Midnight Launch of GTA4: Spots and Locals

MatiasB

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey, I think it would be a good idea to have a topic to discuss places in canada where one could buy GTA 4 during a midnight launch. It's at lot less likely here in canada that we get events like this for games, especially with most of our game stores in malls. How about we speculate for now until we can confirm spots for each other.

This is only speculation as they haven't announced anything yet but i'd bet a pretty penny that the Best Buy in Dundas Squer will most probably be hosting a midnight launch for this game like they have with the consoles.

Once places are confirmed i'll update the first post to include them and there address. I live in toronto, so people mentioning other cities please have the full address for me to copy and paste or PM it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The EB Games at the Eaton Center in Toronto has said they're "most likely" doing a midnight launch. -Me

The Burnaby Bestbuy is having a midnight launch for GTA 4. - Stuttering Billy

Got a call today from EB games in Kildonan Place for those who live in Winnipeg. Midnight launch was confirmed and I imagine it to be the same for all EB's in Winnipeg. - imcrazy

All futureshops are open at midnight for one hour on Tuesday April 29 (except Sudbury). It's in this week's flyer!! Plus get a free hat with GTAIV the Futureshop on Queensway #633 especially. + At Queensway we'll have a PS3/Xbox gamertag exchange list so people can have a list of local people to play with!- Kathos

All 24/7 Walmarts - (Can anyone name some? at least in toronto.)

Special launch parties will occur in four major Canadian centres on April 28 from 9 PM until midnight. Each launch party will feature a dee-jay and demos of the latest PlayStation games. The four launch parties will occur in: Toronto (Yonge and Dundas store), Vancouver (Broadway store), Calgary (Northland store), and Edmonton (Calgary Trail South). Customers will have a chance to win a prize of a PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) at each of the four locations. -Best Buy PR?
EB Games Cornwall in Regina, SK - Centracore

EB Games at Polo Park (Winnipeg) will be doing a midnight launch.- Mrelusive

The EB in Kanata(ottawa I presume?) is holding a midnight launch.- Kekumba

I'll just wait 'till school's over. I won't lose precious sleep time for 2 hours of play on a game I preordered anyway. The long wait after the two hours would kill me anyway.

unless theres like limited supplies like a console launch, I dont really get the reason for a midnight launch, except for hype.

I'd be willing to bet that EBs will do midnight launches if they get enough pre-orders, like with other major titles. I think GTA 4 is big enough to warrant a midnight launch. I'll ask at my local EB the next time I'm in.

I hope eb games has a midnight release, as that would be the only time before the weekend that I would be able to pick it up. That is of course assuming I decide to stick with my pre-order (and not change it to something else). I'm still on the fence about this game.

[quote name='scary perry']sucks to be iron man (opening same weekend as GTA IV)

this is going to be bigger than Halo3 was.[/QUOTE]

going to be interesting to see who will sell more... halo 3 or gta 4. halo 3 sold an ass ton of copies, but gta 4 has the advantage of being multi-platform.

Yeah, you guys are getting revved up. I'll be the old man waiting in line at EB to get mine.

We should track swag too. Special shirts, codes, etc.

[quote name='smiggity']most 24 hr stores will sell them at midnight[/quote]

You've got to special order from the publisher to get games for a midnight release, most stores will get it mailed to them the day off, not the day before. But maybe who knows.

Blockbuster closes at midnight they probably would be willing to stay open a little to sell copies if they could.

I have been getting video games at 24hr Meijer for years..They will sell it to you after midnight, even if it is marked "dont sell till 2pm" or whatever. The employees there know nothing about video games

So let's get this straight: Will it release the 29th or the 30th? I heard a few people saying EB will release it on the 29th

The date I have is the 29th. Some EB stores will be doing midnight openings and some others will be opening early that morning.

[quote name='Ranzo']The date I have is the 29th. Some EB stores will be doing midnight openings and some others will be opening early that morning.[/quote]
hey nice to see you!
my local store's long time manager quit and i thought you might have done the same thing........

He was the manager for 7+years....now that store is going downhill...

[quote name='scary perry']this is going to be bigger than Halo3 was.[/quote]
Joke?

I doubt my EB will even have a midnight launch for GTA4.

[quote name='MatiasB']We're getting closer to the release date, anybody find out about any confirmed spots yet?[/quote]

The Burnaby Bestbuy is having a midnight launch for GTA 4.

Got a call today from EB games in Kildonan Place for those who live in Winnipeg. Midnight launch was confirmed and I imagine it to be the same for all EB's in Winnipeg.

I'm assuming the EB downtown at the Complexe D'Ailes is doing a midnight launch... they did for San Andreas IIRC, course that was a while ago...

EDIT: Never mind, No midnight launch for that store.

All futureshops are open at midnight for one hour on Tuesday April 29 (except Sudbury). It's in this week's flyer. Plus get a free hat with GTAIV.

[quote name='TripleQ']All futureshops are open at midnight for one hour on Tuesday April 29 (except Sudbury). It's in this week's flyer. Plus get a free hat with GTAIV.[/quote]

In Granby, QC (~50000 habs.), it opens at 8 AM for the occasion. Free hat offered too.

Asked about the midnight event and got this email reply:

Special launch parties will occur in four major Canadian centres on April 28 from 9 PM until midnight. Each launch party will feature a dee-jay and demos of the latest PlayStation games. The four launch parties will occur in: Toronto (Yonge and Dundas store), Vancouver (Broadway store), Calgary (Northland store), and Edmonton (Calgary Trail South). Customers will have a chance to win a prize of a PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) at each of the four locations.

Breaking news: Futureshop Queensway #633 is confirmed on a midnight launch even though we have like... 5 pre-orders :D. And it's getting released the 29th.

We'll be playing GTA IV's co-op on a big screen while people wait outside, have fun :D.

[quote name='Mohrd']I'm assuming the EB downtown at the Complexe D'Ailes is doing a midnight launch... they did for San Andreas IIRC, course that was a while ago...

EDIT: Never mind, No midnight launch for that store.[/quote]
No midnight launch in Montreal. EB will only open like 2hours earlier and futureshop too(well i think).

EB Games at Polo Park (Winnipeg) will be doing a midnight launch. They will be setting themselves up somewhere between their store and the east mall entrance (entrance across from Manitoba Blue Cross and the car dealership).

[quote name='kathos']Breaking news: Futureshop Queensway #633 is confirmed on a midnight launch even though we have like... 5 pre-orders :D. And it's getting released the 29th.

We'll be playing GTA IV's co-op on a big screen while people wait outside, have fun :D.[/quote]

LOL, 5 pre-orders sounds immense.

BTW, where is the Queensway location? Never realized there was one... :whistle2:k

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']LOL, 5 pre-orders sounds immense.

BTW, where is the Queensway location? Never realized there was one... :whistle2:k[/quote]

It's just a little bit West of Kipling on the Queensway beside the Ikea, we're serving coffee and stuff from what the manager's telling us.

[quote name='kathos']It's just a little bit West of Kipling on the Queensway beside the Ikea, we're serving coffee and stuff from what the manager's telling us.[/quote]

Geez, never noticed it there, but I can't remember the last time I drove that way. So that's the south side of the Queensway obviously...

Ahaha, looked for it on the FS site's map. Not sure, but probably where the peeler joint used to be. FS is a little more family-oriented I think :lol:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Geez, never noticed it there, but I can't remember the last time I drove that way. So that's the south side of the Queensway obviously...

Ahaha, looked for it on the FS site's map. Not sure, but probably where the peeler joint used to be. FS is a little more family-oriented I think :lol:[/quote]

Actually the Haven on the Queensway is a place where I see some guidos going in every once in a while, I don't think it's a strip club anymore (I guess that's what you mean by peeler).

Yeah come on down, we'll probably hold on a raffle too if there's enough people, one guy'll go home with a collector's I guess.

[quote name='kathos']Actually the Haven on the Queensway is a place where I see some guidos going in every once in a while, I don't think it's a strip club anymore (I guess that's what you mean by peeler).

Yeah come on down, we'll probably hold on a raffle too if there's enough people, one guy'll go home with a collector's I guess.[/quote]

Hehe, I'll see, but it's a bit out of the way for me now. If I go I'll let you know who I am, then you can swing me a deal or just rig the raffle for a fellow CAGer :lol:

Guidos, haha, I thought that term wasn't even used anymore!

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Hehe, I'll see, but it's a bit out of the way for me now. If I go I'll let you know who I am, then you can swing me a deal or just rig the raffle for a fellow CAGer :lol:

Guidos, haha, I thought that term wasn't even used anymore![/quote]

Hey I hid a copy of the Metal Gear Solid collection for a CAGer for almost a week so rigging may most likely be possible *wink* *wink* :D.

Wait, guido isn't being used anymore? Have I been uncool for the past ten years?

Sorry for the double post but just for a head's up, at Queensway we'll have a PS3/Xbox gamertag exchange list so people can have a list of local people to play with! :D

Assuming my EB has midnight launch:
If I preordered can I still go pick it up at mid night
or do I have to wait for the morning?
(first game ever preordered at EB)

[quote name='kgroat']Assuming my EB has midnight launch:
If I preordered can I still go pick it up at mid night
or do I have to wait for the morning?
(first game ever preordered at EB)[/quote]Yes, you can pick it up at midnight.

i preordered at 2 stores so hopefully i can get a copy on launch date... either that or i'll wait for a price drop 2-3 months later

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I hope this comes to Canada too.

27ywepc.jpg
[/quote]

sweet! i hope we can get it early!!!!

bread's done
Back