office 365 personal are being sold at $25 a pop.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back