Feedback
2 (100%)
Mighty Muggs info thread:
Why? Because they are awesome

Target:
9.99 (not on website)

Toys R Us:
10.49 (
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mighty%20muggs&origkw=Mighty%20muggs&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1) I have found them to have the biggest amount, and rarer ones of most of the stores

Wal-Mart:
9.98 (Not online?) Maybe some clearance ones?

Hasbro Store:
Price varies
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?PG=1&CDT=1218299435
also offer rare and limited Muggs.

Borders: 19.99 (Not online) Pricing is steep, but don't forget some coupons can bring the price down on some rare older ones (I saw Vemon last week) Coupons--
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177479

Cool Mighty Muggs Blog:

http://mightymuggslounge.blogspot.com/

News

Marvel Wave 3 spotted in-stores.

HAS15331.jpg

LinkinPrime's collection:

mmgsji4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gothic Walrus']All of the Target stores around me are sold out of Mighty Muggs, forever. :whistle2:(

I did pick up one for $2.74, a Grand Moff Tarkin with an open box (but, oddly enough, he was still taped and rubber banded to the plastic insert). That's been it, though. K-Mart's still got a handful left (at $9 each on "clearance"), but it looks like it'll be Toys R Us only pretty soon...[/QUOTE]

I grabbed the last at mine, a Hoth Han Solo for 2.74... I wanted to get some paper, trace over the main facial details to make a stencil, spray it all gray, coat it in quick-dry cement, re-add facial features.. and han in carbonite. It's very tempting.

I really want a Mighty Mugg, I've never found any in the stores for a good price, I really want one for like $8 or so. I want either Darth Vader, Boba Fett, a stormtrooper, or something like that.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']I really want a Mighty Mugg, I've never found any in the stores for a good price, I really want one for like $8 or so. I want either Darth Vader, Boba Fett, a stormtrooper, or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Goodluck. The good ones actually sold pretty well, and didn't hit clearance, now that the line is more or less dead they'll be selling for more second-hand I'm sure.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']I really want a Mighty Mugg, I've never found any in the stores for a good price, I really want one for like $8 or so. I want either Darth Vader, Boba Fett, a stormtrooper, or something like that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='georox']Goodluck. The good ones actually sold pretty well, and didn't hit clearance, now that the line is more or less dead they'll be selling for more second-hand I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

Listen to this guy. You won't get those for $8.

Anybody want to unload the X-Men wave (Cyclops/Jean Grey/Sabertooth/Logan)? Or know where I can pick one up thats pretty inexpensive?

Never saw that wave outside of a comic shop. Oh, you may find decent for 8, but the chances of it are pretty much snowball + hell. I nabbed Boba Fett a few months back (1-2) for 8 bucks, due to my Meijer is clearancing everything, and somehow pulled one out of their ass. (Seriously, I go to the store once every 1-2 weeks, and they NEVER had one until then. No other old muggs either.)

[quote name='advanced'] Anybody want to unload the X-Men wave (Cyclops/Jean Grey/Sabertooth/Logan)? Or know where I can pick one up thats pretty inexpensive?[/QUOTE]

I got all mine except Logan from Hasbrotoyshop.com pretty recently. Logan and Cyclops are OOS currently though.

[quote name='georox']Never saw that wave outside of a comic shop. Oh, you may find decent for 8, but the chances of it are pretty much snowball + hell. I nabbed Boba Fett a few months back (1-2) for 8 bucks, due to my Meijer is clearancing everything, and somehow pulled one out of their ass. (Seriously, I go to the store once every 1-2 weeks, and they NEVER had one until then. No other old muggs either.)[/QUOTE]

I might regret this because I haven't checked all of the stores in my area, but what the hell - I'll be nice. :)

Got a Meijer near you? I can confirm that probably chainwide (or at least at the three stores I checked), Mighty Muggs are on clearance for $5 each. Just to give you a heads up of what you'll probably find, the stores I checked had a whopping one Marvel character between them (The Thing). Most of what's left was Star Wars characters from the later waves. I picked up Obi-Wan, Dooku, Mace Windu (unfortunately, all three of the Windus I saw had crushed boxes and what I think/hope is blue Silly String bonded to the package), and Plo Koon. I left Anakin, Asajj Ventress, and Grand Moff Tarkin.

Hope that helps somebody in the Midwest out. :D

Mine had 3 Obi-Wans left... and I think the Thing mine had sold already. I did notice they were 5 before the post, but nothing was left then anyways.

Who knew Lando was so rare?

[quote name='georox']Mine had 3 Obi-Wans left... and I think the Thing mine had sold already. I did notice they were 5 before the post, but nothing was left then anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you've been keeping up with the Star Wars line, there's probably not much there for you. Up until now, my only Star Wars characters were Vader, C-3PO, and (thanks to Target clearance) Tarkin, so I wasn't too hard to please. I was hoping for one of the Fetts or Chewbacca, but I can't even remember the last time I've seen them in a store.

I think I've got more Jedi now than Marvel and Indiana Jones put together. :lol:

I found two star wars muggs in target out of system. I told the cashier the last price I saw them for was the $2.74 price which was the truth. He sold them to me for $1.99 so I can't complain.

Two more Meijer stores in the Ann Arbor area today. One had the Star Wars characters I'd seen before along with a few Things and Wolverines; I left with Captain Rex. The other had three lonely, unloved Tarkins...and that was it.

Meijer seems to be a bit of a bust in terms of packaging; there's a larger number than usual that either have crushed boxes or a top flap that's unglued or ripped open. The figures inside are just fine, though, and that's the important part to me, especially at these prices.

Unfortunately, the time is upon me where I must part with my small Muggs collection .. I need some extra cash/room, so these guys gotta go.. I figure I'd give you guys the first crack at 'em, and whatever I don't get rid of, goes to eBay. So, if anyone is interested in any of these just shoot me a PM. I'll accept payment via PayPal only.

All of these are still in original box in mint/near mint condition. I'm pretty picky about box conditions so I tried to pick up the best ones I could find.

Venom
Iron Man (box looks like it was attempted to be opened, but still in excellent shape)
SDCC Wolverine
Jango Fett
Darth Revan
Darth Vader (Version 1; I have 2 of these)
Han Solo
Shock Trooper (Target Exclusive Edition)
Cobra Commander
Storm Shadow

They all MUST go... sniffle.

Edit: Am I selling myself short here, or am I asking too much if I were to put these up as a lot for $115 (not including shipping costs)? That's roughly $10.45 a piece, but you're also getting 2 Vaders, a Venom and a flippin' SDCC Wolvie out of it. Depending on how you feel about the others .. personally I love the ones that I have, I just don't want to hose myself by asking for too little, nor do I want to hose the buyer by asking for too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Two more Meijer stores in the Ann Arbor area today. One had the Star Wars characters I'd seen before along with a few Things and Wolverines; I left with Captain Rex. The other had three lonely, unloved Tarkins...and that was it.

Meijer seems to be a bit of a bust in terms of packaging; there's a larger number than usual that either have crushed boxes or a top flap that's unglued or ripped open. The figures inside are just fine, though, and that's the important part to me, especially at these prices.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough the Meijer in Monroe had the MM's in great shape, my Fett box looked like nobody ever touched it, was frickin mint (Til I tore it open...)

Target on the other hand, it looks like somebody tossed them into a woodchipper when they had em. Wasn't touching those.

My Wal-mart finally went clearance-crazy, made a new 3-aisle clearance area of overpriced toys. Saw 2x Dr. Doom and a Galactus for $4.74ish each.

Picked up a Snowtrooper at Target for $2.74, passed on Silver Surfer and Thing x4. They're most likely at the local Goodwill now, priced higher than $3. (Anytime an entire aisle of Target clearance disappears, it means they've sold their beyond clearance unsellables to Goodwill in a wholesale lot)

Kmart is having a 20% off clearance toys sale this week.

Marvel, GI Joe, and SW Muggs are marked $10 and Transformer Muggs are $7 before the extra 20%.

I saw a large amount of Muggs still in Kmarts: complete TF and Joe series 1, Stormtroopers, Lando, Vader, Iron Man, Hulk, and more

[quote name='crazylikeafox11']And to think I sold him to my brother for $10. I'll have to inform him that the family discount I gave him was worth thousands. . .[/QUOTE]

makes me wish i had bought all the copies i saw of him before they got shipped away.

[quote name='manthing']Kmart is having a 20% off clearance toys sale this week.

Marvel, GI Joe, and SW Muggs are marked $10 and Transformer Muggs are $7 before the extra 20%.

I saw a large amount of Muggs still in Kmarts: complete TF and Joe series 1, Stormtroopers, Lando, Vader, Iron Man, Hulk, and more[/QUOTE]

50% off right now. I forgot to check when the 50% off ends, though. :oops:

I'm not sure how many stores have Mighty Muggs left at this point; they've been on the clearance racks for a while, but (at least around here) didn't move very quickly once they got there.

I lucked out and my K-Mart still had Galactus and Doc Ock (whose box looks like it's been through a woodchipper) sitting in the corner of the clearance rack. I picked them up - I figure they wont' get much cheaper now, and I like the characters. Unlike the Cairo Swordsman who's still there, months after being marked down for the first time. :)

I bought my first two Muggs today; Storm Shadow and Baroness for $4.24 a piece at Shopko. They didn't have any others in sight, else I would have picked up some Transformers ones.

Baroness is one I've not come across yet. Definitely a steal at that price.

Anyone heard anything about possible new Muggs? Last time I was Target, they still didn't any in sight after being clearanced earlier this year. TRU who usually had the best selection in my area still hasn't gotten any new Muggs in (meaning, they've not gotten any sort of rotation in what's currently out).

Pretty sure no one knows what the future holds for Muggs. I myself would've thought them dead already, if not for their appearance at SDCC. It wouldn't make much sense for them to announce new Muggs but then never release them.

I hope they make an appearance for Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath. Even then, I'll be very surprised if they pop-up outside of Toys R Us.

it's sad, i was really into collecting these (have about 25 of them), and now i can barely find them. most stores don't carry them, and the one toys r us that does only has 3 of the very old wolverines. it's a shame they never really took off.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']it's sad, i was really into collecting these (have about 25 of them), and now i can barely find them. most stores don't carry them, and the one toys r us that does only has 3 of the very old wolverines. it's a shame they never really took off.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it I have 39 Star Wars muggs lol

Picked up a new addition for my MMs. It's a SD plush Chewbacca that's almost exact to scale with Mighty Muggs (a bit bigger, just like Chewie should be). TRU has him for $9.99 B&M, or $8.99 online.

He's standing with what will probably be my final MM purchase: Captain Rex clearanced at Shopko for $6ish.

Chewbacca1.jpg

His man-sash opens with velcro, which nicely holds a few altoids ie: to-scale Wookiee-strength breath mints.

An actual sale-type event for Muggs? Man, I'm soo tempted to read too much into that, even though I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a clearance-disguised-as-a-sale type thing.

Found another clearance Mugg over at Shopko - picked up Duke for $4 and change. I've decided not to keep the Baroness that I found last week though. Anyone want it for cost plus shipping?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']About time. Definitely in for that set, I'm surprised at how cool the TF Movie Muggs look.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for that set. Are their any codes to use at this online store?

I did email BBTS and asked them what they meant by a "shared exclusive" in an email they sent out. Their response was that they would be selling it with a few other online retailers and TRU.

I have seen no info on TRU's website so this may matter to some on where and when they want to order. I just know one way or another they will be mine.

So, Transformers but no Star Wars or Marvel? At LEAST give us those Amidala and Ahsoka Muggs Hasbro...

I was at TRU today and to my suprise I found a set of the new Transformers Mighty Muggs sitting there. So before you order online check your local TRU

picture.php

I think they had just put them out the night before. There were two fullsets on the bottom shelf when I went. Another store I was at didn't have anything new out. I think they wait until the shelves are empty at times to put them out.

Picked up Jazz and Shockwave. I don't need another Prime and the Bumblebees at my local TRU weren't in great condition. And now the wait is on for the next Marvel wave.... lol.

bread's done
Back