Mind blowing results from Everybody Votes!

Which do you consider the first day of the week?
Sunday - 42.5%
Monday - 57.5%

I never would've thought it. But they have expanded their sphere of influence even to the Wii, and as perhaps a final great show of their ability to permeate every sphere of our lives, they have even penetrated Everybody Votes.

You all, of course, know who I am talking about.

Them.

The Jews.

:rofl:

I was thinking more along the lines of "wtf...it's not monday" but then I looked at it in a different manner, and if you think about it business people think Monday is the first day of the week.

but your answer works just as well ;)

uhh... this is a joke right (a bad joke at that)? i mean, you guys realize that tons of countries consider monday the first day of the week... right?

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']uhh... this is a joke right (a bad joke at that)? i mean, you guys realize that tons of countries consider monday the first day of the week... right?[/quote]

Of course it's a joke.

Even in countries where Sunday is considered the first day of the week they're all obviously confused since many get the weekend off and it apparently includes both the weekend and the weekbeginning...

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']uhh... this is a joke right (a bad joke at that)? i mean, you guys realize that tons of countries consider monday the first day of the week... right?[/quote]

This was probably a US only poll.

Sunday is obviously the first day of the week. It's the day all the new sales start in retail. Geeesh!!!

And Saturday is obviously the seventh day - until those fucking christians decided to change the sabbath day to Sunday. How did that work, exactly? Was it a television scheduling conflict or something? Did God come down and proclaim it with thunderbolts and earthquakes?

God- Okay everybody, the Sabbath is now on Sunday, not Saturday. I screwed up - musta missed a day somewhere and forgot to write it down.

Everyone- Yes, lord, thank you. Now we can watch football and not work. God be praised.

Right.

Jewish countries.

I'm just saying.

Besides, it was a United States only poll...

Or, should I say, JEWnited States.

You know what it's like when a certain people are moving in on you, and using the black man as muscle?

I think that's all I need to say.

I'm Jewish, but that's not why I think of Monday as the first day of the week. I know it's not technically right, but fuck it. Monday is when school/work starts, so it's the first day of the week.

[quote name='chakan']At work, our schedule is laid out with Monday being the first day of the week.[/QUOTE]
Same. Office closed Sunday.

I've always thought of Monday as the first day as well, as I've always had Sunday off for school/work.

A weekend can't be the first day, it makes no sense.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Which do you consider the first day of the week?
Sunday - 42.5%
Monday - 57.5%

I never would've thought it. But they have expanded their sphere of influence even to the Wii, and as perhaps a final great show of their ability to permeate every sphere of our lives, they have even penetrated Everybody Votes.

You all, of course, know who I am talking about.

Them.

The Jews.[/QUOTE]

Well you know if that was true then Saturday would be the start of the week.

I was in shock when I saw the results of this poll. Sunday is the first day of the week - it's the first day listed on the calendar. As for the 'weekend' argument, I reconcile that by thinking of it as the two ends of the week (the day at the beginning and the day at the end).

[quote name='rygar']I was in shock when I saw the results of this poll. Sunday is the first day of the week - it's the first day listed on the calendar. As for the 'weekend' argument, I reconcile that by thinking of it as the two ends of the week (the day at the beginning and the day at the end).[/QUOTE]

Not when you open Outlook.

How does being Jewish come into play here again?

People's weeks start the same day regardless of their relgions right?

How do we have two pages of everyone except foltzie thinking that Jews would consider Monday to be the first day of the week? If this belief were due to any religious thought, it would be the Christians. Shabbat, or "Sabbath" begins at sundown on Friday and goes until the stars appear on Saturday. This would make Saturday evening to Sunday evening the first day of the week for Jews, not Monday.

I know everyone's having fun, but the whole premise of this thread not only makes no sense, it is just stupid.

P.S. The Jews are right. Sunday is the first day of the week. :p

[quote name='MorPhiend']How do we have two pages of everyone except foltzie thinking that Jews would consider Monday to be the first day of the week? If this belief were due to any religious thought, it would be the Christians. Shabbat, or "Sabbath" begins at sundown on Friday and goes until the stars appear on Saturday. This would make Saturday evening to Sunday evening the first day of the week for Jews, not Monday.

I know everyone's having fun, but the whole premise of this thread not only makes no sense, it is just stupid.

P.S. The Jews are right. Sunday is the first day of the week. :p[/QUOTE]

I made the reference about the true Sabbath on the first page. But thank you for helping to spread the truth. You are a hero among men. Shabbat Shalom !

bread's done
Back