Midway Arcade Treasures 2 for X-Box or PS2 for $0.01, YMMV

Liontamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
When I went to CC today, I noticed some copies of Midway Arcade Treasures 2 for PS2 and X-Box behind the register. I asked about them, and the clerk said that they had them for free with purchase of another game in a previous sale. He scanned them, and they came up for a penny each. So if you can find a copy of Midway Arcade Treasures 2 for PS2 or X-Box at CC with a little box on the lower lefthand corner of the front that says "Promotional Copy. Not for resale.," they should ring up for a penny if the clerk actually lets you buy them.

These were being given away with Area 51 preorders...It'll cost a penny if you can actually get an employee to sell it to you.

As it has been suggested before, try to buy it with another item or items, you will probably be more sucessful than trying to purchase it by itself.

[quote name='bfg9k']As it has been suggested before, try to buy it with another item or items, you will probably be more sucessful than trying to purchase it by itself.[/QUOTE]

Crazy...should take a look tomorrow.

I figured they would do this since they did it with MK: DA last year. I didn't see any at the CC I went to today (and believe me I checked) :)

Sometimes they have some of the penny promo items like this in a drawer behind the counter in the game section. It's worth a shot to ask a clerk. That's how I found the MK:DA ones that someone mentioned.

It all depends on the cashier you get. One older clueless gentleman had no problem selling me multiple copies of the JSRF/Sega GT disc a while back, but a younger guy confiscated my copies of Clone Wars/Tetris and said he couldn't sell them to me. Definitely YMMV on this one.

Score! I got the PS2 version. I bought it with a Powerdrome so it wouldn't look ridiculous ringing up for a penny on its own. The checkout girl was a bit suspicious and checked with another employee, but in the end they looked like they couldn't be bothered to deal with it so they let me get it for 1c.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']These were being given away with Area 51 preorders...It'll cost a penny if you can actually get an employee to sell it to you.[/QUOTE]

Ive never had any luck getting any retail outlet to sell them for .01. When they say they cant sell them i tend to give them some lip about having them on the floor for sale. doesnt help but i felt better.

I have this funny feeling that we'll soon see a couple threads about people complaining that they didn't get Midway Arcade Treasures 2 when they picked up thier Area 51 preorder at CC. :)

It wasn't a preorder, actually, it was just free when you bought Area 51. My store didn't sell a single one that I know of.

I got a PS2 version today for a penny. I saw them behind the counter and asked the clerk about them. She said they were from an old promo and that I could buy one for a penny if I wanted. She wouldn't let me buy multiple copies, however.

I went today at lunch. They had a bunch of them behind the game area register. I didn't even try to get any though. The lady working I have dealt with in the past, and she is a %^&ch! I will try again maybe tonight.

Well, looks like I spoke too soon, above. Went to CC today, and they didn't have any behind the register. But, I went out and looked in the games section, and they were out there! I grabbed two Xbox versions, and the guy rang them up with no problems. They had four for the PS2 (which I should've got one of...don't know what I was thinking. I have the first for PS2...) and three for the Xbox left.

i saw them on the shelves for .01 and picked up three of the ps2 versions. I went to the register w/ a big smile and spoke really nicely to the cashier and she just told me i couldn't, so we argued for like 10 minutes and she made some smartaleck remarks after and i walked away w/ her added to my hit list. >: ) But may b i'll go on thursday since i'll b watching star wars III anyway!!!! and c if i can find the promos again and try to buy it from this nice lady that works there, shes a gamer so she understands.

Hopefully my brother will have better luck in socal...

This is big-time YMMV or Your Luck May Vary . . . finding a clerk who will just sell it.

One thing is certain, DO NOT call the store.

Last year when the Clone Wars/Tetris combo was a penny, I called the store and rather than setting one aside for me . . . they pulled all the copies never to be seen again.

I think the manager took them. . .

I have an extra Midway Arcade 2 for Xbox for trade.

BTW, they are PO at EBGames . . . get $10 for your penny!

Worked for me. I bought Star Ocean there for $20 and saw they had the MAT 2 discs behind the register. I asked how much they were and the guy said $0.01 but it's part of some promotional offer and he didn't know which. I asked him to find out for me and after 5 min of asking around the store, he gave up and sold me an Xbox one for $0.01! Too bad I already had a copy.

I had good luck on this one, saw it on the shelf with the the others in the regular section, it says promo copy (real small print).......took it up front with team america uncensored (didnt want to try to let it fly on its own) buy it with something is a better chance, and the guy looked funny at it, then said "wow, only a penny? Good deal........"
Thanks OP from one cheapasss to another.

Picked up 1 for PS2 (no Xbox copies at the store) for the lovely amount of 1 penny. 1 copy left at Robinson Township PA CCity!

NOTE - They were stacked by a register near the video games (not by the front)

Thanks for heads up OP!

bread's done
Back