Mill Creek's release of He-Man and the MotU (2002) glitch

thelonepig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
530 (100%)
First of all, I don't know exactly what forum this ought to go in. It's related primarily to this forum and will get the most exposure here, so this is where it will start. If it needs to be moved, then by all means.

I recently received the complete collection of the 2002 He-Man series that was released last October by Mill Creek entertainment. LINK.

I opened it today and sat down to watch it with my daughter. We got through the first three episodes fine. About 1/4 of the way through the fourth episode, the video began to stutter. A minute later it kicked me back to the menu. The fifth episode won't even play, it just freezes the disc. I found one comment on Amazon's customer reviews about a similar problem, but haven't found anything else after searching the 'net.

I'm waiting on a response from Mill Creek Entertainment to see if there's a replacement program or something similar, but wanted to see if anyone here knew anything about it.

Sorta off-topic, but while searching I came across an article that cited some representatives at Mill Creek that they are working on a 2010 release to put the 2002 TV series on bluray.

I got a copy from amazon last week. I'm already into the 2nd disc and I haven't experienced any problems. It may just be a bad disc.

I had issues with disc 2+3 of dungeons and dragons. Millcreek customer service is awesome! They sent replacements, no questions asked, and a couple other DVDs. They will take of you, just emaill them.

[quote name='thegreek']I had issues with disc 2+3 of dungeons and dragons. Millcreek customer service is awesome! They sent replacements, no questions asked, and a couple other DVDs. They will take of you, just emaill them.[/QUOTE]

Crap, now I need to watch the rest of D&D (finished the first disc this morning) to make sure that series works.

Glad to hear Millcreek is so good about it though!

I have this problem too. It's probably a DVD quality issue, as the discs work fine in my 360, but I get the same stuttering in a PS2 and a standard DVD player.

Well, Millcreek responded in less than 24-hours and offered a replacement disc. With their recommendation, I'm going to look at the rest of the He-man and D&D dvds to see if any of the others need to be replaced before they ship.

Great customer service and a quick resolution. Go Millcreek!

It's cool that they are willing to take care of the issue. I've been thinking about picking the D&D collection so that's good to know.

bread's done
Back