Feedback
2 (100%)
Mighty Muggs info thread:
Why? Because they are awesome

Target:
9.99 (not on website)

Toys R Us:
10.49 (
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mighty%20muggs&origkw=Mighty%20muggs&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1) I have found them to have the biggest amount, and rarer ones of most of the stores

Wal-Mart:
9.98 (Not online?) Maybe some clearance ones?

Hasbro Store:
Price varies
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?PG=1&CDT=1218299435
also offer rare and limited Muggs.

Borders: 19.99 (Not online) Pricing is steep, but don't forget some coupons can bring the price down on some rare older ones (I saw Vemon last week) Coupons--
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177479

Cool Mighty Muggs Blog:

http://mightymuggslounge.blogspot.com/

News

Marvel Wave 3 spotted in-stores.

HAS15331.jpg

LinkinPrime's collection:

mmgsji4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
I picked up an extra Wolverine from Comic Con that I never got around to putting anywhere. It's just been taking up space in my closet if anyone wants to make an offer + shipping for it. Just PM me if interested.

They just recently released pictures of Iron Man w/ Flip Mask and Prowl for Comic Con Exclusives! $15.99 each. Don't forget to pick them up for your collection. =)

Just picked up the Short round MM. There any value to that? its probably going to be sitting next to my Snake Eyes, Cobra commander and Venom MM.

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']If anyone has a TJ Maxx by them, drop by. I just got two Logans and a Phoenix from them for $6 each. Super awesome find. =)[/QUOTE]

Woah, thanks for the heads up! I haven't seen that wave outside overpriced Comic book stores.

[quote name='knickknack']Is the wave with Phoenix and Sabretooth supposed to be hard to find? I also see them at discounters like Marshalls.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Only comic book shops and online retailers were the ones that sold these Muggs until now.

I bought the entire Marvel wave for a total of $25 - ish from two TJ Maxx stores. Can't beat $6 a pop.

Managed to score a full set of the last Marvel wave between a Marshalls and a TJ Maxx. I need to find more of the later Star Wars ones (I found a Hoth Luke and the 'old man' Obi-Wan at Ross).

[quote name='ryosnk']I need to check out my local Marshalls and tj maxx if their is still any.[/QUOTE]

It's my understanding that TJ Maxx restocks on Fridays. Not sure about any other day. Anyone else know of any restock days?

That Prowl mugg will be mine!  It'll be number 67 in my collection. I could care less about another Iron Man mugg, don't we have enough of those? Still waiting on my Deadpool and Magneto.. :'(

[quote name='thePhildown']That Prowl mugg will be mine!  It'll be number 67 in my collection. I could care less about another Iron Man mugg, don't we have enough of those? Still waiting on my Deadpool and Magneto.. :'([/QUOTE]

I'd be happy with Magneto. Been waiting for that forever, it seems.

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']July 22-25 I believe[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks. I will be "stalking" Hasbrotoyshop around that time. Definitely will not be able to attend SDCC anyhow.

[quote name='FluxDF']I checked all the Ross and Marshall's near me for a Logan; no dice. I saw all the others from that wave. :([/QUOTE]

They have those? Dang...I need to get someone to check the stores for me.

It's sad, but now Muggs are just once a year tie-ins at Comic-Con now...

Seems like we'll never get that X-Men wave, Green Goblin, Deadpool, etc., it's been two plus years.

Iron Man removable mask is cool, but I want to see the face underneath before I think about buying, because it is the same as my last Comic-Con Iron Man Mugg basically.

[quote name='dg7md']Iron Man removable mask is cool, but I want to see the face underneath before I think about buying, because it is the same as my last Comic-Con Iron Man Mugg basically.[/QUOTE]

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs215.snc3/22253_306066459572_750454572_3267190_4387567_n.jpg

You can't forget we also got a small wave of Transformer muggs earlier this year/late last year, and also the Iron Man/War Machine muggs from the movie tie-in. All the other lines though, yeah, they're dead. I'm kinda wondering if any other muggs will make an appearance this year, perhaps with a "seriously, we're not dead yet" sign.

[quote name='dg7md']Iron Man removable mask is cool, but I want to see the face underneath before I think about buying, because it is the same as my last Comic-Con Iron Man Mugg basically.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's pretty much the same as the Mark VI one that was just released... Only with a removable visor. Of course I'll still get it.

[quote name='Animal7390']i picked up a phoenix, sabretooth and short round yesterday, took 3 different marshalls/ tjmaxx[/QUOTE]
That's a pretty nice haul. =)

Is anyone else on the mightymuggsforums.com? (I know littlenicky is; not sure if anyone else is there.) If not, you guys should check it out. But be forewarned: if you're not into custom muggs now, you will be after you join. I joined a couple weeks ago and so far it's been a great place to trade muggs I have extras of for ones I don't have and buy customs. =)

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']Actually, it's pretty much the same as the Mark VI one that was just released... Only with a removable visor. Of course I'll still get it.

That's a pretty nice haul. =)

Is anyone else on the mightymuggsforums.com? (I know littlenicky is; not sure if anyone else is there.) If not, you guys should check it out. But be forewarned: if you're not into custom muggs now, you will be after you join. I joined a couple weeks ago and so far it's been a great place to trade muggs I have extras of for ones I don't have and buy customs. =)[/QUOTE]

Use to be an Admin there and help it get it off the ground, till I realized it was full of little kids complaining and whining about every Mugg I disliked and then Ralph cut me off as being admin.

A lot of Custom Muggs, if you can sort through the kids posts and deal with kids who don't like when you criticize a Mugg cause it needs a little something more.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Use to be an Admin there and help it get it off the ground, till I realized it was full of little kids complaining and whining about every Mugg I disliked and then Ralph cut me off as being admin.

A lot of Custom Muggs, if you can sort through the kids posts and deal with kids who don't like when you criticize a Mugg cause it needs a little something more.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I'm one of the "older" posters at 26. The admins don't really do too much and sometimes people definitely gets sticks up their @$$ there (from what I've seen browsing old threads).

Most of the customizers are really nice though. I'm going to be starting my first custom Mugg soon. Hopefully I have some sort of talent as I have at least 10 customs on my list of wants. I also bought a Noobz to probably have someone turn into a Mondoshawan from The Fifth Element; I don't think I can get the detail on the sculpting right myself.

Picked up Cyclops and Phoenix today from TJ Maxx. Thanks for pointing those out as I would have never thought to look there for Muggs. Other than Sabertooth and Logan are there any others in this wave to look for?

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']Picked up Cyclops and Phoenix today from TJ Maxx. Thanks for pointing those out as I would have never thought to look there for Muggs. Other than Sabertooth and Logan are there any others in this wave to look for?[/QUOTE]

Nope. That wave was Sabretooth, Cyclops, Logan & Phoenix.

Ok. I'm not knocking anyone or anything, but what is the whole inspiration behind Mighty Muggs? They do look cool and whatnot, but I would still rather just get a high end figure of sorts instead of a Mighty Mugg. Again, not hating or anything. Just wondering...

[quote name='DarkRider23']Ok. I'm not knocking anyone or anything, but what is the whole inspiration behind Mighty Muggs? They do look cool and whatnot, but I would still rather just get a high end figure of sorts instead of a Mighty Mugg. Again, not hating or anything. Just wondering...[/QUOTE]

I think it's because they are a cool-looking, "different" rendition of your standard action figure.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Ok. I'm not knocking anyone or anything, but what is the whole inspiration behind Mighty Muggs? They do look cool and whatnot, but I would still rather just get a high end figure of sorts instead of a Mighty Mugg. Again, not hating or anything. Just wondering...[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much the cool factor. =) Once you get one or two of these little guys, they become addicting and you want to get them all. Their perfectly priced and they have some awesome characters. Not only that, they are a perfect custom platform. As you can see, many artists are doing outstanding jobs customizing Mighty Muggs. Their all over the net and on eBay.

yep... i enjoy them less as toys and more as artwork. the effect doesn't come across when you just see one or two sitting on a desk. but when you see a field of several, especially the more stylized ones, and characters that represent familiar parts of my childhood (okay, adulthood too)... it's pretty cool.

Just fyi, GI Joe Muggs finally went on clearance at my TRU. I bought three Cobra Commanders and a Duke for customizing. Came out to $20 after tax b/c they're also buy 1 get 1 50% off.

Thinking about selling off my Muggs. I have 16 (most Marvel, some TF and GI Joe) They're all complete with boxes but they have been opened. Is there a good market for opened Muggs?

[quote name='Rodimus']Thinking about selling off my Muggs. I have 16 (most Marvel, some TF and GI Joe) They're all complete with boxes but they have been opened. Is there a good market for opened Muggs?[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on what you have. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to have a Skrull and/ or Human Torch?

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']I think it depends on what you have. Just out of curiosity, do you happen to have a Skrull and/ or Human Torch?[/QUOTE]

No, I don't. Off the top of my head I have: Venom, Spidey, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Dr. Doom, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream

Maybe that's it. Any of those worth a damn?

[quote name='Rodimus']No, I don't. Off the top of my head I have: Venom, Spidey, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Thanos, Dr. Doom, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream

Maybe that's it. Any of those worth a damn?[/QUOTE]

Venom and Thor for sure has value. Starscream does as well but not as much.

So... how much are you looking for that Venom? ;)

So, MiniMuggs are real...I've heard rumblings about these showing up in TRU computers. Nice to see they're real. Also nice to see an IG-88 Mugg in there. I love me some robotic assassins.

I went pouring through Marvel images, only saw three muggs...the Iron Man and War Machine released earlier this year, and the new SDCC exclusive Iron Man

[quote name='manthing']Mini Muggs premiered at SDCC!!!

:shock:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?m...r_Wars&pic=DSC06430.jpg&dispsize=800&start=40

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?m...r_Wars&pic=DSC06429.jpg&dispsize=800&start=40[/QUOTE]

Mini Muggs looks cute, but the price on the tags price them higher than current Muggs. I am not sure about how well it will do. Hopefully they do not suffer the same fate as the regular Muggs.

By the way, I noticed it says "Exclusive", anyone have idea which stores they are exclusive to? Or only exclusive to the comic con(s)?

bread's done
Back