MID WP800 8in 4GB Android 2.2 Media Tablet w/ Facebook App $89.99 Free Ship

This is a shitty tablet knockoff from China, made with cheap material to sell to gullible consumers. Only buy it if you're into terrible products that last a year, or expensive paperweights.

And how much you wanna bet that what you'd get doesn't even resemble the pic in the listing - which is an original iPad? Nice job, Chinese ripoff artists!

Not that I am trying to defend these Chinese rip off pads... but you all know that most parts in your android tablets and iPads are made in China, Korea or Taiwan? I love when people rip on an item because of its cheap parts but the factory across the street/path/jungle probably is making your iPad or iPhone. I hate all the above devices so I dont care - Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='titanzguard']Not that I am trying to defend these Chinese rip off pads... but you all know that most parts in your android tablets and iPads are made in China, Korea or Taiwan? I love when people rip on an item because of its cheap parts but the factory across the street/path/jungle probably is making your iPad or iPhone. I hate all the above devices so I dont care - Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]
While this is true, the "good" name brand stuff is built to a higher standard because of tighter QC and better manufacturing requirements. There's a large difference between "Made in China" and "Cheap Chinese knockoff".

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']While this is true, the "good" name brand stuff is built to a higher standard because of tighter QC and better manufacturing requirements. There's a large difference between "Made in China" and "Cheap Chinese knockoff".[/QUOTE]

I can agree to a point... But I have seen plenty of junk come from leading brands. We have all seen it. I personally dont think an iPad is worth the coin they ask for it but there are plenty of suckers buying. I would hope at that price they have good QC. Anyways, I dont care. Maybe this deal will help someone looking for a cheap tablet and hopefully it will give them plenty of life.

When it comes to tablets, if you want cheap, get a Fire. If you want expensive, get a Galaxy or an iPad. Don't bother with anything else.

if you are looking for a cheaper tablet, go with either the Fire as mentioned above, or I have a Coby Kyros MID 7024 with runs $139.99 on Amazon. A fairly good tablet that runs Android 2.2 and will work with Amazon's Android apps as well as Amazon MP3s and Kindle reader.

[quote name='abler']When it comes to tablets, if you want cheap, get a Fire. If you want expensive, get a Galaxy or an iPad. Don't bother with anything else.[/QUOTE]
Actually, from the people who have been able to get one it sounds like the ASUS Transformer Primes are pretty great, too.

But agreed on the general theme of this post. If you want a cheap Tablet, get a Kindle Fire. There's a lot of cheap and shoddy toys out there that are capitalizing on the Tablet craze.

[quote name='titanzguard']Not that I am trying to defend these Chinese rip off pads... but you all know that most parts in your android tablets and iPads are made in China, Korea or Taiwan? I love when people rip on an item because of its cheap parts but the factory across the street/path/jungle probably is making your iPad or iPhone. I hate all the above devices so I dont care - Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

:applause: i agree.

and jungle made me lol a little irl. :lol:

Also on the subject of cheap decent tablets there's the Nook Color which goes for $199 retail and I've seen refurbs go for as cheap as $129. If you don't mind reading up a bit, you can root it and put regular Android on it instead of the B&N specific version. I've done so and had mine for a year with no issues whatsoever. It's a great tablet for the price, especially if you use the cyanogen Android mod rom on it.

Thing is, there are cheap alternatives like the Nook and Fire that are known entities. This one sounds like a deal but it's totally unknown. I know the some of the cheap Chinese tablets are halfway decent but some are also nothing but problems so why chance it?

Also, the Ainol 7 inch Paladin which just came out has the latest Android 4.0 OS while most devices at this point don't and 2.2, which the tablet the OP posted about, is quite old and not designed for tablets. It sounds promising at $110 but I'd wait for some reviews to come in.

http://www.merimobiles.com/Ainol_NOVO_Knight_Paladin_Ice_Cream_Sandwich_4_0_p/meri0734.htm
http://www.pandawill.com/ainol-novo...-tablet-pc-7-inch-8gb-1080p-black-p54556.html

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']And how much you wanna bet that what you'd get doesn't even resemble the pic in the listing - which is an original iPad? Nice job, Chinese ripoff artists![/QUOTE]

I am unsure if you are referring to it's physical look or the GUI look. It's not a big deal, but that does not look like an iOS interface. It is running actual android 2.2. Granted it may not be using it legally/legit, more then likely it isn't. But the interface is not a knockoff on iOS. Granted the physical form factor most certainly is.

Many people call them that because these are usually worthless garbage. For instance every one of these tablets tend to be resistive touchscreens. These tend to track very poorly and require a stylus to do ANYTHING. Due to this most of the screens are also plastic over glass so it feels INSANELY cheap.

The OS is very dated. 2.2 was new in May 2010 and 4.0 is about to come out. Besides the Nookcolor I dont know a device that started on 2.2 and is still relevant (getting 4.0). This is very hard to jusify something that comes way out of date with no future. These chinese tablets tend not to update, plus the one I had had a smaller selection of apps than Web OS (zing? =P).

The camera is in an awful spot. When you look at the tablet directly it will show a segment of your face. To actually get your full face you will need to tilt the tablet roughly 40 degrees (okay thats a random sum, but it has to be quite slanted). Furthermore my tablet has a 1.2 MP camera and looks like shit... the last tablet I saw from a chinese company was like .2. This makes it almost beyond useless.

This doesn't support bluetooth so you will need to type on the actual device with no hopes of a future. It might have a hidden one like the Nookcolor, but they're marketing an E-reader app... so yeah.

Now a days you can get some solid tablets for OKAY prices... a prime example being the ASUS Transformer ($300) or Xoom Family Edition ($350). I've had both of these and can speak first hand... so to close off my argument.

So for 210 more you can get this...
  • Glass
  • Productivity Apps (both of these models come with a free office app)
  • Twice as much Ram
  • 4 times more storage
  • Can support twice as much from a memory card
  • Bluetooth
  • 2.1 inches bigger
  • Honeycomb with an update to Ice Cream Sandwich in the future
  • Back facing camera 5 mp (Xoom has a flash)
  • Higher quality front facing camera (Xoom has bad placement thats how I knew abut the face thing earlier. AKA it's in the same spot)
  • Doesn't make you look like a Ipad want to be.
  • More ports like HDMI
  • Nearly twice the resolution and feature an IPS screen (ala Ipad)
  • Has GPS
  • Need I go on?

Finally this is the video game forum... YES sometimes other stuff get's posted, but the HP Touchpad for instance was an INSANE (plus real) deal and deserved breaking the rules to inform people.

Note~ These opinions are based off what I've played of my brothers Panimage tablet (looks exactly the same) and my Asus Transformer/Xoom Family Edition tablets.

@ abler

They're all about the same, but Samsung has had some problems like all the rest. I found that it's all about what you're looking for and nothing else. Between my Asus, Nook, Xoom, Xoom Family I found minor differences which I liked over the other, but in the end they're the same.

bread's done
Back