Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium System - Recertified - $200 at buy.com

I have bought from Buy.com before and never had a problem. I already have a 360 so I will pass but if I didn't, I would be on this like white on rice. . .

[quote name='Bojizzle']If it's recertified is it still covered under manufacturer's warranty?[/QUOTE]

I dont think so, on a few other sites that sell this same recertified/refurb 360 (model #) it says limited warranty. I'm guessing 90 day.

I bought my 360 (halo one) from warehousedeals.com(amazon.com), It said used item, but I called them up and was assured that it was a new item, but the box was too damaged to sell. So I bought it and asked a lot of people here and otehr forums if it was a refurb. Supposedly a refurb has a different warranty sticker than a new one. I called microsoft and my warranty was full 3 yr rrod. But I don't trust refurbs, especially a 360! Doesn't that mean that at one time or another this 360 was broken and needed refurbishing? The only refurb I bought was a router from fry's, and I was sketchy about spending $15.

I think you would be better off buying a new 260 from ebay using Live Cashback rewards. Recertified 360's? New ones don't even work.

goodluck if you decide on this, i got in in the refurbs from microcenter a while back and thank god they had a 1 year warranty on that refurb, i had to get it replaced 3 times, and on the 4th try they were totally out of refurbs so i got a refund...that was all in the span of 8 months and very little use of those xbox's(i only played halo 3 and assasins creed)

Good deal if the console is reliable!

60 Day warranty through Buy.com. I was thinking of biting but that just doesn't seem safe to me. Perhaps MS will still honor the RROD 3 year warranty, but I am not willing to gamble $200 on getting a 360 that doesn't have chronic RROD issues. Very tempting in spite of the 60 day warranty though. If I already had a 360 I would consider this more. Have it as a backup, the hard drive and extra controller are almost worth it themselves.

i agree, i usually buy my consoles used (xbox1, ps, ps2, psp), but i bought my 360 new for the simple fact that they are (used to be?) somewhat unreliable. The warranty is totally worth it. Plus recertified/refurbished units have already had a problem. Who knows what the problem is, but still, refurbs tend to have a poorer track record.

My point of view, I would rather have a $200 console shit out on me than a $350 console, i might bite on this one

Honestly, if you're in the market for a 360, I'd wait until after E3 to buy one. There's a heavily rumored price cut just around the corner.

[quote name='Pojomofo']My point of view, I would rather have a $200 console shit out on me than a $350 console, i might bite on this one[/quote]

The 350 $ one has at least some protection. Also the new 360's are MUCH better. I would not spend 200 bucks on something with a 30% or higher fail rate.

[quote name='clevelandmvp']I thought Microsoft fixes RROD for free now, even if it isnt under warranty?[/quote]

Only for 3 years, and only if the case hasn't been opened. If these systems were repaired by someone other than MS, then the warranty is void.

[quote name='cozinator']Honestly, if you're in the market for a 360, I'd wait until after E3 to buy one. There's a heavily rumored price cut just around the corner.[/quote]

I'm guessing the Arcade bundle will drop to $200 while the Pro bundle will probably stick closer to $300. I had a 360 that I got from my friend that I fixed when he got RROD. It worked for about 6 months then crapped out (not surprised). If I can score a cheap arcade bundle then I will be set, but it'll have to be new. If there wasn't such a high failure rate I'd scoop this up in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Bojizzle']I'm guessing the Arcade bundle will drop to $200 while the Pro bundle will probably stick closer to $300. I had a 360 that I got from my friend that I fixed when he got RROD. It worked for about 6 months then crapped out (not surprised). If I can score a cheap arcade bundle then I will be set, but it'll have to be new. If there wasn't such a high failure rate I'd scoop this up in a heartbeat.[/quote]

I'm guessing it'll be a $50 price drop across the board.

Elite: $449.99 -> $399.99
Pro: $349.99 -> $299.99
Arcade: $279.99 -> $229.99

But who knows, they may drop it more to try to slow down Sony's momentum. But I'm definitely going to wait 3 weeks to find out. And I definitely want a Falcon chipset.

If these consoles had HDMI, they would be worth it, but unfortunately they don't. I wonder what company refurbished them?

This is a very nice deal, but I'm worried about RROD. Anyway, I'm trying to talk myself into, but I keep getting tax charges. I thought tax was free (I live in California). Any ideas? Here's my order summary:

Items: $189.99 *
Shipping FREE
Tax: $13.77
Order Total: $203.76

* I dropped the price $10 with a 5% off coupon I found online (just do Google search "Buy.com Coupon")

[quote name='dchrisd']This is a very nice deal, but I'm worried about RROD. Anyway, I'm trying to talk myself into, but I keep getting tax charges. I thought tax was free (I live in California). Any ideas? Here's my order summary:

Items: $189.99 *
Shipping FREE
Tax: $13.77
Order Total: $203.76

* I dropped the price $10 with a 5% off coupon I found online (just do Google search "Buy.com Coupon")[/quote]

Tax is only free if the business doesn't operate from within your state, which Buy.com does.

[quote name='jrr']Tax is only free if the business doesn't operate from within your state, which Buy.com does.[/QUOTE]

Sucks about the tax. Thanks for the reply.

I had a refurb unit from atomicdeals - It was working great for 4 months and got RRODed two days ago. Does not worth it since it sucks to get RRODed in the middle of a great COD4 match. I sent it to MS, and it will take 2-3 weeks to get back. COD4 on XBOX Live is like crack - dont start using it. I say get one of the new HDMI units that does not get RRODs. Despite the fact that MS fixes them for free, there is no guarantee it is not gonna happen again. I have a friend who sent his console 5 times last year. Wait and get new.

I'm nervous about RROD, but at $203 shipped, I went ahead and ordered. Eventhough a $50 price drop is likely to happen soon, the system is still about $100 cheaper than retail ($350 retail - $50 price drop - $200 paid = $100 difference). I figured that since I'm buying it at such a low price, that I should be able to trade it in for the eventual "more reliable model" at a short loss.

By the way, the next day, I got an email that it shipped. If anybody's interested, after it arrives, I'll post whether or not it has an intact warranty sticker and describe the general condition of the unit. Still in stock if anybody's interested.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']With the coming price drop and no HDMI it's a hard sell.[/quote]

Agreed. Make it $150 and you've got a deal.

I decided to bite on this. BIG MISTAKE. Just got mine and had problems right out of the box -- Console frequently freezes, overheats, garbled screen, controller synchs out, red rings, you name it.

Unless I get a workable replacement console, I'm done with Buy.com. I don't care if refurbished consoles are prone to problems, they shouldn't send out consoles that crap out upon receipt.

Dealing with Buy.com’s warranty company has been annoying so far. Spoke with "customer service" yesterday at noon. Told to forward proof of purchase which I did almost immediately. 24 hours later, I get a responsive email, asking for more information that could have easily been initially requested and that they already have (name, address, description of problem). Now, I'm probably going to have to wait another 24 hours for a reply.

Have you tried contacting Microsoft whether your refurbished console has the 3 year warranty?

[quote name='dchrisd']I decided to bite on this. BIG MISTAKE. Just got mine and had problems right out of the box -- Console frequently freezes, overheats, garbled screen, controller synchs out, red rings, you name it.

Unless I get a workable replacement console, I'm done with Buy.com. I don't care if refurbished consoles are prone to problems, they shouldn't send out consoles that crap out upon receipt.

Dealing with Buy.com’s warranty company has been annoying so far. Spoke with "customer service" yesterday at noon. Told to forward proof of purchase which I did almost immediately. 24 hours later, I get a responsive email, asking for more information that could have easily been initially requested and that they already have (name, address, description of problem). Now, I'm probably going to have to wait another 24 hours for a reply.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Marker']Have you tried contacting Microsoft whether your refurbished console has the 3 year warranty?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Decided to try Microsoft since Buy.com hasn't been too helpful. No luck. I gave Microsoft the serial, and was told that because the console was registered to somebody else (because its refurbished), the warranty does not transfer to the new buyer. If I want it fixed, I have to pay $100, will come with a 1 year warranty though.

LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE. STAY AWAY FROM BUY.COM REFURBISHED. DON'T BUY THEIR BROKEN PRODUCTS. A console should not be non-functional upon delivery.

[quote name='dchrisd']Yeah. Decided to try Microsoft since Buy.com hasn't been too helpful. No luck. I gave Microsoft the serial, and was told that because the console was registered to somebody else (because its refurbished), the warranty does not transfer to the new buyer. If I want it fixed, I have to pay $100, will come with a 1 year warranty though.

LEARN FROM MY EXPERIENCE. STAY AWAY FROM BUY.COM REFURBISHED. DON'T BUY THEIR BROKEN PRODUCTS. A console should not be non-functional upon delivery.[/QUOTE]

Update: They are now trying to make me pay the cost to ship the defective upon receipt item back to them -- Not going to happen.

Just want to give a people a heads-up about what they will have to deal with if they receive a broken product from this company (Xbox 360 or otherwise).

With Target's $25 Gift Card with $300 360 next week, it's probably better to just buy it new. It's only $75 more.

[quote name='Access_Denied']No box. :bomb: I'll just get my next 360 from ProtonX.[/quote]

why does the box matter? you cant play the box. i would say you could mash it up and get some fiber from it but that was mythbusted lol:bouncy:

[quote name='dchrisd']I decided to bite on this. BIG MISTAKE. Just got mine and had problems right out of the box -- Console frequently freezes, overheats, garbled screen, controller synchs out, red rings, you name it.

Dealing with Buy.com’s warranty company has been annoying so far. Spoke with "customer service" yesterday at noon. Told to forward proof of purchase which I did almost immediately. 24 hours later, I get a responsive email, asking for more information that could have easily been initially requested and that they already have (name, address, description of problem). Now, I'm probably going to have to wait another 24 hours for a reply.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, sorry to hear about it. Keep pressing them.

bread's done
Back