Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Complete Series - $57.49 @Amazon

What's it normally sell for? I know Amazon lists an original price but since they almost never sell something for straight up retail asking price, I'm curious how much they're marking it down to.

It was around $80 for a while like I said, but this past week it was around $110.

A local shop by me sells it for $80, so I'd say that's the "normal" price for stores that aren't FYE or Suncoast or something.

Wow, that's quite a price drop from the $83.99 I paid when it first went up for preorder. Luckily, I'm still within the return window, so I might as well order this one and send the other back for a refund. I'll be out return shipping, but for nearly $30 back, it's worth it.

I am really starting to regret the TimeLife order back when it was first released, aside from the obvious fact I have to wait a year for Lightspeed Rescue-RPM.

THANK YOU OP!

90% of my childhood right here. Been waiting for a drop! Woo. Best present to myself this year.

Very tempting but with the amount I've spent for the holidays....not sure if i can even sit through a whole episode without fastwarding. ;P

What the BUTT. I haven't even opened the one I got for ~$80 when it released...

Merry Christmas to me, I guess. :cry:

EDIT: [quote name='Kirin Lemon']Wow, that's quite a price drop from the $83.99 I paid when it first went up for preorder. Luckily, I'm still within the return window, so I might as well order this one and send the other back for a refund. I'll be out return shipping, but for nearly $30 back, it's worth it.[/QUOTE]Hmm, if I'm still in the window, as well, I might do the same.

EDIT 2: I'm still in the window, so it looks like I'm getting back ~$25 (factoring in the restocking fee)! Thanks for the "suggestion", Kirin Lemon! ;)

I'll probably wait for this one to arrive so I can judge whether its condition is on par with the one I bought for ~$80; if it looks worse, I'll return that one for the ~$80 refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']EDIT: Hmm, if I'm still in the window, as well, I might do the same.

EDIT 2: I'm still in the window, so it looks like I'm getting back ~$25 (factoring in the restocking fee)! Thanks for the "suggestion", Kirin Lemon! ;)

I'll probably wait for this one to arrive so I can judge whether its condition is on par with the one I bought for ~$80; if it looks worse, I'll return that one for the ~$80 refund.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my plan. Thank goodness we have until January 31st to return the original order, heh.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Great deal. I went the individual volumes route though. Didn't this would drop this low. :([/QUOTE]The box set includes all the special features. The interviews are nice (David Yost sure lost a lot of hair...) except for no JYB for some reason, and the old VHS specials are a huge nostalgia trip.

I ordered this and I'm glad I did, however I keep hearing about a TimeLife version. If anyone can clue me in on the differences I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I ordered this and I'm glad I did, however I keep hearing about a TimeLife version. If anyone can clue me in on the differences I'd appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
No difference for just this set. Time life does offer a bundle that also includes this set and another set with the Zeo, Turbo, Space, and Lost Galaxy releases as well as a limited edition action figure all bundled together. The Zeo, etc. set will also eventually release outside time life just like this one did. I believe the only thing that you'll miss out on by not getting all 7 seasons through the time life bundle is the action figure. But given the aprox. $200 time life price and that the first half of that set is available here for $57, that action figure would end up costing you a lot if you go the time life route for it.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Still doesn't seem that bad for the TimeLife set, unless I'm missing something.[/QUOTE]Since the remaining seasons more-or-less equal this collection in terms of size (not 100% positive here, just a guess), one would hope that you could get the remaining seasons for this price or close to it (maybe $70 max), so you'd save potentially $70-$90 going this route over getting the TimeLife set.

Therefore, I can't recommend getting the TimeLife set...unless you really, really, really want that action figure and absolutely cannot wait for the remaining seasons to be released. :roll:

So Zeo, Turbo, Space, and Galaxy will get their own boxset release you think? I'm only interested in up to Galaxy so I'll probably get this unless there's like a mega set that has everything out one day.

[quote name='Vigilante']
Therefore, I can't recommend getting the TimeLife set...unless you really, really, really want that action figure and absolutely cannot wait for the remaining seasons to be released. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yea...well...uh...your avatar looks funny! :p

[quote name='thecatinthehat']wow. I'd want this for the Green Ranger arc alone.

Must resist....[/QUOTE]

I resisted when I first saw this thread yesterday morning, but by yesterday evening, I realized I just had to give in at that price!

Oh, and what's that, Amazon? Power Rangers: The Movie is frequently bought together with the Mighty Morphin complete series set for just $4.99 more? Oh, and I have a $5 promotional credit in my account that I completely forgot about which will totally cover the cost of The Movie?

It's amazing how this company continues to rape and pillage my wallet lately!

Seriously, though- between this, the Ninja Turtles complete series for $46 I ordered from BN.com a month ago, and all of the Batman: TAS DVDs I got in late summer, I have pretty much bought my entire childhood back over the last few months! :)

The MMPR movie (you'll likely be getting the crappy new cover instead of the boring original) and Turbo are $5 at pretty much any Target. Finding the flipper Double Feature set is much rarer.

I joke with one of my friends all the time, since his boss was the composer for this show, I always ask him about the power ranger he works with.

This is a nice set, I'm glad I caved in and bought it. I really have no reason to buy the next set when it releases since this one contained all the seasons I watched before quitting Power Rangers. Actually, now that I think about it I did occasionally watch one of the space seasons; whatever one they had when they introduced the Silver Ranger and had that TMNT crossover. I never saw Turbo either so I may just get the next set to finally see it and rewatch that space season as well as for collection's sake.

My order of this set and The Movie surprisingly arrive on Saturday- the packaging is very sturdy and attractive. Very glad I purchased at this great price!

Power Rangers in Space is what you were referring to. Space season was the 'unofficial' ending of a back story that starting with MMPR. Starting with Lost Galaxy they started anew with very limited references to previous seasons.

[quote name='Navex']This is a nice set, I'm glad I caved in and bought it. I really have no reason to buy the next set when it releases since this one contained all the seasons I watched before quitting Power Rangers. Actually, now that I think about it I did occasionally watch one of the space seasons; whatever one they had when they introduced the Silver Ranger and had that TMNT crossover. I never saw Turbo either so I may just get the next set to finally see it and rewatch that space season as well as for collection's sake.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back