Microsoft Xbox Live Gold 12+1 Month $39.99 Shipped Free at NewEgg

Best Buy has the 12 month xbox live card (not sure yet if it has the throw in 13th month) on sale this week for $39.99 as well...

[quote name='TallGuyMe']Best Buy has the 12 month xbox live card (not sure yet if it has the throw in 13th month) on sale this week for $39.99 as well...[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I was just there yesterday. I'm up for renewal in Nov so I need to hop on one of these.

[quote name='TallGuyMe']Best Buy has the 12 month xbox live card (not sure yet if it has the throw in 13th month) on sale this week for $39.99 as well...[/QUOTE]

Ummm, no, according to their website and ad this week it's $50

They have a Dualshock 3 for 44.99 and free shipping as well, I saw it in another thread but figured it should be added here since it's already on the front page.

looks like the changed the item on new egg's site to the new 12 month cards (without the extra month for free)
did they stop making the 12+1 month cards already? they are hard to find now..

If you look at the card pictured, I think it's still 13 months, just different packaging and no longer labled as "12 + 1". The card has a sticker in the corner that says "1 Bonus Month of XBox Live Gold Included".

[quote name='teddybass']looks like the changed the item on new egg's site to the new 12 month cards (without the extra month for free)
did they stop making the 12+1 month cards already? they are hard to find now..[/quote]

If I buy this now and my xBox in a month, will I waste a month? Or do the months start ticking when I log into Live for the first time?

[quote name='BFS']If I buy this now and my xBox in a month, will I waste a month? Or do the months start ticking when I log into Live for the first time?[/quote]

time starts after you enter the code

This is their normal price at Newegg, I believe. I ordered one over a month ago at the same price. So no need to hurry.

good deal. I always end up waiting until my account expires and then pay full price. maybe I should be smart for once and buy this.

This is just a warning. Some of the 12 month cards from Newegg are showing up as 3months prepaid when you try to redeem the subscription. I'm a victim of this and it seems I'm not alone based on the reviews at Newegg. Currently doing an RMA replacement with Newegg. Not saying you shouldn't jump on this, but just fyi so it won't surprise you if it does happen :)

Do you think you'll end up getting the 3 months, and then an additional 12 + 1 months? If so, that sounds like a pretty sweet mistake to me!

[quote name='Pirate Ninja']This is just a warning. Some of the 12 month cards from Newegg are showing up as 3months prepaid when you try to redeem the subscription. I'm a victim of this and it seems I'm not alone based on the reviews at Newegg. Currently doing an RMA replacement with Newegg. Not saying you shouldn't jump on this, but just fyi so it won't surprise you if it does happen :)[/quote]

Great deal, but I don't think it beats the one I got for $28 off of Buy.com last year. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Pirate Ninja']This is just a warning. Some of the 12 month cards from Newegg are showing up as 3months prepaid when you try to redeem the subscription. I'm a victim of this and it seems I'm not alone based on the reviews at Newegg. Currently doing an RMA replacement with Newegg. Not saying you shouldn't jump on this, but just fyi so it won't surprise you if it does happen :)[/quote]
Based on the reviews it's MS's fuckup since the packaging says 12+1 but the card doesn't redeem that time.

Like another poster said it might actually be in your best interest to get a 3 month card by accident because you could redeem that + Newegg's replacement and get 16 months :)

[quote name='Eleo']Based on the reviews it's MS's fuckup since the packaging says 12+1 but the card doesn't redeem that time.

Like another poster said it might actually be in your best interest to get a 3 month card by accident because you could redeem that + Newegg's replacement and get 16 months :)[/quote]

Oh yes, it is definitely MS fault. Didn't mean to suggest it was Newegg's fault. The card is clearly labeled as 12+1 month, but the subscription code shows up as 3 month. Huge production error.

I was actually on the phone with Microsoft before I set up an RMA with Newegg. Wasted one hour just to get an apology, acknowledgement of the error, and a callback with a solution. All I wanted is the 12+1 months I paid for. Its been four days and I haven't received the callback. I've decided to deal with Newegg (painless; took less than 10 minutes) and not waste another hour on the phone with MS support.

Just got it in the mail and my code worked fine. It's also for the 12 monthe + 1 month of gold for anyone who was wondering.

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']If MS tells you they'll call you back, they are lying. I've heard it multiple times before and never received a single call.[/quote]

Actually, I did receive a callback... Seven days after, which they notified me that they fixed the problem.

The funny thing is MS actually fixed the problem faster than Newegg fulfilling the RMA. I'm expecting the Newegg replacement tomorrow. The 'defective' card was sitting in their warehouse for 11 days. Had to do the the live chat on the 5th and 11th day to get the ball rolling. My first bad experience with Newegg :(

I'm going to chalk this up as balancing for what used to be a 100% successful online purchasing rate.

bread's done
Back