Might and Magic Bundle Gamestop PC Download $16.48

spazman279

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just got an e-mail from Gamestop about their current PC Download sale. This one looks pretty Steam-esque.

Might and Magic bundle - $16.48

Includes:

Heroes of Might and Magic
Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Gold (game + a few expansions)
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 complete (game + two expansions)
Heroes of Might and Magic 4 complete (game + two expansions)
Heroes of Might and Magic 5
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 Tribes of the East
Might and Magic 6 limited edition
Might and Magic 7
Might and Magic 8
Might and Magic 9
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Not sure why they didn't include the other Heroes 5 expansion but this still seems like a really good deal. I love the hell out of the Heroes games. All this stuff is on sale individually too.

A bunch of THQ stuff is also on sale, like Saints Row 3, Homefront, and Warhammer 40000.

Worth it for M&M 6 alone. One of the best Might and Magic games I've ever played, if not one of the best PC RPGs out there. I picked the M&M 1-6 Collection when GoG.com had it for $5 on sale a while back.

Would consider getting it to have the Heroes games though.

Might and Magic 9 was a complete pile because 3DO felt the need to muck with the engine and put in "mouselook" technology. Shame too, cause I expected so much from that game after playing 6-8. Although my all time favorite will always be Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So these are all RPGs? Action RPG? Turn based? What would they compare to?[/QUOTE]

HOMM games are TBS games similar in style and gameplay to the Disciples and King's Bounty series. M&M games are RPGs similar to Wizardry.

[quote name='warreni']HOMM games are TBS games similar in style and gameplay to the Disciples and King's Bounty series. M&M games are RPGs similar to Wizardry.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I have Disciples and KB in my backlog so I might attack those first and see how I like them.

Edit:

So tomorrow's deal is the Saint's Row the Third Complete Pack for 75% off - making it around $16-17 bucks.

Does anyone know if you get a separate Steam key for each item in the bundle? Tempted to buy it for the DLC and then just sell off the base game key.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted by this with the price so low. I love tactical RPGs like Tactics Ogre, but is this type of game something I would like? Not sure how the western turn based RPGs differ.

I am pretty sure this is a price mistake. The sale is advertised as 50% off and when you click on the sale banner it lists the bundle as being 50% off. I believe the bundle is supposed to be $44.99.

Looked through some gameplay videos of Heroes and this looks like something I would dig. Grabbed it. I wouldn't mind playing through Clash of Heroes again too and that is included as well.

[quote name='stupidproz1']Do any of these titles activate on Steam or uPlay?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (a first-person action/RPG that's way more fun than it has a right to be) and Might and Magic Clash of Heroes, a strategy RPG with puzzlish elements.

[quote name='outerfox']Worth it for M&M 6 alone. One of the best Might and Magic games I've ever played, if not one of the best PC RPGs out there. [/QUOTE]

I agree. I still have my boxed copy of the game. I was never able to part with it.

[quote name='gilby']For the older titles, what is the DRM, if any?

Have these been tweaked to work well with modern systems?[/QUOTE]

Loaded and started playing M&M I this morning. It runs in a DOSBox. There's no DRM that I could see. Had to find the manual in the install directory. It's PDF format, so easy enough to load and view.

RagManX

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']I agree. I still have my boxed copy of the game. I was never able to part with it.[/QUOTE]

I had 3 boxed copies, plus at least 6 of the editions that they bundled 6 7 and 8 in. I've been a Might and Magic fan since Commodore 64 days. I REALLY would love to see a huge remake of Questron 1 and 2. Those games were huge hour eaters for me growing up.

bread's done
Back