Mini SNES on the cheap?

jevon90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
My old SNES doesn't seem to like to play games for over 6 hours and my attempts to finally beat Secret of Mana have proven unfruitful with random glitches occurring, I've tried 2 other copies of SoM and multiple other games and determined that the SNES is overheating or something and causing this problem after extended play.
So I'm wondering where's the best place to get a newer/mini version of the SNES since they look pretty sporty. I'd appreciate any advice and if any that work just like new I'd be happy to buy/ trade for one.
Thanks

If you want to stop the overheating open the case when you play or cut a big hole in it.

That should work, but it will destroy the resale value.

Check ebay. I bought a used, excellent condition one with Super Punch-Out, SNES Advantage, original controller for $40 shipped. I've seen others go for around $30 shipped so you have to look around.

wow that is a pretty sweet deal, my scouring on the bay for them saw them going for 50 +, but good to see you got a deal and there's hope for me :)

I dunno, but if you can wait, they use the word 'sleek' like three times in the description, and even the word 'sexy', for something that plays NES games!

^__^

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802097

Generation NEX!!

(edit: how funny would it be if they keep making these for the old systems that crap out with age, making the old versions obsolete yet the games could hold their value??...mm...a reliable sega genesis...the possibilities are endless...)

jevon, keep checking ebay -- the trick that worked for me was finally finding a mini snes that didn't have any cables. Like you, I already had all that stuff, and buying an "incomplete" item helped keep the price lower.

I bought a Super Nintendo mini used from a local mom and pop shop for $15 about three years ago, but I found another one (system only) for $5 at a thrift store. If you want to go cheap, your best bet is to try thrift stores, pawn shops and yard sales. Eventually, you'll get lucky.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']But that just plays NES games, who plays those anyways?[/QUOTE]
PEOPLE WITH SOULS.

that's how i got my regular SNES. it came with Star Wars: RotJ, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Donkey Kong Country, Sim City, Super Mario ASs, and Bram Stoker's Dracula for about $35 shipped, but no cables.

but still, playing for six hours straight? i rarely play anyone one game for more than two hours on any system. the only game i remember putting massive hours into in one sitting was KH when it released. i think i spent a whole saturday on that game.

bread's done
Back