Microsoft's official force feedback wheel for 360?

Anthony1

CAGiversary!
I'm trying to find the official wheel for the 360 for a cheap price. I could have sworn that some place was selling them brand new for $79.99 but I don't remember where it was. I was thinking of trying to find a used one on Craigslist, but kinda leery about buying a used wheel. I do remember that the first batch of wheels had some kind of problem with them, but don't remember how to spot whether the wheel is first or second batch. I was wondering if maybe some retailer out there had put this on clearance.

Bamp!

I was going to ask the same exact question just now, thankfully I searched first! Anyone have an answer to OP's questions? Please and thanks.:bouncy:

The First wheels had been known to catch fire. I do not however think its a problem anymore. Its been a long time since it was. 2 or 3 Years now? Anyways. I got mine on Craigslist for 40 dollars. No problems at all with it. Alot of people try to dump them on their because they cannot return them to gamestop. Most people hardly use it. Its a hardcore item to be honest.

o_O?! They seriously caught fire? That's nuts, way to go Microsoft. lol

I want one for Forza 3 and DiRT 2. I'd like to try it with Baja:EoC but I heard that you can't clutch and hand brake at the same time with the controls. So I'm not sure how it will work with that.

They were 79.99 on Amazon last night, but the bank was closed. When I woke up this morning Amazon raised the price to 89.99, do you think its still worth it? Also, do you know if they come with PGR3 still anymore?

[quote name='Hakudoshi']o_O?! They seriously caught fire? That's nuts, way to go Microsoft. lol

I want one for Forza 3 and DiRT 2. I'd like to try it with Baja:EoC but I heard that you can't clutch and hand brake at the same time with the controls. So I'm not sure how it will work with that.

They were 79.99 on Amazon last night, but the bank was closed. When I woke up this morning Amazon raised the price to 89.99, do you think its still worth it? Also, do you know if they come with PGR3 still anymore?[/QUOTE]

If your a hard core racing fan than ya... go for it!... If you think you may not be into it after a few hours.... try to find it on craigslist. I just checked my area and there are 4 listed for between 40 and 60 bucks. One for 35

[quote name='tattoojeep']If your a hard core racing fan than ya... go for it!... If you think you may not be into it after a few hours.... try to find it on craigslist. I just checked my area and there are 4 listed for between 40 and 60 bucks. One for 35[/QUOTE]
Just checked my local craigslist, one for 60 listed, called and its already sold. Besides that nothing else there, guess its off to the bank and -90 bucks. Cause I want one, I love racing games and think this might be what I need to get me back in the groove again.

Going to wait a few days I think before I order it. I went down and dropped the money in the bank just in case though.

So if anyone comes across a better deal than 89.99 with free shipping please post it here in the mean time. Going to keep a watch on Craigslist for a few days, and see if Amazon will drop the price back to 79.99 or not. With my luck, as soon as I ordered it they would drop the price again. >.

Keep your receipt for warranty - these things are hit or miss as far as durability is concerned.
Check the Xbox.com hardware peripherals forum for user feedback posts.

Force feedback on mine stopped working.
Sent in the official application for a retrofit, and never heard back from MS (4 months now.)
I won't buy another high-priced peripheral from them again, unless they make good.
Also realize that if the power brick fails, you probably won't be able to get a replacement; MS doesn't sell them seperately.

Really not in the mood to call them up either; had to do that to get my money back on a 360 that was scratching disks, which I then decided not to send in...but they charged my CC anyway even though I never sent it.
:/

Hmm, good point Deil... Problem is, every single place local to me seems to be out of stock, and besides that they are all carry them for 99.99 locally. So, I could likely get one for 100 bucks locally, but would rather save 20 bucks and order one... Then again, maybe its worth the extra 20 bucks? *headdesk*

bread's done
Back